E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > ***Official 757 Thread*** (#2)

02-22-2013, 06:59 AM   #991
335Fresh
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335 e92 & 430xi f32

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeenon53 View Post
Keep me posted. I've gotten everything but the spdaten file. Can you PM me the link for it?
the spdaten files seem to be quite elusive the link we had didnt work out so still on the hunt
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #992
steelersfan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 335i E90 M-Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by giaolong View Post
New set up. Finally got time to take a good picture of it.

Very nice shoes David, nice photography work as well.
      02-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #993
steelersfan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
Steelersfan...

...that's pretty new so i doubt he's messed with that yet.
That's correct, (Thanks Nick). I've been out of the coding game during the winter (hibernating ), so I'm behind the curve, when it comes to the latest goings on in the coding world.

Quote:
Keep me posted. I've gotten everything but the spdaten file. Can you PM me the link for it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335Fresh View Post
the spdaten files seem to be quite elusive the link we had didnt work out so still on the hunt
I have not read the thread just yet, so this question may reek of the superiorly uninformed, but does this "Alpina software flash" require a special "spdaten" file"?, or is other software in additional to the normally used E89 spdaten" file?
      02-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #994
335Fresh
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan View Post
That's correct, (Thanks Nick). I've been out of the coding game during the winter (hibernating ), so I'm behind the curve, when it comes to the latest goings on in the coding world.

I have not read the thread just yet, so this question may reek of the superiorly uninformed, but does this "Alpina software flash" require a special "spdaten" file"?, or is other software in additional to the normally used E89 spdaten" file?
you must have spdaten 48.1 for e89....if you end up doing it please let me know ive been searching for someone to help me out w/this
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #995
giaolong
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi, Genesis, IS300

Im also interested in this Alpina Flash TCU for my Trans too but if anyone know this works on an XI? Look around but i cant find anything about it?

@Steeler, down for doing this for my car? I will be the test dummy haha
      02-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #996
steelersfan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335Fresh View Post
you must have spdaten 48.1 for e89....if you end up doing it please let me know ive been searching for someone to help me out w/this
Quote:
Originally Posted by giaolong View Post
Im also interested in this Alpina Flash TCU for my Trans too but if anyone know this works on an XI? Look around but i cant find anything about it?

@Steeler, down for doing this for my car? I will be the test dummy haha
Good news: I have v.48.1 spdaten files (both the full verison and a lite version), although I haven't had the time to unarchive, validate and test them out. Looks like all the unarchived files thrown into a directory is approx 4.4gigs which should fit on a DVD.
Bad news: As I PM'd "zeenon53" when he initially asked, I honestly don't have the time to do coding right now. I'm in the middle of a renovation at home, (that at the rate I'm going will take the remainder of the winter to complete ). Right now it takes all of the spare time I have. Since this is something brand spanking new, it requires extensive research on my part before I would even consider attempt coding someone else's car. Call me paranoid, but "to date" I haven't coded anything on anyone else's ride that I haven't tried and succeeded to code on my own first (sans disabling the seat belt bulter on an E92, I have an E90). But since I have "no" desire to code this new functionality on my car, when I do get some time (if you guys still haven't found anyone else by then) someone is going to have to be the "guinea pig", and I you best believe before I attempt that coding, I'll hopefully know to the best of my abilities, all the ramifications, gotcha's and backout plans (that's just how I roll).
      02-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #997
giaolong
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi, Genesis, IS300

Well damn, lol. Just let me know when u got some time on ur side man, i dont mind being a guinea pig....

And maybe its time for me to look into doing this myself...too
      02-26-2013, 12:31 AM   #998
qubansailor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Hey guys, its been awhile hope everyone is doing well. I'm actually only back in town for a few days but just wanted to say whats up. Moving out to Jacksonville soon and looking at putting on some RB turbos as well

Question: Those with aftermarket clutches, how long did they last you? My CM stage 3 is already slipping after 13 months. I never launched it or anything stupid other than go really fast, lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #999
zeenon53
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Good news: I have v.48.1 spdaten files (both the full verison and a lite version), although I haven't had the time to unarchive, validate and test them out. Looks like all the unarchived files thrown into a directory is approx 4.4gigs which should fit on a DVD.
Bad news: As I PM'd "zeenon53" when he initially asked, I honestly don't have the time to do coding right now. I'm in the middle of a renovation at home, (that at the rate I'm going will take the remainder of the winter to complete ). Right now it takes all of the spare time I have. Since this is something brand spanking new, it requires extensive research on my part before I would even consider attempt coding someone else's car. Call me paranoid, but "to date" I haven't coded anything on anyone else's ride that I haven't tried and succeeded to code on my own first (sans disabling the seat belt bulter on an E92, I have an E90). But since I have "no" desire to code this new functionality on my car, when I do get some time (if you guys still haven't found anyone else by then) someone is going to have to be the "guinea pig", and I you best believe before I attempt that coding, I'll hopefully know to the best of my abilities, all the ramifications, gotcha's and backout plans (that's just how I roll).

Apparently there are incomplete versions of the spdaten 48.1 out there. I'm looking into having it done remotely right now. Do you have an AT car?
      02-27-2013, 12:21 AM   #1000
Impulsed7
Fu Fu...
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36's slow ones...

