E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Tried to buy an Audi again and failed!!!!

05-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

Tried to buy an Audi again and failed!!!!

My car is due for change again this Summer so have been shopping for a few weeks. Tried to buy from Audi again but ........ the salesmen are cocks!! Sat in a Q5, the first line was 'Hello Sir, are you a cash or company car buyer?', a company car buyer, 'then I'll have to tell you you'll not be getting one of these until December!' He then walked away! Two other dealerships didn't even greet me. Why do I bother walking in?

Looked at other brands, Merc, Volvo and some I wouldn't care to mention. Went to 3 Honda dealers to look at an Accord. Can you believe no one had a car on site to look at let alone drive! Only one Honda salesman made conversation but had no brochures or pricelists but promised to email one within the hour. Still waiting two weeks later.

So with all the hassle of looking and not wanting to buy another E91 again ...... I ordered my third on the trot today .......... in fricking White!! I bottled white in '06 and again in '08 but went for it this time.

Anyway I am happy. Roll on Aug/Sept when I can start personalising the new one
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Imaginary M2

Someone on tyresmoke knows where a Q5 3.0d sline canceled order is sitting waiting to go. think his user name is 'edo'.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
pjs
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i8

Didnt you fancy an X1 a while back?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #4
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs View Post
Didnt you fancy an X1 a while back?
Then I saw it in real life
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
Hairyarse
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 330d M Sport Auto

Dealers amaze me - my local dealer ignored three phone calls to call back my lease company to order my E91. In the end they've gone through a dealer in Liverpool! You'd think they'd want the business??
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #6
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Nice one Steve

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #7
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Yeah Audi salesmen are real c*&ks.....try Grimsby Audi...Helen knows them! ;-)
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera RSR View Post
Then I saw it in real life
There is a METALLIC BROWNone near where i live - it is the worst looking car/colour combo i have ever seen, it looks awful.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #9
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
My car is due for change again this Summer so have been shopping for a few weeks. Tried to buy from Audi again but ........ the salesmen are cocks!! Sat in a Q5, the first line was 'Hello Sir, are you a cash or company car buyer?', a company car buyer, 'then I'll have to tell you you'll not be getting one of these until December!' He then walked away! Two other dealerships didn't even greet me. Why do I bother walking in?

Looked at other brands, Merc, Volvo and some I wouldn't care to mention. Went to 3 Honda dealers to look at an Accord. Can you believe no one had a car on site to look at let alone drive! Only one Honda salesman made conversation but had no brochures or pricelists but promised to email one within the hour. Still waiting two weeks later.

So with all the hassle of looking and not wanting to buy another E91 again ...... I ordered my third on the trot today .......... in fricking White!! I bottled white in '06 and again in '08 but went for it this time.

Anyway I am happy. Roll on Aug/Sept when I can start personalising the new one
Congrats! i almost ordered white on my new car but was still not 100% so like you bottled it and went black! (again). Still time to change the order though , might start thread up and get some objective opinions
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #10
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
Congrats! i almost ordered white on my new car but was still not 100% so like you bottled it and went black! (again). Still time to change the order though , might start thread up and get some objective opinions
Questioned myself and others previously hence going for Sparkling Graphite then Carbon Black. Both great colours and don't regret them. Currently the colours on offer are not doing it for me. So this time its white. I'll leave the rest of the spec to when I get it. However I am looking for a set of 193M 18'' M Star alloys in reasonable condition and no tyres as cheaply as possible, anytime between now and July!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #11
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Steve, perhaps you should not wear the full rubber gimp suit to car dealers in future?
      05-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #12
pjs
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i8

You heard it hear first, but I reckon GOLD will be the next 'white'

Strong chance that an X1 will appear in my household next Easter when the wifes C Crosser goes back!

With the new 320d engine you probably wont even need to remap your new E91
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #13
PhilL
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2, F15 X5 4.0d

Quote:
Questioned myself and others previously hence going for Sparkling Graphite then Carbon Black. Both great colours and don't regret them. Currently the colours on offer are not doing it for me. So this time its white. I'll leave the rest of the spec to when I get it. However I am looking for a set of 193M 18'' M Star alloys in reasonable condition and no tyres as cheaply as possible, anytime between now and July!
I had a similar experience with Audi when I was looking

My 193M alloys will be for sale in a couple of weeks if you're interested.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #14
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
I must just be lucky then lol.

