E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > BMW Bridgeport - Experiences

09-12-2016, 01:19 PM   #1
skrelnik
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

BMW Bridgeport - Experiences

Does anyone have any experiences with this dealers service department?

I was in for an oil change and "free" summer safety inspection and was told I needed a new oil pan gasket. Picked up the car on Friday, drove home and when I looked at the car I had oil all over the front passenger wheel/tire. There was drippings coming through one of the underbelly bolts as well. I emailed pics to my SA since it was the end of the day and couldn't get there before closing. Over the weekend I had about 6 error codes appear, multiple cyl 3 misfire codes to shadow codes. I have pics since I needed to google what the codes were.

I dropped the car off first thing this morning and got a call back that my brake line was punctured, causing the leak. Last summer, a year ago, I had ECS Tuning SS brake lines installed so how would they get punctured...possibly when they dropped the sub frame??? I have never heard of SS brake lines cracking, anyone else? Unless intentially cut, or not taken care of. Car is garaged all the time. If I hit something on the way home I'm sure my wheel would be scuffed pr something....

Then for the error codes, they only said one code appeared and it was an ignition coil. I ask if they swapped to confirm, nope. I had new coils, plugs and a carbon/walnut cleaning done last year so I highly doubt it is one of them. After the oil change I did notice oil on my engine cover so my thought is they missed the fill hole and it seeped into Cyl 3.

I'm on my way to the dealership now to see if they are going to rectify the problem, so just curious if anyone as had any experiences with this shop.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2016, 04:04 PM   #2
skrelnik
Private
Rep

Hey guys - really avoid this place! I went to pick up my car and my headlight is full of water. The dealership takes photos every time someone drops off a car and my headlights were clean as a whistle, as always.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW Headlight - before.pdf (1.55 MB, 155 views)
File Type: pdf BMw Headlight - After1.pdf (242.2 KB, 371 views)
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 09:24 PM   #3
jamaicanartist41
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i coupe

Oh wow
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 09:25 PM   #4
jamaicanartist41
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i coupe

I usually drive out to Long Island to Raylle Bmw they have been good to me or try Bmw of Darien
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 03:00 PM   #5
nynyny
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive E92

Only things I've heard about Bridgeport is they are supposedly mod friendly. Never used them though.

Always have had good service through BMW Greenwich's Service/Parts center.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 09:06 AM   #6
GreaseMonkey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 335i xDrive

Bridgeport is very mod friendly, and they seem to respond well to customers who know about their cars and have a brain between their shoulders. Your experience doesn't sound anything like what I've been through with them.

I'd be glad to give you a hand swapping coils around or something if you want.
Formerly His:'09 335 xdrive
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 04:39 PM   #7
Bluewater328iT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328iT

I use BMW Greenwich's Service/Parts center as well and find it is reasonable. That place services both BMW Greenwich and BMW Mamaroneck and is located in Port Chester, NY. They won't mod your car unless it is BMW Performance or Dinan parts. They would not put a 330 intake on my car.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 09:21 PM   #8
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Bridgeport is good for sales but for service I stick to Port Chester (Greenwich) or Darien.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 08:48 AM   #9
skrelnik
Private
Rep

Thanks for the replies guys - so this is what we have concluded about all of this, but this is just speculation since there is no way to know what actually went down. When they dropped the sub frame to repair the oil pan gasket we assume it alleviated pressure on certain parts, but stressed/pulled the brake line.

Brake line ended up being dislodged at the caliper, and not punctured as we were originally told. BMW Bridgeport repaired this, but put 100% of the blame on the brake lines not being torqued properly. Obviously no way to prove that, but since they were on the car for 18 months and installed by Fairfield County Motorsports I tend to doubt that.

Headlight - we noticed at home that one of the gaskets/seals was not in the exact same place as the other headlight. So we fixed that, and we had a lot of rain the past couple days and no leaks whatsoever. We assume during the subframe drop it may have pushed this seal off-line and thus water entered housing when we had the car washed, or when BMW washed the car. BMW was adamant they had nothing to do with this and offered a smoke test. Since it has been perfectly fine since we adjusted the seal we do not want them touching the car again.

Misfire - thanks grease monkey for the offer to swap coils but we asked BMW to do the swap which they did. No misfires or anything since the swap. My assumption again is it occurred during the subframe drop, possibly loosened up a little bit to create a bad connection. BMW put the blame on the coil itself since it was purchased from ECS Tuning.

Going forward we are not going there and intend to use Bobby and Helmut over at Helmuts FCS in Milford. I highly recommend everyone to check them out. In the event I need to hit up a dealership I will make the trip to BMW Watertown, our old BMW Bridgeport SA works up there and he was a good dude.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 02:13 PM   #10
GreaseMonkey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 335i xDrive

Glad things are getting straightened out. I have not used Helmuts, but I've heard exceptional feedback, so you should be in good hands. I'm always glad to lend a hand if you need, but I'm not a mechanic or anything, just a fearless tinkerer.
Formerly His:'09 335 xdrive
Appreciate 1
nynyny64.50
      12-07-2016, 09:00 AM   #11
skrelnik
Private
Rep

Hey guys - just following up on this as I now have my car back, after a couple months on the sideline because of BMW Bridgeport. Stay the F away from this place!!! You can see above all the issues they caused, but since then I have had many error codes which led to BMW Ridgefield replacing the HPFP, Cats/downpipe, fuel injectors, solenoids and boost/vacuum lines. BMW Bridgeport replaced my injectors 8 months ago and they failed.

BMW Bridgeport will take no responsibility while BMW Ridgefield cleaned up their mess. Most was covered under a BMW emissions warranty so that was cool. Lesson is to stay away from Bridgeport, they are a-holes and just suck at what they do. Go to Helmuts or Ridgefield(Korry is the tech to see) for a job done right.
Appreciate 0