E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Complete Listing of ODBII Diagnostic Trouble Codes - Generic and Bimmer Specific

04-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
wilsjay
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI

Complete Listing of ODBII Diagnostic Trouble Codes - Generic and Bimmer Specific

Does anyone have link to COMPLETE listing of the ODBII codes for an e90? My car has the N54 engine. The reason I am asking is the other day a friend of mine (non-DIY'er) brought his car over (an e46) b/c he got an oil change and his check engine light was on. I hooked up my scanner and got a code P111F. Looked high and low and could not find anything definitive on it. Seemed the major consensus was Mass air flow related, so I looked and the oil change guys/gal did not fasten the cover to his air filter down. Fixed it and cleared the code, but I have tried to find where this code is listed and have not been too successful. So far the best resources I have found are here http://www.obd-codes.com/faq/obd2-codes-explained.php and here http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/eb..._dtc_codes.pdf

The second link is the only listing I have found that lists the P111F code, but that list if not for my car or his. The first link has the generic and manufacturer specific codes for most makes, but it does not list the code in question for Bimmers. I would just like to find a good reference for future use, and hope I never need it!
Appreciate 0