E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > N54 335I V brace question / Exhaust Install (Pics and Video of Quad Exhaust)

08-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #45
M3E46M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i E92 6 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat_House View Post
Thats about how mine sits too. There is so much unoccupied space above that flex pipe section. I wonder if the hanger can be modified to allow the pipe to sit up closer to the car. how much clearance do yuo have under the brace now?
+1, nope the hanger is very close. TRUST ME I spent 3 days FKING around with adjusting this. This is as close to the chassis as it will get of you be hitting the chassis. For 2nd pipe ya it can be adjusted... maybe.... but that's not my concern.

All i can see is to either;
1. Crush the exhaust where the V brace bolts so it fits (BTW BMW did that with their stock exhaust). Don't like crushing

2. Get a custom brace welded by a muffler shop.

3. Use 2 separate braces per each side but don't know how effective that be.

4. Take out the wallet and spend double on a different exhaust that will fit and might not have as much weight savings.

5. Put stock exhaust back on and cut the mufflers pay ~1400.

I think I'll try #2 next.

.../// TURBO! Why in the world would you choose anything else?... ///

Last edited by M3E46M; 08-31-2013 at 05:47 AM.. Reason: spelling grammar
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #46
M3E46M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanS13 View Post
Is your car lowered? My car is, but it's not like it's super low or anything, and there's NO WAY I could drive it around like that. It would rip itself off after the first driveway I pulled out of. That brace scrapes on my car now over speed bumps, and I only added like 3-4 washers at each of the 4 corners of the brace when I installed my exhaust.

It seems like it'd be much better to leave it off until you figure something else out, rather than damage all of those holes if the bolts break when the brace gets caught on something while you're driving.
Ya I was thinking of that to my self. Ya my car is lowered I show you pic later on. Scraping yes, I have to exit my driveway on angle not to scrape, but the part that scrapes the driveway is not the brace. Like I said the Y pipe coming down from the down pipes where the first part connects is the lowest part. It sits lower then the brace and that is the part that scrapes. There is no way to adjust that. I might leave it off but still not giving up. This is very frustrating

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #47
M3E46M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

This is how low i sit, a coke can will not roll under the air diffuser mounted in front of the wheels. But surprisingly the dealer went through a car wash very slowly and said that car doesn't rub. Slammed? Maybe but i'm not rubbing so don't care.

Last edited by M3E46M; 08-20-2013 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #48
M3E46M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
I wish you were local, we've fixed the low hanging issue a couple times free of charge for customers, took less than 15 minutes when you know what to adjust.

The first pipe mid pipe should be able to rotate a bit farther up as well. Shoot me a PM with your location and I'll be happy to schedule a time if you're anywhere near the MA area.
TIAGO the 1st pipe is rotated upward to the max 1/8" from chassis. Are you telling me that you can rotate it further??? The brace sits totally below the first pipe so clearly this is not fully engineered. I wouldn't believed it until i tried it for my self. 2nd pipe can be rotated probably bit further but I already did to the max where the hanger rubber on 2nd pipe (and this is the hanger that was supplied) is compressed like in a vice. So realistically the muffler hangers hold everything. Maybe I got a defected pipe not bent in right spot, manufacturer defect ? Maybe but I guarantee you can not rotate the 1st pipe further or you hit the chassis. My pinky won't even fit in the clearance between heat shield and the 1st pipe thats how tight it is. BTW i'm in Chicago area. If you want you can send me another 1st pipe and I test it...

Last edited by M3E46M; 08-20-2013 at 11:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #49
Rat_House
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, Gated R8, DatsunZ, mk

Quote:
Originally Posted by labedra View Post
TIAGO the 1st pipe is rotated upward to the max 1/8" from chassis. Are you telling me that you can rotate it further??? The brace sits totally below the first pipe so clearly this is not fully engineered. I wouldn't believed it until i tried it for my self. 2nd pipe can be rotated probably bit further but I already did to the max where the hanger rubber on 2nd pipe (and this is the hanger that was supplied) is compressed like in a vice. So realistically the muffler hangers hold everything. Maybe I got a defected pipe not bent in right spot, manufacturer defect ? Maybe but I guarantee you can not rotate the 1st pipe further or you hit the chassis. My pinky won't even fit in the clearance between heat shield and the 1st pipe thats how tight it is. BTW i'm in Chicago area. If you want you can send me another 1st pipe and I test it...
Mine fit the same way, 2nd pipe hanger isnt supporting anything. Thats why i wonder if it should be modified to match the hanger on the HPF system.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #50
Bavarian Black
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 335i MS

Quote:
(SHERE, SHARE, SHARE, did I share? Share thoughts, suggestions, ideas, etc. GOING BACK TO STOCK IS NOT A SUGGESTION!)

