E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Questions on my sws-8xi & JL 600/6

06-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #1
Volktronic
Rep
Drives: E93

Questions on my sws-8xi & JL 600/6

I installed 2 sws-8xi, BSW fronts, and JL 600/6 to power everything. So far, so good thanks to Technic and others here, but I have a couple questions...

1. How important is it to completely seal the sws-8xi's under the seats? Do I need some sort of rubber gasket?

2. What frequency for the LP filter gives the best sound quality for the sws-8xi? What is their capable range?

3. Since the sws-8xi are 2ohm, it's not possible to bridge them with channels 3,4,5 & 6 is this correct?

An interesting note...I had the amp set to 4 Ch. input mode, but when I sent most of my sound to the front on channels 1 & 2 via the head unit, it significantly reduced the bass from the subs on channels 5 & 6. Any ideas why?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0