E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Has anyone bought a 335d or X5 35d yet?

12-10-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
wangxy83
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: C350 4matics

Question Has anyone bought a 335d or X5 35d yet?

Hi, I have just realized that you can actually build a diesel BMW on BMW Canada website now. I was wondering if anyone has bought one or at least worked out a deal yet. Could you please tell me your purchase price? Or maybe give me some hints of the negotiatable range. I wanted to get a X5 35d with Navi on it and keep it under 70k after everything, Car cost Canada hasn't yet have the information online. Thank you very much in advance!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 03:35 PM   #2
dkdurham
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangxy83 View Post
Hi, I have just realized that you can actually build a diesel BMW on BMW Canada website now. I was wondering if anyone has bought one or at least worked out a deal yet. Could you please tell me your purchase price? Or maybe give me some hints of the negotiatable range. I wanted to get a X5 35d with Navi on it and keep it under 70k after everything, Car cost Canada hasn't yet have the information online. Thank you very much in advance!
Hi wangxy83, we have 3 units coming in to our dealership and they are well equipped. There is a limited number of units per dealership and some are already spoken for. Due to this high demand, negotiating a price on such a hot car won't be possible. Especially in the realm of discount that you would need to get your car under 70k after all is said and done. I have a Black Sapphire Metallic on Black Nevada Leather X5 xDrive35d equipped with the Techonology Package (NAV), Premium Package, Comfort Package, and USB Audio Integration. The MSRP on this vehicle is: $72,575.00
After Dealer Charges you are looking at $75,494.00 and after taxes you are over $80,000.00

The MOST i see dealerships discounting this vehicle is between 2-3%.

You are definitely below cost on your target price so i would reconsider your budget.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but really trying to help you out. We have had people put deposits down for the diesels in August 2008 subject to pricing, rates and residuals.

Please contact me at davidk@bmwdurham.ca if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks for your interest in BMW!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #3
fizzerd
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangxy83 View Post
I would suggest you to wait a couple of months before you purchase/order one. BMW's sales have fallen significantly and with the economy on a downhill, BMW should bring in more incentives or discounts on its new cars. In the end you will benefit if you can wait a bit.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 05:14 PM   #4
MOAB
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche & BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdurham View Post
Hi wangxy83, we have 3 units coming in to our dealership and they are well equipped. There is a limited number of units per dealership and some are already spoken for. Due to this high demand, negotiating a price on such a hot car won't be possible. Especially in the realm of discount that you would need to get your car under 70k after all is said and done. I have a Black Sapphire Metallic on Black Nevada Leather X5 xDrive35d equipped with the Techonology Package (NAV), Premium Package, Comfort Package, and USB Audio Integration. The MSRP on this vehicle is: $72,575.00
After Dealer Charges you are looking at $75,494.00 and after taxes you are over $80,000.00

You are definitely below cost on your target price so i would reconsider your budget.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but really trying to help you out. We have had people put deposits down for the diesels in August 2008 subject to pricing, rates and residuals.

Please contact me at davidk@bmwdurham.ca if you have any further questions or concerns.

This is the funniest thing I have read in the past week!! Thanks for the laugh. Nice sales talk but guess what? We are in a recession. How many people are going to buying these cars like hot cakes? To the OP, I would grind the shit out of the price and leave them as little profit margin as possible. Its a buyer's market, not the other way around. If a dealer isn't prepared to budge, move on to another or to another car manufacturer.
      12-10-2008, 05:25 PM   #5
wangxy83
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: C350 4matics

Quote:

Thank you very much for your information. If this is ture I would be so sad, because BMW is always my first choice I hate to not get it for my next car. I would reconsider it if I have extra money in my account, I am actually sitting on the asset, 70k is all I got so far. I am also agree with the person who mentioned that it is currently a buyer's market, if 70k cash up front can't even get me the X5 I want, I would probably have to go to Audi, Lexus, or Infiniti. again, so sad if I have to not get a BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #6
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

Quote:

Man you need a reality check.
I am not sure whether I should feel sorry for you or the customers who comes to you.
Good luck
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #7
SSM46mt
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: SSII M4 6MT

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:

nice try

if these (or any other 80k item) were in such high demand as you say they'd be sold already - deposits put down in Aug have already been refunded
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #8
NeTWorKz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: any

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 12:34 AM   #9
fizzerd
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i

And I thought I should be nice here! lol

Understand it is your job as a salesman to sell but doesnt mean we are all fools here..The OP wants to spend $70k so Mr. Salesman show some respect and do understand that the OP must be educated about the state of economy if he can spend $70k on a car.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 09:57 AM   #10
EdmBimmer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 35d

I should chime in since I was on the diesel bandwagon and placed an order in Sept for an X5d.

