E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > I'm a happy NoVA buyer... Smooth ED with Joern Esser @ Passport BMW...

10-12-2007, 03:08 PM   #1
Dude in VA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Old old car...

Thumbs up I'm a happy NoVA buyer... Smooth ED with Joern Esser @ Passport BMW...

We just got our new 328i Convertible back from the dealership after a smooth ED process. It is our first BMW, and our first convertible, and we are completely in love with the car.

After quite a bit of research on this and other message boards, we found the name of Joern Esser @ Passport BMW (MD). Joern quoted us $1500 over invoice, which we found to be a very reasonable price.

I can honestly say that this has been the easiest and most enjoyable car purchase I have made. I can wholeheartedly recommend Joern (and the ED option).

(I wish I knew how to post a pic on here... but oh well, ours is a E93 328i TiAg / Coral / Gray Poplar.)

Dude
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #2
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

1500 over invoice is not the best deal out there..
      10-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #3
RodB
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i Convertible and Coupe

Hey Dude, from one vert owner to another, glad you enjoyed the ED delivery and your car. We do like pics around these here parts. It's pretty easy to upload them from your computer. Just export from your camera software to your pictures folder, and usually export features allow you to resize them so they're not over 150 kb. Then just use the attach (look's like a paperclip) on your post and browse on over to your pictures folder, doulble click the file and voila, pics uploaded. Remember to make sure the pic size doesn't exceed the size limitation, hence the recommendation to export and resize when you export. It's not difficult once you get the hang of it.
      10-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #4
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Passport was excellent for me. They go out of their way to treat e90post-ers well. That's huge, in my book. As you probably know, in a week, they'll be hosting 120+ of us at the annual fall e90post and NCC BMW CCA Mid-Atlantic meet.

Glad you had a smooth transaction, and congrats on the car!
      10-12-2007, 06:20 PM   #5
Dude in VA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Old old car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodB View Post
Then just use the attach (look's like a paperclip) on your post and browse on over to your pictures folder, doulble click the file and voila, pics uploaded.
Don't see the paper clip, but found the "+" button! Let's try that... I see it in the "Attach Files", I hope it shows up all right in the post. Thanks for the tip.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 05:13 PM   #6
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Axe Murderer with headlights

I got my 335xi coupe (AW/CR) from Sterling BMW for 1500 over invoice. They threw in free ipod and BMW mats so it comes out a bit less than that.

FCUK fairfax BMW...they are A$$holes...I originally was working with them on a Friday night. I got there late around 715PM and they closed at 8. So anyways, we test drive, talk about hte car and options and start to negotiate. We get to $1500 over invoice and since it was now past 8PM we both decided I would return the next morning to finish paperwork and leave deposit (also gave me 1 nite to sleep on it).

Very next morning asst mgr calls to make sure im coming in and tells me he'll still honor the previous nights deal. An hour later I show up and they totally ignore me....'Hmm..OK..' I thought. So i wait around for about 30 min while my salesman the asst mgr and GM are in the office laughing and stuff. He approaches and says ok so lets work out the papers. I said OK and we proceed to build the same car as last night. As we speak of price he says...let me see what we had. He leaves, goes into the GM's office laughs and walks back out...WTF?!?

He comes and says...sorry, today the best we can do is $2250 over invoice...its the end of the month (October) we have to order this car and it wont count for this months sale since its not on the lot. If you like, we'll give you one on the lot for a much better deal? I was like dude WTF, that was never an option from the beginning...I had told you I wanted AW w/ CR interior but you had NONE. So then he leaves and goes back to GMs office.

This time they chat for a while, laugh then after 15 more min comes back. So then he says, look the lowest we'll do is 1800 over invoice. I was like WTF?!?! Are you joking w/ me?? Am I dreaming?? You just called me an hour ago...you told me to come in and EVEN said you'd honor the deal?!? Why are you wasting my time?? I will not sign for anything less than what we agreed on yesterday.

So he says 'Im sorry'. I was shocked...I couldnt move...it was a Saturday and I had delayed work (4 hrs) to finish up paper work and the dealer is like 40 min away from me and out of the way. So I get up, walk away and grumble 'fcukin bullshit' under my breath but the couple sitting nearby was aware of what was going on and looked concerned.

I get out, pull out and drive off. About 5 min later the sales guy calls me 'Come back, the manager says he'll do it..' I was FUMED!!! WTF are you guys playing games w/ me?!?! I was like...OK I'll turn around. I never did

Best thing I ever did. Once my car comes in I will drive to Fairfax BMW and flick off the ppl who fcuked w/ me that day...
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 05:26 PM   #7
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude in VA View Post
Don't see the paper clip, but found the "+" button! Let's try that... I see it in the "Attach Files", I hope it shows up all right in the post. Thanks for the tip.

And to pdjafari - you did the right thing in getting out of there.