E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Navigation questions

01-22-2007, 01:21 PM   #23
Lassaxi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: April ED - E90 328xi

Interesting. My Garmin is a little hit-or-miss when it comes to understanding the difference between an exit and an interchange, but the map is detailed enough that I can take a quick look and see what it means. Of course, part of the problem is that here in MA we have the dreaded rotary, which gets it flustered sometimes becuase it's neither an interchange nor an exit.

Does the BMW nav have good text-to-speech functionality? In other words, will it say "In 400 feet, turn left onto Main Street" or will it just say "Turn Left in 400 feet." I find that text-to-speech is the feature I like most on my Garmin.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2007, 09:04 AM   #24
shipill
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Macan S

I didnt get navigation , for 3 reason :
1- in canada we should pay 2900 $ ca , increase 60 $ monthly lease , and idrive doesnt work here .
2- I really dont like the place of navigation in 3 series !!!
3- must people here getting their car without navigation , so If you want a car With navigation you have to order and wait for 3 months !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0