E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > How powerful is US military?

11-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #67
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 119/220

hmm, vietnam, korean war.

you know, war isn't about standing face to face and "fight it out like a man". whoever wins, wins.

guerilla warfare is a proper form of war - it is a proper strategy to follow when your forces are smaller and not as well equipped.

The art of war ladies and gentlemen
      11-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #68
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 119/220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie84 View Post
That is a very ignorant statement. Guerilla warfare and terrorism are whole other subject than the power of US military. It is not like the US can bomb the whole country and kill everyone.
lol

you should read up on the amount of bombs dropped in Vietnam and the # of new bombs invented to inflict maximum personnel damage (without killing them), because:
1 dead == 1 dead
1 wounded == 2 or more carrying him + 1 wounded

the infamous pineapple and grapefruit cluster bombs
      11-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #69
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsims View Post

guerilla warfare is a proper form of war - it is a proper strategy to follow when your forces are smaller and not as well equipped.
america wouldn't have beaten england without it.

gotta love the idiots with nothing to contribute aside from empty insults. hopefully they are just being idiots online and actually have something going on irl.

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 11-06-2013 at 12:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #70
Rookie84
Private
Rep
Drives: '13 Chevy Caprice

Quote:
lol

you should read up on the amount of bombs dropped in Vietnam and the # of new bombs invented to inflict maximum personnel damage (without killing them), because:
1 dead == 1 dead
1 wounded == 2 or more carrying him + 1 wounded

the infamous pineapple and grapefruit cluster bombs
And why is this relevant? When making a strike, you do so without damaging the civilian population. Hence the reason why I mentioned you can't just bomb the crap out of a country and kill everyone.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #71
Rookie84
Private
Rep

Quote:

you know, war isn't about standing face to face and "fight it out like a man". whoever wins, wins.

The art of war ladies and gentlemen
And that is where you went off topic. Guerilla warfare is a strategy for those who are severely outpowered by the enemy. It has nothing to do with comparing the power of military, which is the topic of this thread.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #72
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep

Quote:
And that is where you went off topic. Guerilla warfare is a strategy for those who are severely outpowered by the enemy. It has nothing to do with comparing the power of military, which is the topic of this thread.
they cause damage, produce results, and win wars. hence are part of the power equation.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #73
Rookie84
Private
Rep

BTW, I was a Lieutenant in Republic of Korea Army and worked in ROK-US Combined Forces Command / United Nations Command. I do know what I am talking about. I participated in enough war games and exercises to have some good knowledge regarding military power and how the war is conducted.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #74
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep

Quote:
BTW, I was a Lieutenant in Republic of Korea Army and worked in ROK-US Combined Forces Command / United Nations Command. I do know what I am talking about. I participated in enough war games and exercises to have some good knowledge regarding military power and how the war is conducted.
good to know, and i'm ex-cia (check your sources)
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #75
Rookie84
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosster hymen View Post
they cause damage, produce results, and win wars. hence are part of the power equation.
And we are comparing power of military here. Anyone can resort to guerilla warfare including terrorists and civilians, which are not part of military.

Guerilla warfare is the last resort of those who are fighting on their own soil and do not have the means to overpower the enemy.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #76
Rookie84
Private
Rep

Quote:
good to know, and i'm ex-cia (check your sources)
I hope you are joking here because I would be very disappointed if an ex-CIA made such unprofessional remarks without valid sources.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #77
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
You are outmatched, man.
Hymen (formally known as "Balls") is a starship commander of the Urqan gallatic fleet.. he has 1000 vessels with enough firepower to destroy the universe ten times over
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #78
Rookie84
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
You are outmatched, man.
Hymen (formally known as "Balls") is a starship commander of the Urqan gallatic fleet.. he has 1000 vessels with enough firepower to destroy the universe ten times over
That must be it. I surrender!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #79
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
america wouldn't have beaten england without it.

gotta love the idiots with nothing to contribute aside from empty insults. hopefully they are just being idiots online and actually have something going on irl.

Sorry, but you're so full of shit it's spilling out over the interwebs...

Last edited by Templar; 11-06-2013 at 03:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #80
GAaaAR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

To answer the question, US has the strongest military in the world. However, being the strongest doesn't mean you can win every war or would it make sense to. As it stands and the way wars are fought now, it might only be beneficial to fight a country with significantly less meanwhile also getting funds and assistance from allies. IE: Afghan and Iraq (look how high the cost is even for those wars). So strongest military doesnt mean you can attack a country with a strong enough military deterrent Ie: Russia, China and etc.

The title of being the strongest just doesn't carry as far as it use to anymore with globalization and how major countries all need to depend on each other one way or another, combined with weapons of mass destruction available from both sides. Russia isn't afraid of the US just because they have a stronger military, cause they know the US wouldn't risk a fight.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #81
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
US Military
Most powerful military in the world