E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews

07-12-2011, 02:09 PM   #947
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 M Sport

Ha ha ha! No favours huh, why would you think anyone needs favours on a forum other than bigsy?

I'm entitled to my opinion and as usual another "fishy" posting on the big thread.

Well done for the great experience you have had buying the car you thought was wrongfully mot'd, but we can all have a change of heart hey.....
Enjoy your new 5 series
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 02:55 PM   #948
Shangrila
Rep
Drives: E60

Getting narky because I was called a mug, I'm anything but. I'm also not the one throwing about personal insults. No I don't want leetennis's addess! If he has an issue with something I've posted then stick up a reply, there's no need to resort to personal insults.

Clearly I couldn't take the wheels off to check the brakes on the premises and as I've said the discs look like they need changing, that still remains the case and the lip is still there. The tyre has been turned around so its faces the correct directional travel and has more wear on the inside edge (which is now facing outside) consitant with rear drive which I'm sure you know. Still have the new one on the front. Think they only changed the one of them for the MOT as already stated.

Not sure why so much suspicion, I am a genuine customer and told it how it is. I think there was a lot of negaticity in my first posts because after reading all the stories on this thread I'd convinvced myself Big were a issue. Have no intention of continuing to post in this climate. Real nice 'community' you guys got here.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #949
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Again, if you can't understand why some people are suspicious having read this thread in any detail: There's not much hope.

As you've only ever posted in this topic and nowhere else on the forum I don't think your disdain for the community is of particular concern. It's a shame, but what can you do
      07-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #950
225_AB
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
So the warped discs are no longer warped?

Out of interest how much did you get off to allow you to replace all 4 discs and pads?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #951
Shangrila
Rep

There's no point in me posting anymore as this is no longer about Big Motor World, more a case of being personally insulted and called a liar, something which is very offensive. I suppose Biggy is to blame for joining up and pretending to be a legitimate customer so the suspicion is partially understadable. Problem is, now any genuine customer like me who may have a positive comment won't be believed regardless, so what's the point in this thread? Its just become a farce and no longer informative. Enjoy your forum.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #952
B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d XD M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shangrila View Post
There's no point in me posting anymore as this is no longer about Big Motor World, more a case of being personally insulted and called a liar, something which is very offensive. I suppose Biggy is to blame for joining up and pretending to be a legitimate customer so the suspicion is partially understadable. Problem is, now any genuine customer like me who may have a positive comment won't be believed regardless, so what's the point in this thread? Its just become a farce and no longer informative. Enjoy your forum.
First off, you didn't come on here with a positive comment? You came on here alleging a car was being offered for sale in a dangerous condition with a fresh MOT. It doesn't matter where you were buying from, that's a serious matter.

You could'nt really have expected much reassurance of your choice of dealer being a good move, bearing in mind what you were claiming fitted with the general tone of most others experiences of Big?

It doesn't matter if you are buying new or second hand. There is an expectation goods are fit for purpose and a car with duff brakes and tyres is not. If you have negotiated money off or come to some arrangement for it being sorted then all well and good. Maybe you posted up a little too early?

In any case the comments were made in support of you and no different to what most others would make to a friend considering a car from this place. If you've found a good one then great, enjoy it and welcome to the forum.

Don't get too upset with members who express scepticism with this thread, Big have done themselves little favours on the integrity front on this forum
      07-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #953
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Enjoy your forum.
Enjoy your car.
      07-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #954
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Big Motoring World, Big enough to cope, small enough to care.
      07-14-2011, 06:12 AM   #955
edowen
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i, 991 GTS, Cayenne S D

this thread is slipping on google people.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 07:41 AM   #956
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

Quote:
Its not pointless at all. It informs and allows people to be wary when dealing with Big MW - if people are savvy and can spot faults and bargain their way past the alledged bullsh*t and get a good car for a good price - then fine. It appears that they may have their work cut out.

You seem to imply that the point of this thread is somehow to rescue the reputation of Big MW? Why might that be? My personal view is that it seems extremely unlikely that the culture at BigMW has changed, and indeed the faults on your car imply that is the case. Do you really think the bargaining you apparently had to do was acceptable?

It would be interesting to know how much you haggled off BigMW - if it was a decent amount that really covered the cost of brakes/discs - then that would be interesting to know. Of course it maybe hard to know to what extent that was fat in their margin anyway.

Buyer beware. That is all.
      07-20-2011, 05:59 PM   #957
bigbmw
Private
Rep
Drives: many

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ajd View Post
Its not pointless at all. It informs and allows people to be wary when dealing with Big MW - if people are savvy and can spot faults and bargain their way past the alledged bullsh*t and get a good car for a good price - then fine. It appears that they may have their work cut out.

You seem to imply that the point of this thread is somehow to rescue the reputation of Big MW? Why might that be? My personal view is that it seems extremely unlikely that the culture at BigMW has changed, and indeed the faults on your car imply that is the case. Do you really think the bargaining you apparently had to do was acceptable?

It would be interesting to know how much you haggled off BigMW - if it was a decent amount that really covered the cost of brakes/discs - then that would be interesting to know. Of course it maybe hard to know to what extent that was fat in their margin anyway.

