E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Low idle then dies, starts back up fine

10-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
DC441
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i E90

Low idle then dies, starts back up fine

So this issue has happened a handful of times over the last few weeks, probably about 5 times total. I start the car as I always do, clutch in, take it out of gear and start it.

When this happens, it'll will struggle to get to about 300-400 RPMS then dies in a couple of seconds. No CEL or anything. Then when try it again and starts up just fine.

I'm due for service in about 1800 miles, not exactly sure for what. I dont have I-drive so not sure how to check that. My car has about 65k miles on it now.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? I really doubt the dealer will be able to replicate the issue. My car had a new HPFP put in around 30k miles, and recently had the intake cam bearing ledges and solenoids replaced.