E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > xHP Flashtool - Flash your automatic trans! Official thread

Yesterday, 05:42 AM   #1673
RBT-Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Austria
Rep

Drives: 325d N57 / 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac0908 View Post
Exactly what i was saying before....so thats a hand full of us who have noticed this. Ill do a video sometime this week. Its really annoying.

Also, for those of you who are tuned. I talked to my tunner trebila. I told him i was having hard shifts sometimes with my xhp. He then sent me another flash where he set the calculated torque values. Hard shift are gone so far.
Our tunes are designed and tested with MHD OTS Maps. If you are running a custom tune, this of course has effects on the transmission. Not specific to xHP, thats just the way it is in a situation, where transmission and engine constantly exchange data to work together.

In fact, a lot of problems we get reported (not here, but also through direct customer support) are actually found somewhere else. If the shiftpoints are off, it's normally a custom throttle mapping. If the trans shifts hard, it's usually a "false" torque mapping. If the shifts are flared in M mode it's usually JB4 or other aftermarket stuff making power, without the ECU noticing it, so it's reporting too low torque values.

In general: If you want a perfect behaving auto trans, tuning has to be done the right way through the stock ECU. If you tune with piggy-back stuff, it will behave different, then it was intended from the manufacturer or from our side.

Regarding the S mode "problem": The shift occurs at 122 km/h which is 75.46 mph. This is of course real speed on CAN Bus and not the value on the dash, where safety offsets are added. Also running different tire sizes will alter this speed. 6th gear will hold on til around 30% throttle, before the trans will downshift to 5h. If there are people wanting an "S" mode with D mode shiftpoints, please apply for a custom map. Again: If you are running a custom throttle mapping, the point on the pedal where the trans downshifts will change.

Last edited by RBT-Tuning; Yesterday at 08:58 AM.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:22 PM   #1674
shanker604
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

I see that the v1.6 is out for the pre 03/2007 cars

i will report back in a day once i see if the surging issues is solved...

thanks XHP for the support and for listening to us !!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:44 PM   #1675
joeinsd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Stock 2010 e92 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac0908 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBT-Tuning View Post
The downshift points on coasting are stock. Please show a video what your issue is. Seems to be related to your specific setup.
Exactly what i was saying before....so thats a hand full of us who have noticed this. Ill do a video sometime this week. Its really annoying.

Also, for those of you who are tuned. I talked to my tunner trebila. I told him i was having hard shifts sometimes with my xhp. He then sent me another flash where he set the calculated torque values. Hard shift are gone so far.
Good to know. I?ll have to talk to David soon. I?m getting hard shifts 3-4 if I?m light on the throttle in S or M modes.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:46 PM   #1676
shanker604
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

quick question for XHP... pre 03/2007 335i are stage 1 and 2 updated ?? i only got stage 3 and since theres still lurching i was thinking of maybe switching to stage 2 but i see it is still on V0.9

are the other stages going to get same updates soon ?? and would the throttle blips / lurching be less noticeable in stage 2 ?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:03 PM   #1677
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

Anyone have a Cobb tuned car running this flash?
Since the maps are tested the OTS MHD, I'm curious about the flash interacts with Cobb maps.
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters, Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex EC7-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1 & Galaxy Tab\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\Resonator Removed and -> is your friend.
Appreciate 0