Hey guys can anyone tell me how important is the V Brace that goes under the exhaust and connects center car chassis rear suspension bridge? I had to remove it do to installation of aftermarket exhaust and debating on just running a custom brace per each side. I saw that HPF exhaust came with spacers where their exhaust fits above the stock brace after using the spacers provided. The exhaust I got was from VRSF and it is a beautiful piece but required me to remove the V brace. Running washers is not an option the exhaust sits too low and believe me i worked all day on tucking it as close to the chassis as possible. I welcome any ideas for custom brace, but debating if it is even worth making. I'm thinking of making one but per each side of the chassis so it would look like V brace but cut in half as the exhaust pipe needs to be in the middle..... and sorry but I couldn't find anything on the site for this topic. Maybe my searching skills are not so great

I'm talking about part #17

Hi,

Your VRSF Exshast is a piece of art I can tell you that. However I didn't want to lose my V brace and went with The aFe Mach Force XP cat back exhaust system produces 11hp and 10lbs. x ft. of torque. Ok, it may not produce the same HP but it's light high quality high quality aluminium (304) and clamps. Most importantly, it doesn't affect my V brace.

I would not remove any of my McPherson suspension components on my 335I M bc I think it's an essential family component including the front vs back weight ratio.

However! If you don't drift or take hard corners much, who gives 2 sh1ts right

Ditch the make shift project, and enjoy your Exhast. It wont be the same anyway.

Thanks for sharing.

BB
08 335i MSPORT & PR PKG/aFe St2 DCI/AA BOV kit +DP/SprintBooster Stage 2/Avant Garde 19 rims/ HNK V12 Pro Tires/BMS Wheel Spacers/ E92 M F n B kit incl blk kidney grills and sensors/Afe mach Exhaust. M3 skirts, DNA map 3

Last edited by Bavarian Black; 09-19-2013 at 06:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #51
M3E46M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I like my car FLAT on the bottom this is why I bought this car. Anyway, so people don't think i suck at installing this thing here are some updated pics and you tell me if the exhaust is not tucked in. Kid you not, I love the performance and the sound however i'm not willing to make any compromises to the chassis just because of that, it's not why I mod my car and have 2K suspension mods, I mod for performance so nothing can interfere with that and if it does then it will come off.

Pictures are a million words, here you go, kind of dark but will do.

Last edited by M3E46M; 08-21-2013 at 02:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #52
Bavarian Black
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I like my car FLAT on the bottom this is why I bought this car. Anyway, so people don't think i suck at installing this thing here are some updated pics and you tell me if the exhaust is not tucked in. Kid you not, I love the performance and the sound however i'm not willing to make any compromises to the chassis just because of that, it's not why I mod my car and have 2K suspension mods, I mod for performance so nothing can interfere with that and if it does then it will come off.

Pictures are a million words, here you go, kind of dark but will do.

I admire your passion.

Yes it's low, I was just focussing ....commenting on the V bar vs Exshast AM maker.

I wish you the best of luck

BB
08 335i MSPORT & PR PKG/aFe St2 DCI/AA BOV kit +DP/SprintBooster Stage 2/Avant Garde 19 rims/ HNK V12 Pro Tires/BMS Wheel Spacers/ E92 M F n B kit incl blk kidney grills and sensors/Afe mach Exhaust. M3 skirts, DNA map 3
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 06:18 AM   #53
Bavarian Black
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I like my car FLAT on the bottom this is why I bought this car. Anyway, so people don't think i suck at installing this thing here are some updated pics and you tell me if the exhaust is not tucked in. Kid you not, I love the performance and the sound however i'm not willing to make any compromises to the chassis just because of that, it's not why I mod my car and have 2K suspension mods, I mod for performance so nothing can interfere with that and if it does then it will come off
Hi again,

I showed my mechanic your work around.....it simply is not a permanent fix, I thought I would let you know. We all don't want you blasting a corner and cracking your V rear strut bar. Just be carefull.

BB
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 12:12 AM   #54
M3E46M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks, ya I hate being careful, whats the fun in that? I like a wild ride. I drive it like I stole it. This sucks....

