E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Navigon for Iphone

05-25-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

Navigon for Iphone

Just bought this on my iphone - for £52. Fairly cheap, and thought, looks fully featured, including traffic and 3D terrain....

http://www.navigon.com/portal/uk/pro...iphone_eu.html

....but it looks like traffic is £15 extra (for not sure how long), and 3D terrain is £6. Its not massive money, but is it me or is this not correctly advertised? I'm quite annoyed that the adverts are misleading. Where do I stand on complaining - does the advertising standards lot have any teeth, can they fine them? This is the site that is linked to from iTunes, so there is no warning that these are in fact not standard features, or even optional. Still not sure how long I'd have traffic for if I bought it.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 12:27 AM   #2
jvowles
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330D MSport E92

same with TomTom (HD traffic is an extra), which is good, but expensive all in all.

However both are very good on the iphone.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 03:24 AM   #3
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

Its annoying though - feel like I've been decieved into believing they were included in the price.

I emailed ASA but they said company websites were nothing to do with them - they considered them a shop, not advertising, so I'd have to try consumerdirect.gov.uk

I've emailed navigon, but no response yet.

Its just taking the piss, and it shouldn't be allowed. If you ordered a BMW and the brochure said it came with sat nav, so you paid, it turned up and it turned out you had to insert coins into the dash to make the sat nav work - you'd be pissed if they hadn't told you upfront!?! If someone can find somewhere on the navigon site that says its an extra on the iphone version - I'll happily eat all these words & my angst. To be fair to TomTom - its absolutely clear its extra with them - a rip off, but its clear. I suspect this is a underhand way by navigon of stealing tomtom sales - worked with me! GRRRRRR.
Appreciate 0