E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > underseat woofer rattle

02-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
Rollo`
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i

underseat woofer rattle

Suddenly my passenger side under seat woofer has started a rattling noise at high volumes. The really strange thing is that the rattle is much more pronounced when I have the sub in the trunk on and less so with it off.

Just running the stock hi-fi amp at the moment but could the speaker be blown? If so, why does the rattling noise get worse with the other sub running when all other settings are the same?

I have already ensured there is nothing under the seat that is rattling on top of the speaker.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
dmatre
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Sedan

It's possible that the underseat speaker is blown, but the fact that it gets worse with the sub firing sounds more like you have some debris that fell into the speaker, and it vibrates more with resonance from the sub. Unbolt the seat, lay it back, and pull the grill to check out the actual situation.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
Rollo`
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatre View Post
It's possible that the underseat speaker is blown, but the fact that it gets worse with the sub firing sounds more like you have some debris that fell into the speaker, and it vibrates more with resonance from the sub. Unbolt the seat, lay it back, and pull the grill to check out the actual situation.
Good suggestion...thanks.
Appreciate 0