Tbh, I never just call in on spec. because my local BMW dealer is shite at dealing with this and the Audi lot are too. Ring and make an appointment is what I always do now.........if they're still cocks after all that .......then sod 'em I say.

In fairness I called in at Hull Audi t'other day (they're now part of JCT) and asked if they're getting a RS5 demo in, the receptionist found a salesman and we had a chat. Dare say if they'd have been really busy that would not have been the case.

Two white cars then Steve!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #15
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilL View Post
My 193M alloys will be for sale in a couple of weeks if you're interested.
Let me have some pics and price in due course.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 05:24 PM   #16
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Two white cars then Steve!

924 will look good on a trailer being towed by the new E91
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 06:00 PM   #17
mikeysix
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F30 318d m sport

Garage List
Steve how long will the lease be for on the new motor when it comes? A White e91 will be bangin mate, especially in it's facelift outfit. White does seem to be the colour at the moment and it does look good! Seen an s5 ragtop today and it was tidy! Anyway I'm sure your new wagon will be a peach! U gone for the terra leather again? It's the best by far!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 03:10 AM   #18
ghosty
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 335d se

Garage List
2008 335d SE  [0.00]
congrats, the e91 will look good in white
being a previous audi owner, i know their dealerships can be very hit and miss. seem like the dealers are flooded with people buying new cars at the moment??
...or is this reverse psychology???
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 05:40 AM   #19
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs View Post
You heard it hear first, but I reckon GOLD will be the next 'white'
I think you might be right about gold. Its coming (back).

I've been thinking about gold wheels and gold carrera stripes for my white 911 once it gets its duck, though may stay safe with RSR petals.

Like this - Dick Lovett Bristol OPC had this exact car (in 1:1 scale) in a couple of months ago....

That brown X1 colour is quite good - unlike the X1 itself which is an unmitigated pile of ugly poo.

Was the Q5 salesman bragging about the length of the waiting list then? Can you really not get a new build slot until Dec?

Last edited by F31-340i; 05-28-2010 at 05:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 06:31 AM   #20
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysix View Post
Steve how long will the lease be for on the new motor when it comes? A White e91 will be bangin mate, especially in it's facelift outfit. White does seem to be the colour at the moment and it does look good! Seen an s5 ragtop today and it was tidy! Anyway I'm sure your new wagon will be a peach! U gone for the terra leather again? It's the best by far!
New lease is extended from the two years ones I have been enjoying. Could be up to four years!! Decided to go back to Shadow fabric trim rather than leather. Spent the money on a Panoramic Sunroof instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosty View Post
...or is this reverse psychology???
I think the reverse psychology in Audi and VW dealers is losing sales in my company. All heading into BMW 3er's and new 5er's currently

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ajd View Post
I think you might be right about gold. Its coming (back).

I've been thinking about gold wheels and gold carrera stripes for my white 911 once it gets its duck, though may stay safe with RSR petals.

Like this - Dick Lovett Bristol OPC had this exact car (in 1:1 scale) in a couple of months ago....

Was the Q5 salesman bragging about the length of the waiting list then? Can you really not get a new build slot until Dec?
White or Black with Gold wheels on the new GT2 RS. Have a look on Porsche.com

Reminiscent of the JPS Capri's which they did mostly in Black with a few very rare White ones with gold trim and wheels.

I have many Carrera RSR Minichamps models in my collection, 73 and 74 versions. Several with Gold wheels. The RSR in DL Bristol is Peter Lovetts own car bought around 2003. He has done several classic rally's in it.

Artificial demand creation of new models by any manufacturer loses fleet sales when people like me are forced into taking a new car within a finite window. I am sure if I placed an order with my lease company they would source a Q5 in Aug/Sept but tbh the attitude grates with me. I have previously sold cars and its not hard. Be open and nice to customers as much as possible. Even if you are not going to receive a direct sale that day. It's common courtesy in my book.

Carrera RSR says 'Be nice to people on your way up in life, you never know if you will meet them again on your way back down!!'

By the way BMW are no angels. In their wisdom they have fitted a new low profile roof rail system to the E91. This means my 2 year old roof bars no longer fit!!! (however I may have been misguided by the parts guy on this. I also asked for a 3 series performance CD and he gave me a 1 series!!)
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #21
quattrogmbh
Captain
Rep

BMW are guilty too.. I'm still waiting for a PCP quote on an ex-demo F10 5 Series. Spoke to the guy on Wednesday...
Appreciate 0