E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Central Locking Issue - E93

08-22-2012, 06:04 AM   #1
shane732
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i M-Sport

Central Locking Issue - E93

There seems to be a bit of an issue with the central locking on my E93.

When I go out to open the car in the morning it almost seems as if the car is asleep. I press the open button on the key fob and nothing and the car doesn't response. If I continue to press the button the car eventually responses.

When I use the manual key method of unlocking the car it works fine. I've tried both keys and have the same issue.

My car has comfort access but again this doesn't work when I rest my hand on the door handle in the morning either.

Any ideas what it could be? I assume it's something to do with the system in the car that picks up the unlock signal not responding.

Opinions would be most appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
greatbm
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G15 840i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane732 View Post
There seems to be a bit of an issue with the central locking on my E93.

When I go out to open the car in the morning it almost seems as if the car is asleep. I press the open button on the key fob and nothing and the car doesn't response. If I continue to press the button the car eventually responses.

When I use the manual key method of unlocking the car it works fine. I've tried both keys and have the same issue.

My car has comfort access but again this doesn't work when I rest my hand on the door handle in the morning either.

Any ideas what it could be? I assume it's something to do with the system in the car that picks up the unlock signal not responding.

Opinions would be most appreciated.
How old are the key fobs, as they have batteries that need replacement every so often, could be signal from fob is weak due to flat batteries ?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
shane732
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbm View Post
How old are the key fobs, as they have batteries that need replacement every so often, could be signal from fob is weak due to flat batteries ?
Key fobs are both 2008 I assume.....

Don't the fobs recharge when you put the in the ignition? I didn't think you could replace the battery in the fobs - are the comfort access ones different?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
greatbm
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G15 840i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane732 View Post
Key fobs are both 2008 I assume.....

Don't the fobs recharge when you put the in the ignition? I didn't think you could replace the battery in the fobs - are the comfort access ones different?
Comfort access don't charge from socket as you don't need to insert to start car, yes they have to be replaced.
Appreciate 0