E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Open Flash Tablet with Procede

08-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #1
JDrago1926
335i Owner
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i 4 Door

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Open Flash Tablet with Procede

Anyone doing this? If so how do you like it? Thinking about adding on the piggyback..
KW v2 Coilovers | M3 Front Control Arms
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
kirbycorp
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

We've been pm'ing, but I thought I'd stick my head in here to share my experience.

I love running the procede. It's worlds better than other piggy backs. I used to have a jb4; no comparison. With the back end flash, it's very powerful in low rpms and the mid to upper rpm range. Best powerband bar none.

I tried the open flash only. Great maps with terrific low end. The procede top end, on the other hand, is better.

Stacked, you get the best of both worlds. Hope that helps.

Oh, don't even get me started about e85 with the stacked combo. In a word: amazing.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 11:36 PM   #3
sutter2k
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbycorp View Post
We've been pm'ing, but I thought I'd stick my head in here to share my experience.

I love running the procede. It's worlds better than other piggy backs. I used to have a jb4; no comparison. With the back end flash, it's very powerful in low rpms and the mid to upper rpm range. Best powerband bar none.

I tried the open flash only. Great maps with terrific low end. The procede top end, on the other hand, is better.

Oh, don't even get me started about e85 with the stacked combo. In a word: amazing.
How is the stacked a safe setup? Isn't there parameters being modified that the flash tune was not tuned for?

Also, why can't a flash tune have the same top end as the procede piggy back?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #4
kirbycorp
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutter2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbycorp View Post

How is the stacked a safe setup? Isn't there parameters being modified that the flash tune was not tuned for?

Also, why can't a flash tune have the same top end as the procede piggy back?
It can, but it requires custom tuning. Procede isolated boost control plus the backend flash (raises fuel ceiling) allows for more mid range and top end. Eventually, open flash tablet will support stage 2 or 2+ maps.....e30 maps too. Stacking has it's advantages though. You can reduce post shift 6at timing flat line. You can run e85. You can run meth. Etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #5
Dark9T
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Red 335i E92 AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrago1926 View Post
Anyone doing this? If so how do you like it? Thinking about adding on the piggyback..
Hope this can help you..

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873806