E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Who has taken a trip to South Korea recently?

09-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
dasReaper
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 128i Black/Black

Who has taken a trip to South Korea recently?

For those of you who have taken a trip to South Korea recently how much money do you recommend setting aside for a week long trip?
What's a reasonable average price on food, hotel, getting around, ect?
Where do you recommend going while there?
      09-08-2011, 01:14 AM   #2
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

If you are white you will quickly see how white people are discriminated against in Korea. You will notice that not all cabs will stop for you while other locals easily pick up a cab. Many also do not speak English. If you are Asian you will be fine.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 06:14 AM   #3
ErvGotti
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
Depends on what you plan on doing and where your staying. In Seoul I've found some decent hotels for around $70-80 a night. Alot of the food and drinks there too are gonna be reasonably priced. Now if your staying in the country side of things it's gonna be alot cheaper.

As for the comment of the locals not speaking english this is true, but I've never felt discriminated against while I was there, no problems with cabs, bars, or restaurants. Just dont be a jackass and you'll be fine, take the time to learn some basic words.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 07:02 AM   #4
dasReaper
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 128i Black/Black

Yeah, my gf's mom is from South Korea so I know some basic stuff and she can speak decent korean. Part of the reason I want to go is because her mom is always watching the korean channels and it looks like a really fun interesting place.