Buyer beware. That is all.
dear posters....
big here i have been following this forum since feb and being the owner of this company aswell as another 4, i feel how can this poster possible post these comments when not only does he live in france he never has even brought a car from us, i have addressed and looked at the posts and one thing i have done is given everyone the chance to email me directly, since feb i have had 3 emails reguarding a complaint so out of 1,800 cars i have sold 1 complaint per every 600 bmws sold?????? lets look at the 3.....
1, her discs should be replaced the lady came in we put all new discs and pads on and asked her to have them inspected she then confirmed they were used but 100% legal and road worthy, (so we did nothing wrong) you have to understand these are used cars,
2, a man brought a 8 year old car after 2 months his gear box went, we tried to find another gear box what wasnt easy, we offered this man these opitions
:exchange his car r a new gear box
the man replyed he found a new car and posted how well we indeed looked after him
3, a man brought a 6 year old car and hadnt gone through our workshop of time of purchuse he confirmed we treated him very well confirmed the car he was buying and discribed the car fully to him we believe once again he was treated fair, now we could try as you keep saying and blast the website with the 1,797 good postings and could have over 3,000 postings a year, but this forum is never about the good its about statements that people can not prove to be even true, but 1 thing it is good for if anyone has a complaint and they wish to take it to the top i have given every person a avenue to talk directly to me once again my email... peterbmws@hotmail.co.uk
the people that have made these posts have never wrote to me via email,letter, or phone, why????
we have sold bmws for 20 years and im not saying that mine or any company dont get it right 100% but with the help of this forum i can only try and help im only a working man like many but am always willing to improve the quality of my company, happy motoring to all you bmw owners..........
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #958
bigbmw
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
Enjoy your car.
i hope you enjoy your car to thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #959
bigbmw
Private
Rep

Quote:
i hope your well and your car gives you pleasure if you need to contact me once peterbmws@hotmail.co.uk and thanks again
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 10:37 AM   #960
Daeths
Rep
Drives: x3

I couldnt resist coming back and sneaking a peak at the this thread.

The amazing stories continue, complimented with some very witty responses; resulting in my laptop being covered in tea

Ultimately, it's buyer beware and if it goes tits, you can't say you weren't warned (via this site). If it goes well...then good for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #961
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbmw View Post
dear posters....
big here i have been following this forum since feb and being the owner of this company aswell as another 4, i feel how can this poster possible post these comments when not only does he live in france he never has even brought a car from us, i have addressed and looked at the posts and one thing i have done is given everyone the chance to email me directly, since feb i have had 3 emails reguarding a complaint so out of 1,800 cars i have sold 1 complaint per every 600 bmws sold?????? lets look at the 3.....
1, her discs should be replaced the lady came in we put all new discs and pads on and asked her to have them inspected she then confirmed they were used but 100% legal and road worthy, (so we did nothing wrong) you have to understand these are used cars,
2, a man brought a 8 year old car after 2 months his gear box went, we tried to find another gear box what wasnt easy, we offered this man these opitions
:exchange his car r a new gear box
the man replyed he found a new car and posted how well we indeed looked after him
3, a man brought a 6 year old car and hadnt gone through our workshop of time of purchuse he confirmed we treated him very well confirmed the car he was buying and discribed the car fully to him we believe once again he was treated fair, now we could try as you keep saying and blast the website with the 1,797 good postings and could have over 3,000 postings a year, but this forum is never about the good its about statements that people can not prove to be even true, but 1 thing it is good for if anyone has a complaint and they wish to take it to the top i have given every person a avenue to talk directly to me once again my email... peterbmws@hotmail.co.uk
the people that have made these posts have never wrote to me via email,letter, or phone, why????
we have sold bmws for 20 years and im not saying that mine or any company dont get it right 100% but with the help of this forum i can only try and help im only a working man like many but am always willing to improve the quality of my company, happy motoring to all you bmw owners..........
It's interesting that shangrila has not posted the discount achieved; I'd say this is either because they just got bored and think we are tits, or they are infect a fake poster with Bigmw but don't want to reveal a discount in case they fear everyone will want one. They can't say it's too small, or people will point out it's not enough to cover the cost of brakes, and can't say e.g £800 or every punter will want that much off.

Just a theory
      08-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #962
Brian mc21
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E91 320d M Sport

Can't say if this is true or not but why would he make it up. I contacted a guy with an ad in a local paper about a set of rims he had for sale. Got chatting and he told me he bought his car from Big Motoring World. He said him and the missus travelled over and amongst other things he was unaware of there was some sort of buyers fee on top of what they were asking. He did buy the car but says it was a real shit experience made no better by the missus giving it the I told you so bit. Also said they were a real shifty looking bunch. That was the first time I'd heard of them before joining this forum. Wish I could remember the other things he told me. Doh.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 09:50 AM   #963
Shangrila
Rep

Ha Har! Still here! Still nothing wrong with the car! Probably still not believed!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #964
225_AB
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Reassuring to learn that you are still alive and well as some of us were concerned about your safety with those dodgy brakes.

Do keep posting as it helps to bump the thread to keep it at the top of search engines results
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #965
Shangrila
Rep

Quote:
Reassuring to learn that you are still alive and well as some of us were concerned about your safety with those dodgy brakes.

Do keep posting as it helps to bump the thread to keep it at the top of search engines results
Lol!

Couldn't care less where the thead turns up, been driving around in the car for a month and its been almost faultless. Occassionally I get a warning on the iDrive about low oil pressure and there's a bit of a rattle on cold start but like the salesman said its probably only a piston ring and I can get a new one from Halfords. Apart from that, I've solved the overheating problem and the whining noise from the near side appears to go away when my wife gets out. Bit unhappy about the manual gearbox but they only sell autos on a Friday and I went on a Wednesday. Oh well.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #966
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
the whining noise from the near side appears to go away when my wife gets out
      08-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #967
edowen
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i, 991 GTS, Cayenne S D

Quote:
Lol!

Occassionally I get a warning on the iDrive about low oil pressure and there's a bit of a rattle on cold start but like the salesman said its probably only a piston ring and I can get a new one from Halfords.
WTF?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #968
Brian mc21
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E91 320d M Sport

Just to be on the safe side I'd get one from bmwand get halfords to fit it.
WTF is right.
Appreciate 0