E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > CPO strikes out!! TFRO.

01-23-2013, 10:10 PM   #23
07lilredwagon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 328 wagon

Follow up on this:

I did some more research on this part and the more I read, the more guys are able to grease and re lubricate the parts of the wiper arm, shaft and bearing and all is well again.

cost: 4.99 for WD 40, 6.99 for some mulit grease....(whole tub for future use) and about 1 hour of your time.

Side note, I was able to fix my auto fold mirrors the same way when they went haywire......used the same tub of grease, too!

JP
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #24
BmerMeUp
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cinderella: 2008 E91 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmerMeUp View Post
It does cover a fair bit North of 60...but seems.. still not enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksl View Post
North of 60? I doubt there are any BMW dealers that far north.
Haha. Tru dat, I'm an idiot. North of 49.
Never liked that other show anyway.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #25
BmerMeUp
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07lilredwagon View Post
Follow up on this:

I did some more research on this part and the more I read, the more guys are able to grease and re lubricate the parts of the wiper arm, shaft and bearing and all is well again.

cost: 4.99 for WD 40, 6.99 for some mulit grease....(whole tub for future use) and about 1 hour of your time.

Side note, I was able to fix my auto fold mirrors the same way when they went haywire......used the same tub of grease, too!

JP
I am confident your findings are accurate - I challenged the Stealership on the bill and my initial findings (courtesy of this thread and described above) and picked up the car today. They told me they "did" try to get it to release(surrrre they did) but had to replace it instead (of course.) They said they "Helped me out," (instead of "helping themselves" I guess?) and reduced the bill from $499 as quoted to $395. Still Totally F-in Ridiculous. I noticed the part is $130 (instead of $70) and they charged me TWO HOURS of labour, which is similarly BullSheit as the first hour should be part of the repair once I agree to it.

Whatever. Lesson learned. I fell for it, they fuct me, now I know not to bend over in front of them. Next time, I will be FAR more carful.
gosh darn it.

haha - I just noticed I wrote "carful" instead of "careful".
thought it was funnier, wrong, so I left it.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #26
07lilredwagon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 328 wagon

Quote:
I am confident your findings are accurate - I challenged the Stealership on the bill and my initial findings (courtesy of this thread and described above) and picked up the car today. They told me they "did" try to get it to release(surrrre they did) but had to replace it instead (of course.) They said they "Helped me out," (instead of "helping themselves" I guess?) and reduced the bill from $499 as quoted to $395. Still Totally F-in Ridiculous. I noticed the part is $130 (instead of $70) and they charged me TWO HOURS of labour, which is similarly BullSheit as the first hour should be part of the repair once I agree to it.

Whatever. Lesson learned. I fell for it, they fuct me, now I know not to bend over in front of them. Next time, I will be FAR more carful.
gosh darn it.

Know what?...you did good!...all things considered...though still high, that price is not too terribly outrageous...and you made them a bit more honest because you told them you were on to them overcharging you.....whenever someone drops their price by 100.00, something is wrong!....

well done!

JP
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #27
Just a 3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i prem sport perf pkge

Quote:

gosh darn it.

Lesson learnt. Remember, fuct me once, shame on you; fuct me twice, shame on me
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #28
BmerMeUp
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07lilredwagon View Post
Know what?...you did good!...all things considered...though still high, that price is not too terribly outrageous...and you made them a bit more honest because you told them you were on to them overcharging you.....whenever someone drops their price by 100.00, something is wrong!....

well done!

JP
Ha - thanks, strangely, feeling like I got screwed a little less than I thought makes me feel a little better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a 3 View Post
Lesson learnt. Remember, fuct me once, shame on you; fuct me twice, shame on me
Ha. In college, twice meant you were in a relationship.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 12:22 AM   #29
marine24
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Garage List
Quote:
True, and True. This is my first repair and wanted to see how it went. So far.. not so f'in great.

Question to the group: how would I know if they actually do swap out the motor, but charge me for some BS linkage to save them a CPO repair?
Of course..this would never happen..that would be wrong.. I'm just curious.
ask for them to keep the parts they replace for you to see. That way they have to show you the parts they actually replaced. Of course that wouldn't stop a shady shop from just showing you a part they had just lying around. Not sure about your state but shops used to be required to give you the old parts upon request; unless they were a core part
Appreciate 0