E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Bluetooth won't connect/turn on

05-11-2014, 04:03 AM   #1
rich89
Rep
Drives: none

Bluetooth won't connect/turn on

Unsure what the issue is, I had it working fine and then all of the sudden it never connects.
I go into settings, click on bluetooth and push down to go to the 'audio communication active' bit but it won't let me tick/select it.
If I go into communication from the main menu then it just says no phone is connected (which I assume it means the slot in the arm rest).

Any ideas why bluetooth won't work?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 05:17 AM   #2
Sheepy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Competition

I had exactly the same problem about a year ago in my E92. I'm no expert & don't know the correct terminology but if you lift the boot carpet you will find a large electrical control unit which has something to do with the Bluetooth, I had a fiddle around with the wires connected to it & it started working again, can only think I had something heavy in the boot at some point which knocked it (did have a couple of wheels with tyres in there) could also have just been coincidental & started working on it's own accord but worth a look pal.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 06:05 AM   #3
rich89
Rep

Ah, ok will have a look now.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 06:31 AM   #4
rich89
Rep

Checked it, all seems fine.
here is what is showing up. If I press it, it won't select it. If I search for devices on my phone, it doesn't pick it up..

When I click on communication

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 11:15 AM   #5
Sheepy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Competition

Those wires that connect to the control unit in the boot all looked fine with mine, all connected & not loose, I just moved them whilst still trying to connect via Idrive, eventually it would recognise my phone. Have a fiddle with them, move them from side to side where they connect to the unit.
Appreciate 0