E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Is It Bad For Bmw If Gm goes Out Of Business

04-03-2009, 11:39 PM   #67
lib
Major
Rep
Drives: <This space for rent>

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem144 View Post
I only wish we had universal healthcare so, say, GM and Ford and Google and the local bookstore could focus on their core business instead of paying for health insurance.
Things don't magically become free under a government mandate. If we moved to universal healthcare GM, Ford, Google and the local bookstore would still pay for it. The IRS would simply become a middleman between those companies and health providers.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #68
HSTraxx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK View Post
Dude, I'm the author of the post, so I assume you mean me. Maybe I like Obama the same as the next guy, but probably more and in any event not less. Like most people, I would classify myself a fiscal conservative, though.

That graph is from the left-leaning Washington Post and the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office. It's dramatic and shows that as much as Bush wasted money, he was a rookie compared to Obama. It makes me sick.
Sorry about that, I thought your whole post was sourced from the Washington Post article. Its cool to have your opinion in an open forum, but I don't think it'd be an acceptable statement was in a printed news source (even though it does happen all the time)
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #69
HSTraxx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Cadillac doesn't stand to snag a large portion of BMW's market share. It has a weak reputation worldwide, and only competes with the 5 and 7 anyway. Sure, there is a little bit of competition there, but it's not like Audi or Mercedes who match BMW model-for-model pretty much....
You're right, Caddilac can't snag too much of BMW's market share, but I was just referring to the direct competition statement. They are pretty much in direct competition, regardless of whose winning.

CTS vs. 3-series
STS vs. 5-series
DTS vs. 7- Series? (loosely)
X5 vs. Escalade (possibly)
X3 vs. SRX
CTS-V vs. M5
Chevy Corvette vs. M3
Appreciate 0