E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Any recommended paintshops in Portsmouth area?

12-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
Spugnut
Walnuts are a blast!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Any recommended paintshops in Portsmouth area?

Hi all,

Finally, have just bought an aero lip and some M-sport skirts and they are now sat in my garage awaiting prepping/painting and fitting.

Does anybody have any suggestions or good/bad experiences with any bodyshops in the Fareham/Portsmouth area?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
Mike in Hampshire
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None at present!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spugnut View Post
Hi all,

Finally, have just bought an aero lip and some M-sport skirts and they are now sat in my garage awaiting prepping/painting and fitting.

Does anybody have any suggestions or good/bad experiences with any bodyshops in the Fareham/Portsmouth area?

Thanks!
Greetings Spugnut, nice to know I'm not the only forum member on the M27! Sorry I don't have experience with local bodyshops - but will be interested to know how you get on with the aero lip. Is it a genuine BMW one?
I'm toying with fitting one to my car, but am worried that the finish won't match the existing paint (Titanium Silver).
You might try asking Snows who they use (I think it's a place in Fareham, near Sainsburys, could be wrong though).
Mike.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 02:56 AM   #3
pretendporsche
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2003 E46M3, 2008 E92 335i

http://www.rk-bodyrepair.com/

We use this guy at work, we screw screw him on the price and we kind of get what we pay for.

That said, on jobs with no real budget, he does a brilliant job, i just gave him the wheels i recently purchased for a refurb, i havent collected them yet but i can post up a picture when i have?!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
Spugnut
Walnuts are a blast!
United Kingdom
Rep

Mike,

It's a genuine lip, second hand, bought it already attached to a bumper. The fit is excellent, I was tempted by non OEM but this appeared for sale for a great price...

Will be sure to post some pics once its fitted...

Your 335 sounds like a beast! Haven't seen it on my daily M27 commute but will keep my eyes peeled!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #5
Spugnut
Walnuts are a blast!
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretendporsche View Post
http://www.rk-bodyrepair.com/

We use this guy at work, we screw screw him on the price and we kind of get what we pay for.

That said, on jobs with no real budget, he does a brilliant job, i just gave him the wheels i recently purchased for a refurb, i havent collected them yet but i can post up a picture when i have?!
Thanks,
Will give them a call. Don't mind paying for a good job, so long as the paint match with the surrounding panels is good.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #6
Mike in Hampshire
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None at present!

Quote:
Your 335 sounds like a beast! Haven't seen it on my daily M27 commute but will keep my eyes peeled!
Cheers buddy, look out for a silver E92 thundering off the slip road from J9 towards Scum City (sorry, Southampton, old habits die hard!). My car has 100mm Dimisa exhaust tips and a private plate.
Actually, the way the weather and traffic have been lately, I'm more likely to be doing 20 mph tops!
Mike.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 03:58 AM   #7
pretendporsche
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2003 E46M3, 2008 E92 335i

Quote:
Thanks,
Will give them a call. Don't mind paying for a good job, so long as the paint match with the surrounding panels is good.
Just to let you know, i went and grabbed my wheels from him last night, hes done a really good job on them
Appreciate 0