E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > MFactory LSD

03-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #23
Birnie85
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

And for fitting I had the use of a friends workshop/garage, ramp, air tools and hydraulic press, bought a dial gauge to check backlash from machine mart. Good friend to know as the saturday before was using it to fit D2 coil overs and then laser align.

Last edited by Birnie85; 03-05-2014 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #24
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birnie85 View Post
Sorry I didn't realise my 1st Post had to be of a certain type! Was looking in the classifieds for a PE exhaust and stumbled across this post.
That aside, there is nothing sketchy about my post, Just giving my 2 cents. Like I said I had birds fit my 330D with a quaife LSD back in 2009, and albeit a different car, I can notice the difference, but who's to say the quaife in a 335 would handle the same as my 330D. My previous car to the 335i was an E63 M6, and in terms of what I know about diffs it may not be a lot as i don't run a race car ( and if I did it would have a plate type diff), however for street driving I have to say that I am as impressed with the M factory as I was when I first started getting to grips with my M6 and its BMW LSD.
it was sketchy in the fact that you automatically said m factory is hands down better than quaife lol...the 2 cant be that different in performance as they are both helical lsds...

but it can differ in quality...not saying that m factory is bad but quaife is just proven thats all. if m factory makes an lsd just as good and costs $1000 less then by all means people should be buying that one.
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 12:18 PM   #25
Birnie85
Rep

Sorry I have just reread my first post and can see how it misreads, When I said the car is miles more predictable it was in relation to how it was stock, not how my 330d was with the quaife. As you say both are helical and essentially the same, as far as quality of the M factory, it feels and looks good, whether it will last like Quaife only tile will tell
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 12:19 PM   #26
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleex024 View Post
but it can differ in quality...not saying that m factory is bad but quaife is just proven thats all. if m factory makes an lsd just as good and costs $1000 less then by all means people should be buying that one.
Maybe not in the BMW market (yet), but we have been proven time and time again in the Honda & Mazda community that we have the Strongest, Lightest and best Machined (closest tolerances) Helical LSD available

The BMW market is new to us. Will there be growing pains? Possibly, but you can be certain that we will resolve any issues quickly and professionally. If our BMW v1 parts are well received, by the time v2 comes around, there certainly will be no doubt as to the quality of our products.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 01:56 PM   #27
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
Maybe not in the BMW market (yet), but we have been proven time and time again in the Honda & Mazda community that we have the Strongest, Lightest and best Machined (closest tolerances) Helical LSD available

The BMW market is new to us. Will there be growing pains? Possibly, but you can be certain that we will resolve any issues quickly and professionally. If our BMW v1 parts are well received, by the time v2 comes around, there certainly will be no doubt as to the quality of our products.
well that is good to hear. i however do not actually need one but like to comment to hopefully steer people in the right direction. im not at all saying your product is bad but until its proven to work very well it would be very hard for me to not spend a little more for a product that is essentially guaranteed.

if your lsd was around when i got mine in and was $1000 then yes i would have bought yours, but with the wavetrac being $2200 and osg being $3100 the difference of $900 wasnt big enough for me to not get the one that i would not regret.
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #28
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep

The OS Giken is a very good LSD, and as far as Plate LSD's are concerned, is one of the best. You could not have made a better choice
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 03:34 PM   #29
2jzn54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birnie85 View Post
Sorry I didn't realise my 1st Post had to be of a certain type! Was looking in the classifieds for a PE exhaust and stumbled across this post.
That aside, there is nothing sketchy about my post, Just giving my 2 cents. Like I said I had birds fit my 330D with a quaife LSD back in 2009, and albeit a different car, I can notice the difference, but who's to say the quaife in a 335 would handle the same as my 330D. My previous car to the 335i was an E63 M6, and in terms of what I know about diffs it may not be a lot as i don't run a race car ( and if I did it would have a plate type diff), however for street driving I have to say that I am as impressed with the M factory as I was when I first started getting to grips with my M6 and its BMW LSD.
It doesn't... it was just odd that this is the only thread asking about the mfactory dif, that mfactory had just started up on e90, that this was your first post, that you had just joined, that you had already installed and had experience with the dif (a product which the entire community just heard of and couldn't have in their hands today at least for us in the U.S.) that you thought it was lightyears better than a quaife, which unless your dif is a clutch type lsd...

then there is the one minute difference in the post between you and mfactory both responding to cleex024 and you creating a WTB PE thread just after posting that you were only on here looking for a PE the other day (completely different section) and just stumbled across this thread.. sorry the whole thing is just odd and excuse my rant because I bet your a decent guy in a peculiar situation.

anyway i really don't wanna be the guy giving you a hard time.. all those things combined just draws a big red flag to anyone reading it, whether a legit post or not.

Last edited by 2jzn54; 03-05-2014 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: noticed something else..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 04:23 PM   #30
805beemer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

There's at least 10 people on the other forum that just got the mfactory diff. Give them a few weeks to take delivery and install and we'll have plenty of feedback. As long as its positive, and they do another group buy I'll be purchasing one for my welded diff once its available.