My stealership has already sold out their allotment of 335d's and had one more X5d available after mine.

I have access to a fleet leasing website and here is the brake down on pricing:

X5d (no options) - $57300 Invoice $62900 MSRP
335d (no options) - $45925 Invoice $50400 MSRP

When I finalized my deal on my 535i and canceled the X5d the stealership was more than happy to. On the cut board behind the Finance manager I saw that 5 335d's were already "paid" for and were waiting delivery. 2 X5d's had deposits and the one we had was the only one unspoken for. I guess when gas prices were high and the speak of BMW bringing over diesels people were willing to pay whatever was being asked for. She (Finance manager) said that once pricing was set the people with orders came in and just took care of what was owing. She did also mention that the people that bought were people that looked like money wasn't an issue. I wish I was one of them!

IHMO the first batch will pay close to full price. But after that I'm sure stealerships will be smart and not order a lot for inventory. I've already noticed the lack of '09s on the lot. But it doesn't mean that in '09 the OP should not be able to negotiate a good deal.

Be patient and put yourself in the driver's seat when it comes to talking price. I'm sure sometime in March they will look at their quarterly numbers and will do anything to move a vehicle.
      12-12-2008, 04:11 PM   #11
DieselHead335D
Registered
Rep
Drives: normal

$46,000 ain't bad. So, anyone bought one yet and chipped it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc88 View Post
I should chime in since I was on the diesel bandwagon and placed an order in Sept for an X5d.

My stealership has already sold out their allotment of 335d's and had one more X5d available after mine.

I have access to a fleet leasing website and here is the brake down on pricing:

X5d (no options) - $57300 Invoice $62900 MSRP
335d (no options) - $45925 Invoice $50400 MSRP

When I finalized my deal on my 535i and canceled the X5d the stealership was more than happy to. On the cut board behind the Finance manager I saw that 5 335d's were already "paid" for and were waiting delivery. 2 X5d's had deposits and the one we had was the only one unspoken for. I guess when gas prices were high and the speak of BMW bringing over diesels people were willing to pay whatever was being asked for. She (Finance manager) said that once pricing was set the people with orders came in and just took care of what was owing. She did also mention that the people that bought were people that looked like money wasn't an issue. I wish I was one of them!

IHMO the first batch will pay close to full price. But after that I'm sure stealerships will be smart and not order a lot for inventory. I've already noticed the lack of '09s on the lot. But it doesn't mean that in '09 the OP should not be able to negotiate a good deal.

Be patient and put yourself in the driver's seat when it comes to talking price. I'm sure sometime in March they will look at their quarterly numbers and will do anything to move a vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 04:21 PM   #12
f30Seth
Futuristic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: f30 328i AW

HAHAHA "Due to this high demand, negotiating a price on such a hot car won't be possible" RIGHT LOL...........
      12-13-2008, 01:32 PM   #13
dkdurham
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sport Line

Super Bashing much? haha. Easy guys. The reason why i came off so strong was because the client was looking for a $10,000 discount on a brand new 09' model. You guys all know our profit margins. and if you don't, it's about 9% depending on the model. Anyone can pull that from CarCostCanada. The only reason why it's difficult to get the monthly payments down is due to the high interest rates associated with new models. And you guys are obviously right about the buyers market. We have just introduced 4 year leasing for the first time with the same interest rate that you would get on a 3 year term.

I'm not trying to work against you guys, but we have no special programs or cash back on the Diesel yet. As most of you have said, it might be beneficial for you to wait until programs and incentives apply on these vehicles.

I wouldn't have said that some of these vehicles have deposits if they didn't. To be honest, i've only been in the business for 4 months, i'm 21 years old and just trying to be straightforward with people for once in the car business.

Make an offer to your dealership and show that you're serious. It will be hard for the manager to let a sale slip away in these rough times.

All i was saying was $10,000.00 discount won't fly because that is way below cost.

Trust me, there is no one more aware of the state of the economy, i see the huge decrease in traffic, i see the decline in sales.

I have no problems with giving out discounts and making people happy, but people that think they should "grind the shit out of the price and leave them as little profit margin as possible." need to look elsewhere.

We have lost a sale of an X5 because a "stealership" gave away a huge amount of discount (over $20G's) on an Escalade.

We can't compete with that discount, but likewise they can't compete with our product.

