E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > AutoTalent: these guys are full of it

06-25-2008, 10:54 PM   #1
homerunball
Private
Rep
Drives: 96 Geo Metro 1.0L

AutoTalent: these guys are full of it

I'm sure a lot of you had good experiences with these guys but I just need to vent my experience.

I ordered the RD Sport Quad exhaust from them over 2 months ago and to make a long story short they have repeatedly promised me that the exhaust will be shipped since before Bimmerfest. Every time I called they gave me excuses after excuses. "oh the shipping truck is late. we are waiting for the shipment. it will be here for you next week."

Then they have the nerve to lie and say that it was shipped. They even said there is a tracking number and kept transferring me to different people. When the package obviously didn't arrive I tried contacting them and of course they don't pick up the call.

Its obvious you guys are avoiding me looking at your caller ID.

I called many of the other official suppliers of RD Sport products and they said if you can get it at the price you were quoted for, then I'll buy 10+ sets from AutoTalent. Apparently even Filepe from RD isn't aware of their low prices.

Go ahead and bring it on. Don't bother giving excuses about shipping companies errors or shipment delays becauseI have detailed records of when I called and each of your responses for every one of those calls including the name of who I spoke to. You guys were BSing about the tracking number and that it was shipped which was obviously a lie.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 10:57 PM   #2
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

Seems like you are located in LA. Why not just show up at the shop and find out whats really going on? Can't avoid you if you go in person
      06-25-2008, 11:46 PM   #3
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
This sounds EXTREMELY uncharacteristic of Autotalent.

Was one of the people you spoke to Sam?

And they do a shitload of RD Sport installs, very weird for them not to have any in stock. But if its on backorder, that would be understandable. After all it IS RD Sport we are talking about. They take forever for everything.
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 11:54 PM   #4
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
Seems like you are located in LA. Why not just show up at the shop and find out whats really going on? Can't avoid you if you go in person
+1000 just take your happy ass in there and say HI!!! They'll take care of it and im sure they buy so much from RD they get quantity discount and they pass it on to the customer, IM sure youll get your exhaust just be patient!
      06-26-2008, 12:14 AM   #5
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
autotalent`s generally been pretty good in this forum... but like others have said, if you have the time, just go there and ask for a straight answer.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 01:11 AM   #6
MMAJNKE
MMA Changed My Life!
Japan
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 & f30 328i

Garage List
I've had great experience with auto talent! who are dealing with over there doesn't seem like them to do this but I guess shit falls out eventually
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 07:15 PM   #7
oncyte
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
My E46 had RD Sport everything.....but man...it took forever to get. Don't blame the reseller...blame the manufacturer....unless they already had it in stock!
      06-28-2008, 08:20 PM   #8
homerunball
Private
Rep
Drives: 96 Geo Metro 1.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iheLLraiseR View Post
This sounds EXTREMELY uncharacteristic of Autotalent.

Was one of the people you spoke to Sam?

And they do a shitload of RD Sport installs, very weird for them not to have any in stock. But if its on backorder, that would be understandable. After all it IS RD Sport we are talking about. They take forever for everything.
Yes it was. I totally understand if it was the manufacturer's delay but why BS about the tracking number when they clearly did not send it? They have repeatedly told me that they sent it and they'll give me a tracking number but every time I call after they declared this, it goes to their answering. Of course their inbox is full so I can't leave a msg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncyte View Post
My E46 had RD Sport everything.....but man...it took forever to get. Don't blame the reseller...blame the manufacturer....unless they already had it in stock!
Again, I totally agree with you. I have no problems if its a manufacturer's delay but why BS about sending it? My CC wasn't even charged and they said its on its way. They even told me the ECD? "oh it should be there at the latest by tuesday." It was never sent.

I neither have the time nor the energy to follow up and go to their shop. I handle everything through my secretary, agent or on the phone. I guess this is my shortcoming but this BSing is just very unnecessary and unprofessional.
Appreciate 0