Last edited by 805beemer; 03-05-2014 at 04:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 04:34 PM   #31
2jzn54
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805beemer View Post
There's at least 10 people on the other forum that's just got the mfactory diff. Give them a few weeks to take delivery and install and we'll have plenty of feedback. As long as its positive, and they do another group buy I'll be purchasing one for my welded diff once its available.
mfactory diffs have done pretty well on other platforms.. i'm sure this will be no different. like you i'll be waiting for the welded diff option (very excited about how easy they are making it for us welded guys) provided no one posts any round one horror stories..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 02:07 AM   #32
Birnie85
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Three View Post
It doesn't... it was just odd that this is the only thread asking about the mfactory dif, that mfactory had just started up on e90, that this was your first post, that you had just joined, that you had already installed and had experience with the dif (a product which the entire community just heard of and couldn't have in their hands today at least for us in the U.S.) that you thought it was lightyears better than a quaife, which unless your dif is a clutch type lsd...
I never said it was lightyears better than the quaife, if you re-read my comments you will see that I said it was night and day different to the oem open diff. Also I've been watching a couple of these diffs on ebay from a seller in Florida since last October so they have been with you longer than us here.

Quote:
then there is the one minute difference in the post between you and mfactory both responding to cleex024 and you creating a WTB PE thread just after posting that you were only on here looking for a PE the other day (completely different section) and just stumbled across this thread.. sorry the whole thing is just odd and excuse my rant because I bet your a decent guy in a peculiar situation.
What can I say? bad timing on my part? bad timing on theirs? I posted this at around 10pm while in bed and I can assure you I was definitely not with anyone from M-Factory.....unless the mrs has something to tell me! As for peculiar situation....not really, I'd say it's been made a situation by yourself pulling apart my post, and you seriously need to stop being so suspicious of people that are just trying to get involved.

Quote:
anyway i really don't wanna be the guy giving you a hard time.. all those things combined just draws a big red flag to anyone reading it, whether a legit post or not.
Then please stop giving me a hard time over a legitimate post which I clearly shouldn't have made as I definitely am not allowed to give my opinion here
2007 E92 335i MT, JB4, ETS intercooler, Pipercross DCI, BMS catless DP's, Secondary cat delete, stainless mid section (soon to have x-pipe), D2 coilovers, 19" anthracite CSL alloys w/ super sports, M Factory LSD, shadow line trim, 20% tint, Aero front lip and rear bumper, performance front grille, 3M matte blue metallic wrap
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 08:54 AM   #33
2jzn54
Captain
Rep

thats too much for me to quote so i'm just gonna piece meal it.

you didn't say it was lightyears so yes that was a a stretch i suppose, but you did claim it was superior to the quaife.. i just don't see how you could draw that conclusion from two completely different cars with a relatively similar product.. its like stating a bms dci or a vishnu dci is superior to one another.. unless there are actual structural integrity or design issues they will be relatively the same..

car forums are sketchy.. its just a fact. any transaction you have here is not well regulated (not that they can cost effectively do much) and there are vendors that would do much more heinous things for a buck. i'd be dumb to not be pessimistic and i didn't really rip you apart.. i just pointed out a lot of coincidences that would cause a red flag.. i'm not the only one who felt that way and YES i think it was just a peculiar situation you were in and I'll say it again.. one that you didn't do any wrong. If you looked at it from most people's point of view at the time they would feel the same.

also.. i never said you aren't entitled to give your opinion.. but so is everyone else.. and i didn't say something shocking.. from my point of view and my opinion the post initially looked sketch.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 09:08 AM   #34
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep

Please guys, we're all friends here, so lets get along

And I can confirm, MFactory had no involvement with Birnie85's post.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 09:31 AM   #35
Transport3r
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 N55 E90

I'd be very interested in a helical setup once you have a solution for the big welded 3.08 diff's. Have you ever tested one until failure to see where the torque limits of the LSDs are?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 09:44 AM   #36
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep

We had them in cars pushing over 650lb's and yet to fail, so no, we've yet to test them till failure unfortunately
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 12:06 PM   #37
Birnie85
Rep

Ok Cool, well sorry for getting a bit irate, guess I've a lot to learn about forums! :-)
2007 E92 335i MT, JB4, ETS intercooler, Pipercross DCI, BMS catless DP's, Secondary cat delete, stainless mid section (soon to have x-pipe), D2 coilovers, 19" anthracite CSL alloys w/ super sports, M Factory LSD, shadow line trim, 20% tint, Aero front lip and rear bumper, performance front grille, 3M matte blue metallic wrap
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 07:51 PM   #38
ts335i07
tech
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Just got done installing my M Factory helical LSD, Fitment was perfect as i installed it myself with no problems, no grinding away of the case or any backlash issues. Overall VERY happy with the performance, no noises what so ever while turning, accelerating or on decel. Well see in the long run how it works out but right now i cant stop smiling well worth the savings imo
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 10:12 PM   #39
CoolHandLuke
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335xi

duly noted
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 10:19 PM   #40
alexx03
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335I

good to know
anybody thinking of starting another list for 5?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 12:07 PM   #41
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

Can't wait to get mine installed.
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters, Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex Square SM10-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1 & Galaxy Tab\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\xHP Flash\Resonator Removed and -> is your friend.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 01:36 PM   #42
ts335i07
tech
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

If any one in jersey wants one installed pm me
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #43
CoolHandLuke
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335xi

Let me get this straight. You send in your LSD they finagle it with their magic. You get it back then install. Is that correct?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 01:54 PM   #44
shadow191
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 Volvo XC90 R-Design

Pretty sure they're sending you an entire new unit? Unless you're referring to the welded ones, but even then I thought they were sending new stuff. Isn't the core charge only applicable to the other vendors that do Wavetrac and Quaife?
Appreciate 0