E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Normal oil temp for E92 330i N52

12-28-2020, 03:46 PM   #1
RichardGoller
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Normal oil temp for E92 330i N52

I had a leaking exhaust flange and got it repaired at an exhaust shop, they cut out the flange and welded two bent pipes in-between and I also deleted the resonator and back box and put in just one silencer, because I did want a bit more sound. Now I'm having second thought about the whole thing and I'm not sure if it's related but the car seems to be running hotter as well which makes me regret it even more. Before the oil temp gauge would go up to and sit at 90C when normal driving, now it just goes past that all the way to a 100C. Now you guys with the same engine with 272ps, which is only in the e92, what does your temp gauge shows just around town normal driving? Also if this is hotter than normal, could the exhaust cause such issues, or should I look elsewhere?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 03:51 PM   #2
deropke
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardGoller View Post
I had a leaking exhaust flange and got it repaired at an exhaust shop, they cut out the flange and welded two bent pipes in-between and I also deleted the resonator and back box and put in just one silencer, because I did want a bit more sound. Now I'm having second thought about the whole thing and I'm not sure if it's related but the car seems to be running hotter as well which makes me regret it even more. Before the oil temp gauge would go up to and sit at 90C when normal driving, now it just goes past that all the way to a 100C. Now you guys with the same engine with 272ps, which is only in the e92, what does your temp gauge shows just around town normal driving? Also if this is hotter than normal, could the exhaust cause such issues, or should I look elsewhere?
Identical car as yours, mine sits 90-94c under normal driving, and under spirited drive I often reach 114-116c. 100C under normal conditions is not normal in my eyes
Appreciate 0