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #55
davidwarren
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328,325, 325, 335, X5, 640 GC

Quote:
Thanks, ya I hate being careful, whats the fun in that? I like a wild ride. I drive it like I stole it. This sucks....
So did you end up doing anything about it?
      08-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #56
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Damn!!! How many washers you use as spacers to clear that midpipe!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #57
M3E46M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Damn!!! How many washers you use as spacers to clear that midpipe!!!
The answer is over 200 then i lost count. They all came off. Everything actually is off for time being. Went to back to stock exhaust. Will post what I have done but sorry to say that exhaust will be missed, torque was incredible with incredible sound, I sit way too low for it. Stay tuned for update later this weekend.

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 01:46 AM   #58
M3E46M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwarren View Post
So did you end up doing anything about it?
Ya I adjusted for another 4 - 5 hrs where the pipe was touching heat shield and got rattle noise.... ofcourse just to test how much of clearance i can get and was 1/4 of in higher but still sticking out like 1 3/4 inch, had to use 199 washers insetad of 220, big deal lol. Guess what .... ....ripped it out. Back to stock and new swizzle coming tomorrow. I'm done with this, All i can tell you is that either my shit was defected or doesn't fit well on e92. Pictures speak their own words. Maybe my car is bent in U shape making the exhaust stick out ....whatever .... maybe I don't know how to install shit. I'm done with it. Had sparks flying at night on highway at some points. OFF it goes, Next! Hint #5.

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 03:32 AM   #59
M3E46M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Here you go. Went and cut the mufflers off and got my self some QUADS!

DID everything myself. Remus provided bumper cut out template. M B from CA hooked ME UP! Thanks Alan!

Didn't even think, I just cut the bumper with template and craftsman utility knife $10 Remus provided the template and here are the results. Still have to file some and touchup with paint but V Brace is there however I will install Hotchkis next got used one which just arrived this week.

NOTHING STICKING OUT ANYMORE!

BIG BROTHER looking at that ass with 4 pipes....

Unique Sound no doubt. Definitely could give someone a heart attack when properly floored. Looks awesome and I's say better then before. Got to PAY TO PLAY! Performance i would say is on par with other exhaust. I still needs to break it in but car seems to fly now. BTW with a big smile on my face already got at ticket, damn cops! Person can't even have a little fun....... F EM!

Last edited by M3E46M; 08-31-2013 at 06:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 06:23 PM   #60
M3E46M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

After driving about 60 miles, the exhaust is almost broken in, the note is awesome. I would highly recommend this exhaust to anyone that is interested in one or car nut and likes the sound of a true race car with two whistles. During normal driving it is very pleasent to listen too. Actually i think i turned off the radio like 50 times today. That says something. Updated pictures after install during day time.

The cut out cost me 2 hrs of my time and $15 for Craftsman utility knife and some heavy duty blades.

The cut out caused me 2 hrs and $15 for Craftsman utility knife and some heavy duty blades.

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 08:05 PM   #61
psmith95
original account ****** for a month...
Rep
Drives: 09 335i xdrive

Quote:
After driving about 60 miles, the exhaust is almost broken in, the note is awesome. I would highly recommend this exhaust to anyone that is interested in one or car nut and likes the sound of a true race car with two whistles. During normal driving it is very pleasent to listen too. Actually i think i turned off the radio like 50 times today. That says something. Updated pictures after install during day time.

The cut out cost me 2 hrs of my time and $15 for Craftsman utility knife and some heavy duty blades.

The cut out caused me 2 hrs and $15 for Craftsman utility knife and some heavy duty blades.
Nice, post up some vids of how it sounds
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 08:52 PM   #62
M3E46M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

THANKS TO ALAN @ MOD BARGAINS YOU GET QUAD SOUND LIKE THIS! CRANK UP THE VOLUME!

Sorry for cicadas! they all over the trees.

0:33 Pure Adrenaline

Last edited by M3E46M; 08-31-2013 at 09:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 09:24 PM   #63
stashtrey
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335xi TiAg

Garage List

Last edited by stashtrey; 08-31-2013 at 09:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 12:26 AM   #64
AW M4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 ///M4

Woah.. Those are the new remus race w/ slash cut tips right? Car sounds awesome!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 04:07 AM   #65
M3E46M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub3 View Post
Woah.. Those are the new remus race w/ slash cut tips right? Car sounds awesome!!!!
Don't know if they are new but you can pick your tips when you order.

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #66
deathbunny
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

You did a great job on the cutout. That is the best one I have seen by far! Any fitment issues with this system? Still have stock ground clearance?