Quote:
Originally Posted by qubansailor View Post
Hey guys, its been awhile hope everyone is doing well. I'm actually only back in town for a few days but just wanted to say whats up. Moving out to Jacksonville soon and looking at putting on some RB turbos as well

Question: Those with aftermarket clutches, how long did they last you? My CM stage 3 is already slipping after 13 months. I never launched it or anything stupid other than go really fast, lol.
maybe you ride it and don't know it? something in your driving style? or just could be defective...
      02-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #1001
steelersfan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Apparently there are incomplete versions of the spdaten 48.1 out there. I'm looking into having it done remotely right now. Do you have an AT car?
Are you going with one of the popularly named guys advertising remote coding services via e90post? I would be keenly interested in knowing how long it takes to get the actual coding done, once the remote session is setup. Yes I do have an AT. I have a distinct feeling you're going to say this is for MT's only. Guess I need to take the time and
      02-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #1002
335Fresh
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Are you going with one of the popularly named guys advertising remote coding services via e90post? I would be keenly interested in knowing how long it takes to get the actual coding done, once the remote session is setup. Yes I do have an AT. I have a distinct feeling you're going to say this is for MT's only. Guess I need to take the time and
its for AT cars...ive had some remote coding done and it took about 35 mins to do the coding
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #1003
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:

yeah it could be that you are riding it...i rode in a couple peoples cars that drive manuals and told me theyve been driving manuals for decades and even they ride clutches a little.

plus heard a lot of crap about cm anyway...should have went spec stg 2+ or 3+.

anyhow if you dont do launches or drive hard and arent going to upgrade turbos why would you get anything different than stock? its going to last you the longest and feel the best probably.
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #1004
qubansailor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleex024 View Post
yeah it could be that you are riding it...i rode in a couple peoples cars that drive manuals and told me theyve been driving manuals for decades and even they ride clutches a little.

plus heard a lot of crap about cm anyway...should have went spec stg 2+ or 3+.

anyhow if you dont do launches or drive hard and arent going to upgrade turbos why would you get anything different than stock? its going to last you the longest and feel the best probably.
If anything I think it would be from riding first because I let it inch forward to get the smoothest transition. Not really sure. Never really had someone evaluate my driving, would definitely love someone to do so now just to make sure though. All other shifting should be pretty easy on the tranny.
My stock clutch was pretty gone when I changed it and I was putting down a little over 400whp at the time.
I'm actually looking at Vargas turbos now their going for a pretty good price. So with close to 500tq I would think an upgraded clutch would be best. Definitely looking at the SPEC stg2-3 for the next one.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #1005
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
If anything I think it would be from riding first because I let it inch forward to get the smoothest transition. Not really sure. Never really had someone evaluate my driving, would definitely love someone to do so now just to make sure though. All other shifting should be pretty easy on the tranny.
My stock clutch was pretty gone when I changed it and I was putting down a little over 400whp at the time.
I'm actually looking at Vargas turbos now their going for a pretty good price. So with close to 500tq I would think an upgraded clutch would be best. Definitely looking at the SPEC stg2-3 for the next one.
Well if you want some to evaluate your driving you are gonna need to know someone in fl no? If you haven't moved down there yet let me know and I could meet up with you some time today....otherwise Im busy til Wednesday lol
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #1006
snowman81
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Anyone know where I can get a copy of 32 bit XP? I only have a 64 bit version and I'm fairly certain that coding will not work with a 64 bit version. Any other operating system that I can use to code.
      02-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #1007
steelersfan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman81 View Post
Anyone know where I can get a copy of 32 bit XP? I only have a 64 bit version and I'm fairly certain that coding will not work with a 64 bit version. Any other operating system that I can use to code.
I believe the 32 bit version of Windows 7 will work as well, as long as you download the separate "XP Mode" executable, that gives you WinXP compatibility mode in Windows 7. I have a copy of Windows XP floating around here somewhere, but I can't readily put my hands on it at the moment. Of course it was in the room I currently have torned apart, getting ready to install hardwood flooring in. . I'll search through that mess and see if it I get lucky.
      02-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #1008
qubansailor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleex024 View Post
Well if you want some to evaluate your driving you are gonna need to know someone in fl no? If you haven't moved down there yet let me know and I could meet up with you some time today....otherwise Im busy til Wednesday lol
Thanks for the offer but I just left today
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 02:17 AM   #1009
Impulsed7
Fu Fu...
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36's slow ones...

You can also wire in a light (like a shift light) into your clutch switch. Lots of amputees do this (I see it a bit with the military guys) to let them know because they can't feel the prosthetic. Racers will occasionally do it as well because your leg can cramp up in some long transition areas of the track.

Thats if you are really worried about it. Like I said earlier it could be mechanical, or even something we havent thought of. Do you still have the CDV?

Side note, AIK, Noon, Friday (tomorrow)
      03-01-2013, 05:35 AM   #1010
snowman81
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
I believe the 32 bit version of Windows 7 will work as well, as long as you download the separate "XP Mode" executable, that gives you WinXP compatibility mode in Windows 7. I have a copy of Windows XP floating around here somewhere, but I can't readily put my hands on it at the moment. Of course it was in the room I currently have torned apart, getting ready to install hardwood flooring in. . I'll search through that mess and see if it I get lucky.
Thanks man, don't spend much time looking for it. I may be able to get it from someone else too. Good luck with the hardwood floors. We did 5/8" Bamboo Strand Bamboo in our kitchen and dining room but I had to glue it down because it was on the first floor and we have a slab. That can get a little messy. Have fun!
      03-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #1011
Metro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 ///M3

Anyone headed to the cars and coffee tomorrow morning at the Promenade on Laskin? 1st saturday of the month right?
      03-01-2013, 10:25 PM   #1012
muzzammil15
Slurpee anyone?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 White 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro View Post
Anyone headed to the cars and coffee tomorrow morning at the Promenade on Laskin? 1st saturday of the month right?
I would go to the one in VA beach, but work owns me.

Appreciate 0