E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Several Questions Re: Sensible Maintenance

09-21-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
E328xi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Garage List
2008 E90 328xi  [0.00]
Several Questions Re: Sensible Maintenance

Saturday I completed the second major detail on my 08 CPO 328xi. I took the plunge and got a PC and was pleased with the results. I was able to remove most of the swirls and a few scratches. With more practice using the PC I think I'll be able to achieve better results. I'm really looking forward to my next session.

I used Poorboy's SSR 2.5 with Orange Pad, followed by Poorboy's SSR 1 Polish with White Pad, followed by Poorboy's Black Hole with Black Pad. I topped it all with Chemical Guy's 5050 Wax applied by hand.

I need a sensible maintenance plan. I know that polishing too much will cause more harm than good and should only be done every six months. However, for maintenance purposes, would applying Black Hole with the PC after weekly washing be a bad idea? Or should the Black Hole only be applied every 6 months or so like a polish? Black Hole is considered a "Show Glaze" but on the bottle it says that it does contain "Cleaners" and "Removes and Hides Swirls." My concern is removing too much of the clear coat as I have read can be done by polishing too frequently.

Please keep in mind that if I could, I would do the whole SSR, Black Hole, Wax thing every weekend because there is little I love more than a beautiful day and a perfectly detailed car... I need a maintenance plan that isn't going to destroy my paint, but enhance it with each wash, polish, glaze, wax, whatever.

I already plan on applying a second coat of CG 5050 this weekend after a wash so I'd like to really shine it up before that.

Thanks for your help.

A few pics from this weekends detail:

Last edited by E328xi; 09-21-2009 at 09:22 PM..
Appreciate 0