E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW of Fairfax

08-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #1
nik-328xi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2007 e92 328xi

BMW of Fairfax

Picked up my new 328xi Coupe on July 20 from BMW of Fairfax. This is what I got

328xi coupe
Alpine White with Saddle Brown/Black dark burl trim

205 6 speed Steptronic automatic
ZPP Premium Package
ZSP Sport Package
494 Three Stage Heated Front Seats
322 Comfort Access
6FL iPod/USB Adaptor
507 Park Distance Control
609 iDrive navigation
677 Logic 7 Surround Sound System

MSRP 47,850
Invoice 44,215

Paid 45,215 (including 200 MACO)

So depending on your POV either 2635 off MSRP or 1000 over invoice (800 without MACO). Best deal I could was from BMW of Fairfax, I live in PA but best the local or semi-local dealers would do was 1500 off MSRP (2135 over invoice) so I think it was a fair deal for everyone.

Dealt with Peter Akaeze and he was very good to work with kept me updated on progress during the 3 month wait (ordered in April for a May allocation and June build). Did the entire deal by email, telephone and fax without a hitch. Peter always returned my calls and answered any and all questions.

Delivery went smoothly after a three hour drive. A few days before I had spoken with the F&I person who completed all the paperwork and faxed me copies to review along with the usual list of extras, of which I got the clear bra (price was the same as some local shops I called) and the wheel and tire insurance. So it was just a matter of singing and handing over checks all of about five minutes.

Peter spent awhile going over the car and the various functions, showing me the idrive, nav, iPod, pairing my phone and going over the phone funtions, setting up BMW assist, etc.

Overall I was very pleased with the deal I received and the experience. It was my first out of state purchase (they even took care of the paperwork to tranfer the title to PA and transfer my PA tags) and also the first done without setting foot in the dealership until delivery.

I'd recommend Fairfax and Peter to anyone looking in the DC/Northern VA area. ALthough I did not negotiate in person (was a one email negotion mine said "this is what I want to order what's your best price" their internet manager Amber sent a quick reply with the deal I took) so I cannot speak to that experience nor have I had and likely won't have contact with the service dept.

Nik
      08-04-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
TMNT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330ci ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik-328xi View Post
Picked up my new 328xi Coupe on July 20 from BMW of Fairfax. This is what I got

328xi coupe
Alpine White with Saddle Brown/Black dark burl trim

205 6 speed Steptronic automatic
ZPP Premium Package
ZSP Sport Package
494 Three Stage Heated Front Seats
322 Comfort Access
6FL iPod/USB Adaptor
507 Park Distance Control
609 iDrive navigation
677 Logic 7 Surround Sound System

MSRP 47,850
Invoice 44,215

Paid 45,215 (including 200 MACO)

So depending on your POV either 2635 off MSRP or 1000 over invoice (800 without MACO). Best deal I could was from BMW of Fairfax, I live in PA but best the local or semi-local dealers would do was 1500 off MSRP (2135 over invoice) so I think it was a fair deal for everyone.

Dealt with Peter Akaeze and he was very good to work with kept me updated on progress during the 3 month wait (ordered in April for a May allocation and June build). Did the entire deal by email, telephone and fax without a hitch. Peter always returned my calls and answered any and all questions.

Delivery went smoothly after a three hour drive. A few days before I had spoken with the F&I person who completed all the paperwork and faxed me copies to review along with the usual list of extras, of which I got the clear bra (price was the same as some local shops I called) and the wheel and tire insurance. So it was just a matter of singing and handing over checks all of about five minutes.

Peter spent awhile going over the car and the various functions, showing me the idrive, nav, iPod, pairing my phone and going over the phone funtions, setting up BMW assist, etc.

Overall I was very pleased with the deal I received and the experience. It was my first out of state purchase (they even took care of the paperwork to tranfer the title to PA and transfer my PA tags) and also the first done without setting foot in the dealership until delivery.

I'd recommend Fairfax and Peter to anyone looking in the DC/Northern VA area. ALthough I did not negotiate in person (was a one email negotion mine said "this is what I want to order what's your best price" their internet manager Amber sent a quick reply with the deal I took) so I cannot speak to that experience nor have I had and likely won't have contact with the service dept.

Nik
Amber their Internet Sales Manager is pathetic. She qouted me $900 under MSRP for a 328i coupe as her best price. Where other dealers in the area were offering $500-1000 over invoice.

I sent her a reponse about other dealer offers just to give her an idea of how clueless she must be and she said that I should take those great offers and that her offer will not change because "BMW's are the ultimate driving machine!"

Dumb bitch.

But I'm glad to you got what you wanted
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2007, 09:59 AM   #3
nik-328xi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2007 e92 328xi

Guess I caught them at the right time. I'm always amazed by how dealers (not just BMW dealers) operate, some people get great deals others have a hard time getting any deal at all from the same dealer. I know to some degree it depends on when you go in, how the dealership's sales are for that month etc. but it always strikes me as strange.

Good luck finding the the car you wanted at a decent deal.

Nik
      08-08-2007, 02:05 PM   #4
andrewket
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is Convertible DCT

I bought my car at Fairfax as well (James was by SA.) For the most part it was a good experience.

Honestly, asking an dealer for a number is the wrong way to go. Do your homework and make them an offer. They might not accept it, but you determined where negotiation is going to start from.

Andrew
Appreciate 0