E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > BMWCCA

06-27-2007, 06:28 PM   #89
SpongeBob2
Rep
Drives: E46 330 CiC

Green Turtle - July 12 - 7PM

All - the time is posted in NCCBMWCCA Calendar - but it did not get on the hot page.

See you there!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 06:39 PM   #90
Biggins
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1995 318i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfart View Post
that already will pay for the mbrship fee for new car owners buying accesories. worth it
There are other little things like if you have your membership card on you at an international auto show (a real one like Paris, Geneva), you can get into the owners/preferred area to get a ton of cool, free stuff.

The membership is what you make of it... some people join for the parts discounts, rebates, etc. I joined to learn more about our cars, to meet fellow Bimmerheads, and to attend events... I now make it a priority to make every autox, to help with each Street Survival teen driving clinic, to attend BMWCCA club races in our area, to attend all the social events I can, and to lend a helping hand to other members when I get the chance.

I don't own an E90 or even an E46 for that matter, but I make sure I get the most out of my membership... Though SCCA may have more features in their membership package, I always feel like it's an obligation to renew my BMWCCA membership.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2007, 08:38 PM   #91
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeBob2 View Post
All - the time is posted in NCCBMWCCA Calendar - but it did not get on the hot page.

See you there!!!!

I'll try to make it there Bob! ..... for I've got alot to BMWCCA stuff to learn from you, so we can get things done for our cause
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2007, 09:41 PM   #92
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeBob2 View Post
1. Take part in some of our NCCBMWCCA events. Such as:

August 11 - Summer tour to Gettysburg

EVERY second Thursday evening at the Green Turtle in Columbia -eat and talk about stuff...Not just our cars

2. Or - all the other NCCBMW stuff that I usually do not attend - driver training, auto X...DIY....

It is hard to NOT find something in NCCBMWCCA stuff that you will enjoy.
yeah! there are alot of things to attend that are interesting, like The Street Survival School

I just like to post the Street Survival crse review and photos my teens attended last June and for those who like to attend the Survival School coming up, well heres the link

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/index.php?id=171,931,0,0,1,0
Attached Images

Last edited by ase2dais; 07-01-2007 at 08:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2007, 09:51 PM   #93
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep

Garage List
This is the best $65 dollars spent so far for each driver to have a whole 8 hr of highspeed emergency manuevers that you can never have a chance of doing/practicing in real street. Lunch Included! FTW

here they start the teen drivers day by checking registration...
and also a classroom training before each session driving practice and application.
... the classroom was a cafeteria so food was readily available.. now how can you loose
.... you're already ahead right there
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2007, 09:57 PM   #94
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep

Garage List
each car tire pressure was checked by School Instructors, No RunFlat Tires here! Also, all loose items remove inside the cabin as a safety measure just incase you loose cabin Pressure while driving
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2007, 10:03 PM   #95
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep

Garage List
here's all the eager beavers during the first time-trials... yes would would say in their minds they are qualifying..... stay out of their way
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2007, 10:13 PM   #96
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep

Garage List
well this is the point I had to let go of my cherished track-virgin e90

.... in the hand of a young enthusiastic instructor, who earlier shouted out "Any BMWs here" when they where picking their prey!

yup! I unknowingly volunteered mine w/c btw made it in next month's NCC magazine

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2007, 10:16 PM   #97
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep

Garage List
the e90 smoked a timid Audi A4 btw

..... and the rest of the day follows.

two for the Street Survival Driving class. heres the official synopsis btw.

The goals of the Street Survival program are to teach students some of the basics of car control, to enhance their enjoyment of driving and to improve their competence as drivers. We want the students to understand how their actions govern a car's responses, and as a result to become safer, more effective drivers on the road.

The students will become more observant of the traffic situation they find themselves in. They will learn to look far enough ahead to anticipate unwise actions of other drivers. As the students master the application of physics to drive their cars, they will make fewer unwise driving actions themselves. They will understand why they should always wear their own seatbelts, and why they should insist that their passengers wear seatbelts, too.

Students will learn how to properly use their own cars based on the physics of car control. They will learn how their cars feel and sound just before and as they exceed the limits of tire adhesion in a controlled situation, helping them to avoid accidents in actual everyday driving situations where they might experience problems.

During the event, students will maneuver their cars through exercises laid out using orange traffic safety cones in a closed parking lot. They will experience each exercise element several times, in order to learn from their mistakes and to improve their skills. A trained driving coach will accompany each driver to provide real-time feedback while performing maneuvers. There is no stopwatch, nor head-to-head competition with other cars. The students are here to improve their skills, not to compare themselves with someone else.

The exercise elements are laid out in advance by the event chairman and are designed to be fun, safe, challenging and educational. Each element will teach the students a specific skill or group of skills.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2007, 03:33 PM   #98
1996 328ti
Private
Rep
Drives: 1996 328ti

Autoweek did a piece on Street Survival.
This one was held by the National Capital Chapter.
BMW CCA #146825
www.bmwcca.org
www.318ti.org
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 07:51 AM   #99
PocketRocket
I smile because I dont know whats going on :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
Autoweek did a piece on Street Survival.
This one was held by the National Capital Chapter.
Do you have to be a teenager for this crse? seems like an inexpensive way to have a full days for driving fun, lunch too!

kinda weird if I enrolled and the only 20's guy there

Is there any other CCA DE crse out there without going into hardcore racing/track training?

What is the Highway crse I heard you guys offer? cost? any link?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 09:20 AM   #100
Biggins
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1995 318i

That's me in the adidas jacket in the photo below...

During that school, I was in the silver Infiniti in the morning and in the Volvo wagon in the afternoon. It's a lot of fun to see how scared the youngsters do in the morning and how they don't want to get out of their cars in the afternoon.

Everyone seemed to sum up the program pretty well, but I think our age cutoff is ~16-21 years old for Street Survival. If your older than that, we have an autocross school usually in April and the Highway safety school in May at Summit Point. If you come to any autocross, there are always people around willing to help.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 10:29 AM   #101
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep

Garage List
wow! small world.... thks for the DE headsup that are coming
.... yeah I agree if there wasnt any age limit I would have grab me one of those reservations

but Im finally may just go to PDC this sept and trash the center's car instead of mine this Sept
Appreciate 0