I would LOVE to sell an X5 xDrive35d. why would i not.
If you're sitting on 70K, you are obviously ready to buy.
I'm just stuck in a crappy position because i've got an awesome product that everyone wants, but no attractive programs to go with it. All i have is the profit in the vehicle.

I was just unclear as to $70K "Everything In". Is this including Taxes? Let me know.

Read SC88's post regarding the supply and demand of these vehicles. They seem to have been through the whole diesel process and knows what to expect.

"Be patient and put yourself in the driver's seat when it comes to talking price. I'm sure sometime in March they will look at their quarterly numbers and will do anything to move a vehicle." - I agree with this 100% because that's what happened with the 08 incentives as a lucky number of members may have experienced.

I'm not asking for sympathy or compassion during this economic turmoil. All i ask is that you guys have a little integrity before you make such irrational comments.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #14
SSM46mt
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: SSII M4 6MT

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Super Bashing much? haha. Easy guys. The reason why i came off so strong was because the client was looking for a $10,000 discount on a brand new 09' model. You guys all know our profit margins. and if you don't, it's about 9% depending on the model. Anyone can pull that from CarCostCanada. The only reason why it's difficult to get the monthly payments down is due to the high interest rates associated with new models. And you guys are obviously right about the buyers market. We have just introduced 4 year leasing for the first time with the same interest rate that you would get on a 3 year term.

I'm not trying to work against you guys, but we have no special programs or cash back on the Diesel yet. As most of you have said, it might be beneficial for you to wait until programs and incentives apply on these vehicles.

I wouldn't have said that some of these vehicles have deposits if they didn't. To be honest, i've only been in the business for 4 months, i'm 21 years old and just trying to be straightforward with people for once in the car business.

Make an offer to your dealership and show that you're serious. It will be hard for the manager to let a sale slip away in these rough times.

All i was saying was $10,000.00 discount won't fly because that is way below cost.

Trust me, there is no one more aware of the state of the economy, i see the huge decrease in traffic, i see the decline in sales.

I have no problems with giving out discounts and making people happy, but people that think they should "grind the shit out of the price and leave them as little profit margin as possible." need to look elsewhere.

We have lost a sale of an X5 because a "stealership" gave away a huge amount of discount (over $20G's) on an Escalade.

We can't compete with that discount, but likewise they can't compete with our product.

I would LOVE to sell an X5 xDrive35d. why would i not.
If you're sitting on 70K, you are obviously ready to buy.
I'm just stuck in a crappy position because i've got an awesome product that everyone wants, but no attractive programs to go with it. All i have is the profit in the vehicle.

I was just unclear as to $70K "Everything In". Is this including Taxes? Let me know.

Read SC88's post regarding the supply and demand of these vehicles. They seem to have been through the whole diesel process and knows what to expect.

"Be patient and put yourself in the driver's seat when it comes to talking price. I'm sure sometime in March they will look at their quarterly numbers and will do anything to move a vehicle." - I agree with this 100% because that's what happened with the 08 incentives as a lucky number of members may have experienced.

I'm not asking for sympathy or compassion during this economic turmoil. All i ask is that you guys have a little integrity before you make such irrational comments.
that seems rational - If I were OP I would go with another BMW that has incentives but would also take a HUGE piece of that 9% - sorry dk but thats your life for the next couple of years
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 03:28 PM   #15
bobbyz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Gotta come to Davids rescue. My family purchased 3 vehicles from David last month and trust me when I say the guy will pass on all rebates and incentives that he has access to. We purchased '08's for under what would normally be dealer cost simply because of all the factory incentives on the models we purchased that David gladly passed on to us. So when you see '08 7's going for 25 grand under MSRP, its not that the dealership gave a 20% discount. The factory prob. kicked in 15+grand of that and then the dealership worked on nothing just to get the '08 out the door before the new '09s come in. Order an '09 7 and I'm sure you will see the standard 2-4% off MSRP that we are all able to get, but no more then that AND NO FACTORY INCENTIVES. Fact of the matter is that there are not enough diesels sitting on the lots to blow them out...yet. If dealers sold all cars at cost then how are they supposed to keep the doors open and pay David . This is why David is saying that on a brand new model, you will not see steep discounts...YET. He can only pass on his standard discount with no factory incentives since they are not being offered...YET. You could have gotten an '08 M3 sedan for 850 per month last month...go into a dealership and try to get an '09 for 1300 and it will not be possible...the rate went from 2.9% to 8.9% and the $8,000 factory rebate is not available anymore. Dealers can only work with what they are offered from BMW...Dont expect a dealership to loose money on a car that just arrived at the dealership or else no one will be around to service our cars next year.
Appreciate 0