Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > M6 Replica Wheel / Tires help - E90 -

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

12-15-2008, 09:08 PM   #1
Borsig
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: '09 335i ///M-Sport

M6 Replica Wheel / Tires help - E90 -

Guys - Ive done searches and from what Ive gathered -

For my 06 330i with sport -

19x8.5 ET35 and 19x9.5 ET33. Are tjhe proper offsets for my car, considering I run 19's and not 18's? The offset is very confusing to me

(I am still unsure on the 19s as of yet. I may still decide on 18's as that is my factory setup, - Staggered 18's)

Also as i understand it i ahve the passive TPMS and wont have a hassle with TPMS sensors?

235/35/19 and 265/30/19 Tires are the proper size?

Whats the difference in the M6 reps from Miro, and the ones that **********s sells as their own brand? Ive PM'd **********s, and have yet to get a response. Where is the best place to buy these wheels?

Also I will be using NON RFT tires when my bridgestones wear out (140 Treadwear rating that wont take long... I HATE bridgestone tires.)

General exclaim UHP seems to be popular? I have BFG Gforce KDW2's on my gto but they are LOUD tires. Not a big concern on a 400HP monster V8 with a borla exhaust, but on a smooth quiet BMW, I think I will pass on the KDW's. they are great tires, but the noise level on them sucks.

There dont seem to be alot of suitable choices in these sizes, honestly.

Id like to try the yokohoma S drives on this car. However they dont appear to be available in the appropriate sizes in 19"

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Borsig; 12-15-2008 at 09:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2008, 11:47 AM   #2
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Those sizes and offsets are fine for your car as they were aimed toward the E9x fitment. For an inexpensive set of tires (but good nonetheless), I would go with the General Exclaim UHP. For mid-range tires the Goodyear Eagle F1 and the Pirelli Pzer Nero are good tires. For the more higher end tires you can go with the Michelin PS2. Keep in mind that summer tires in general get louder as the tread wears down.

Let us know if you would like a quote on a set of wheels & tires.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2008, 11:48 AM   #3
in5ane_3
Lieutenant General
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M3

Those are the right offsets for an e90 and you should be good with the tire sizes. You could run a 275 if you want and not rub in the rear.

As far as tires go, generals do seem to be popular but if you go on tirerack.com they have reviews of certain tires you can purchase from consumers so that helps out a lot.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2008, 12:08 PM   #4
Borsig
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: '09 335i ///M-Sport

Im not really interested in the generals...

I hear they have a spongy feel and a soft sidewall, and offer poor wheel protection.

Im also not interetsred in super expensive tires.

I am really looking very hard at thee yokohoma S drive right now.

Its hard to decide between 18 and 19 inch wheels, becasue the price of 19 inch tires is so high, even compared to 20's.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #5
in5ane_3
Lieutenant General
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M3

You might want to look at Vredestein tires. They are honestly awesome for their price. They handle well, aren't to noisy at all and look nice. You can read reviews on them. I've had them before on my Camry and they felt just fine.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2008, 06:04 PM   #6
vortex_tuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

We carry both 18" and 19" M6 replica wheels for 3 series. Those wheels are designed to fit E46 and E90 Non M series. No spacer or hub centric rings are needed.
Click here to check these out.
Our whees are Low Pressure Cast resulting in very strong wheel construction. Most of the aftermarket wheels are by the lesser gravity casting.

Last edited by vortex_tuning; 12-29-2008 at 06:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 03:26 AM   #7
BMW MotorSport
Banned
Rep
Drives: 95 Avus M3 and 07 E90 Fam Car!

Hey Borsig, those are the standard sizes for our BMW's but you can go more aggressive or more conservative depending what you like and achieve. Let me know if you need some help with the M6 wheels???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borsig View Post
Guys - Ive done searches and from what Ive gathered -

For my 06 330i with sport -

19x8.5 ET35 and 19x9.5 ET33. Are tjhe proper offsets for my car, considering I run 19's and not 18's? The offset is very confusing to me

(I am still unsure on the 19s as of yet. I may still decide on 18's as that is my factory setup, - Staggered 18's)

Also as i understand it i ahve the passive TPMS and wont have a hassle with TPMS sensors?

235/35/19 and 265/30/19 Tires are the proper size?

Whats the difference in the M6 reps from Miro, and the ones that **********s sells as their own brand? Ive PM'd **********s, and have yet to get a response. Where is the best place to buy these wheels?

Also I will be using NON RFT tires when my bridgestones wear out (140 Treadwear rating that wont take long... I HATE bridgestone tires.)

General exclaim UHP seems to be popular? I have BFG Gforce KDW2's on my gto but they are LOUD tires. Not a big concern on a 400HP monster V8 with a borla exhaust, but on a smooth quiet BMW, I think I will pass on the KDW's. they are great tires, but the noise level on them sucks.

There dont seem to be alot of suitable choices in these sizes, honestly.

Id like to try the yokohoma S drives on this car. However they dont appear to be available in the appropriate sizes in 19"

Thanks for any help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borsig View Post
Im not really interested in the generals...

I hear they have a spongy feel and a soft sidewall, and offer poor wheel protection.

Im also not interetsred in super expensive tires.

I am really looking very hard at thee yokohoma S drive right now.

Its hard to decide between 18 and 19 inch wheels, becasue the price of 19 inch tires is so high, even compared to 20's.
Generals are horrible tires. The Yoko S drive are incredible tires but they are still in pre-production so NOT all sizes are available yet. I carry all Yokohamas and have more in stock. Let me know and I offer FREE tire mounting and FREE wheel balancing.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #8
chazzz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Chrysler 300S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW MotorSport View Post
The Yoko S drive are incredible tires but they are still in pre-production so NOT all sizes are available yet.
Do you have Yoko S.drive in these sizes: 235/35/19 and 265/30/19 ?

CURRENT - 2018 Chrysler 300S, Crystal Granite Metallic.
Appreciate 0