E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > UF110 Ghost

02-05-2015, 06:53 PM   #1
Donfire
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

UF110 Ghost

Okay so this is my first post as I have been lurking on this site since purchasing my 08 328i. One of the first things that caught my eye was the beauty of the BAV Audio System speakers/amp/sub. After a lot of research about their products on here, I decided to pull the trigger and purchase the stage one E90 Hifi and the uf110 Ghoust Subwoofer System.

Well, it all arrived today and I was a little upset that the sub enclosure was different from the ones I seen on E90 and BAV website. I was told that production changed over the years. The customer service rep was extremely nice and offer full return or a 10% discount. I know that this sub will be covered in the trunk but Im not impressed with the foam board enclosure material that feels cheap IMO. In addition, the amp was not badged with BAV Audio, it is an ARC amp. I was assured that the sound quality would be the same, but I figure that I am paying for the name right.

I am being too anal?????? Not sure if I will return or take the discount. I am not trying to bad mouth BAV, as I said they were extremely willing to fix the situation.

I haven't had the chance to install the stage one speakers but all of the components look top notch and cant wait to hear them in the car.

Just trying to get some input.

Last edited by Donfire; 02-05-2015 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: added pics
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 07:17 PM   #2
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

I wouldn't worry much about the finish on the amp enclosure... hook it up and see how it sounds. I believe the BAV speakers are made by Rainbow and the Arc amp is a great amp company.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 07:25 PM   #3
Donfire
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgatti View Post
I wouldn't worry much about the finish on the amp enclosure... hook it up and see how it sounds. I believe the BAV speakers are made by Rainbow and the Arc amp is a great amp company.

Thanks, I will install the stage one first and go from there, maybe it will give me enough of a difference. I just really like the professional finish look of the original enclosure.
Appreciate 0