E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Advan performance, "Nashin BBK" April promo

04-12-2013, 03:08 AM   #23
JJH
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT; SG E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDriveSlo View Post
...... to keep a factory sleeper performance look and that would be it.
It would be pretty darned hard to carry off a 'sleeper' look if you had those humongous 380mm discs up front - logo or no logo!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #24
iDriveSlo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe M-Sport Lemans blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH_335 View Post
It would be pretty darned hard to carry off a 'sleeper' look if you had those humongous 380mm discs up front - logo or no logo!!!
I would do 355 front 345 rear, being required to run a 19 sucks and I would never want to track on a 19 anyway. At that point bbk's are only for show.
      04-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #25
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFKN3 View Post
Thanks JD,

Could you dig up a template by any chance please?

Skidz, these are an 18" race wheel designed to clear stoptech 380's
Hey mate,

I am still waiting for Nashin to email me the 380/N7 template.

Irene my contact at Nashin is normally extremely prompt in answering any and all questions, but the Taipei trade show is obviously keeping her very busy.

Hopefully I will have it for you early next week, but I am doubtful about fitment as the N7 is quite a large caliper.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #26
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I was suggesting it simply because I don't personally like non EOM logos on the car period. Whether it be brembo, nashin, stoptech etc... If anything I would add M logos to the calipers to keep a factory sleeper performance look and that would be it.
That's cool and I can appreciate your viewpoint.

I am fairly certain we at Advan we sell more of these BBKs to the BMW drivers, if we could dispense with the Nashin logo altogether.

But you have to remember Nashin have developed a very good name in the Asian motorsport arena, where as other Taiwanese and dare I say Chinese manufactures have only succeeded in producing a garbage product that looks good, but that is where it ends.

As such when we start talking about altering logos and the like, they are like wtf!

"We are Nashin, not K-Sport, why do you not want to use our name on the caliper?"

Like I said I would LOVE to be able to say to a potential customer, no logo, no problem!

But as it stands right now I cannot and if we push Nashin too hard too soon on a logo delete, they may say to us no logo, no product!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post
Where are the new versions that mask the logo?
Mate the best we can do right now is supply a N-Series caliper with a "non-machined" logo, as per the pic below.

But the next time I am on Skype chatting to Irene I will delicately broach the subject of a logo delete on the N-Series caliper, but I suspect she will choke on her Tofu and congee.
Attached Images

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 04-12-2013 at 11:07 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #27
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I would do 355 front 345 rear, being required to run a 19 sucks and I would never want to track on a 19 anyway. At that point bbk's are only for show.
I am aware of the benefits of running a 18" wheel on the track, as 19's are more for bling than anything else and best left for street use.

With a suitable 18" wheel I am fairly certain you could run a 370 x 32 mm/N5 (6 piston) caliper on the Front, with a 355 x 32 mm rotor and the same N5 caliper on the Rear.

The above kit would still provide be a very impressive improvement in brake torque and sustained "hot lap" reliability, over the OEM 335i brake system.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 04-12-2013 at 11:23 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 06:31 AM   #28
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@ADVAN Performance View Post
I am fairly certain we at Advan we sell more of these BBKs to the BMW drivers, if we could dispense with the Nashin logo altogether.

But you have to remember Nashin have developed a very good name in the Asian motorsport arena, where as other Taiwanese and dare I say Chinese manufactures have only succeeded in producing a garbage product that looks good, but that is where it ends.

As such when we start talking about altering logos and the like, they are like wtf!

"We are Nashin, not K-Sport, why do you not want to use our name on the caliper?"

Like I said I would LOVE to be able to say to a potential customer, no logo, no problem!

But as it stands right now I cannot and if we push Nashin too hard too soon on a logo delete, they may say to us no logo, no product!

Mate the best we can do right now is supply a N-Series caliper with a "non-machined" logo, as per the pic below.

But the next time I am on Skype chatting to Irene I will delicately broach the subject of a logo delete on the N-Series caliper, but I suspect she will choke on her Tofu and congee.
I commenced my career as a cnc machinist many years ago, you could easily mill the logo off leaving a nice flush flat machined finish and then mount a logo on them such as a bmw decal to keep it looking factory.

Any machine shop could do this kinda work for a small fee ($50-100) for anyone interested in these nashin bbk's but dont like the nashin logo
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #29
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFKN3 View Post
Thanks JD,

Could you dig up a template by any chance please?
Hey mate,

I apologise for the delay in getting hold of the caliper template, but here you go!

Cheers,

JD.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf N7 380-34-54 (E92 M3).pdf (300.4 KB, 127 views)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 03:49 AM   #30
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

I think I get it. I will try match it up on my track wheels soon
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 06:19 AM   #31
MLOREY
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92

Is there any way I can just put the front and back calipers on, without changing the whole system, I want to paint my calipers lime green but the small back ones on the m3 would look stupid...

/noobquestion
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #32
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLOREY View Post
Is there any way I can just put the front and back calipers on, without changing the whole system, I want to paint my calipers lime green but the small back ones on the m3 would look stupid...

/noobquestion
Unfortunately no, as I have investigated this option before and the M3 OEM F & R rotor thickness, is not compatible with either of the Nashin N-Series or G-Series calipers.

What's more Nashin will not warranty their caliper if used in conjunction with a non-Nashin rotor assembly or brake pad.

When purchasing a complete Nashin BBK be it (Front & Rear) or (Front only), Advan/Nashin offer a 5 year warranty on the complete caliper body.

IMHO the Nashin 2-piece "Floating" rotor is a very important part of the complete Nashin BBK. The superb floating peg design relieves stress from the rotor, as it allows for expansion and contraction of the rotor independent of the (hard anodised) aluminium hat. The large swept area provides for a considerable increase in brake torque, whilst the additional surface area, rotor thickness and curved vane pillar design prevent heat soak induced brake fade, as all the design elements are beneficial in reducing operating temperatures and dissipating heat between braking applications.

Cheers,

JD.
Attached Images

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 04-25-2013 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: Revision
Appreciate 0