E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Underseat subs

02-27-2016, 02:36 AM   #1
MannySingh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is

Underseat subs

I have a a 2011 335is with the Harmon kardon/logic 7 and want more bass..

I was curious to know if anyone has had experience with the new Ghost Subwoofers from BAV?

I hear they show gains without an aftermarket amp but are basically 500 dollars.
whereas the Earthquakes I can get from 80-100 each plus an amp on the side for 2-3 hundred...
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 10:05 PM   #2
MannySingh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is

^
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 08:31 PM   #3
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

If you are willing to spend $500 the best thing to do is to install a corner-loaded sub in the trunk.
      11-22-2016, 08:49 PM   #4
04gto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e

I have the MB Quarts. They produce better low end base extention and better volume with the factory amp compared to the OEM subs. I have had them in for about 2 months and they are just getting broken in and sound real good. They are not going to knock your socks off, but if you have a decent ear for detail you will like them. The best thing about them is they have better sound reproduction vs just making bass sounds. The factory speakers and most others just seem to produce bass vs producing the actual sound of the original instrument. These are a MUCH warmer and accurate sound. Only around $200 a pair.

Disclaimer: I have been a MB Quart fan for many years. I have not used MB Quart exclusively, but have used it alot. Including one of my systems with 13 speakers and 2000 watts continuous from Precision Power amps (the older ones before they sold out).
3 x 12 inch PPI subs- 1400w continuous
Front MB Quart 3 way separates- 300w
Rear MB Quart 2 way separates- 300w

I think I have a decent ear for sound.
      11-24-2016, 11:30 AM   #5
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04gto View Post
I have the MB Quarts. They produce better low end base extention and better volume with the factory amp compared to the OEM subs. I have had them in for about 2 months and they are just getting broken in and sound real good. They are not going to knock your socks off, but if you have a decent ear for detail you will like them. The best thing about them is they have better sound reproduction vs just making base sounds. The factory speakers and most others just seem to produce bass vs producing the actual sound of the original instrument. These are a MUCH warmer and accurate sound. Only around $200 a pair.

Disclaimer: I have been a MB Quart fan for many years. I have not used MB Quart exclusively, but have used it alot. Including one of my systems with 13 speakers and 2000 watts continuous from Precision Power amps (the older ones before they sold out).
3 x 12 inch PPI subs- 1400w continuous
Front MB Quart 3 way separates- 300w
Rear MB Quart 2 way separates- 300w

I think I have a decent ear for sound.
I know what you are saying. I have the Kicker SSMB8 underseat woofers and although they may not thump like some kid coming down your street, they make nice midbass that is quite musical. Bass guitars and drums sound very realistic. That is what is all about.
OEM Black grill and Blackline tails - LCI halogens with Lux V2 coded as DRL - 3M Crystalline - BMS PBX - OEM Euro Airbox with K&N - Hardwired CTEK - Bilstein B6 w/OEM springs and SP perches - Conti DWS06 - HiFi-Helix DSP - JLAudio HD/XD-Morel - CD changer trim - AE optical out
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2016, 06:18 PM   #6
DJWabbles
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 318i E90 Sedan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannySingh View Post
I have a a 2011 335is with the Harmon kardon/logic 7 and want more bass..

I was curious to know if anyone has had experience with the new Ghost Subwoofers from BAV?

I hear they show gains without an aftermarket amp but are basically 500 dollars.
whereas the Earthquakes I can get from 80-100 each plus an amp on the side for 2-3 hundred...
I haven't got any experience with the BAV ghost subs but some people on this forum have mixed reviews as there are plentiful of subs available.

I used to have Match 8B BMW,2 sub: http://www.audiotec-fischer.de/lng/e...s-8b-bmw2.html

They sounded great but always knew there had to be something better.

So recently got Focal ES 100K along with the IFBMW underseat sub plugged through an AMP sounds amazing and hits lower and harder, also the ES 100 K doesn't distort even at high volume. Sounds amazing!

Below is my car and the speakers and Sub of the Focals

Appreciate 0