E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 7 indy shops later and bmw dealer.. Found 2 that understood my car has bluetooth abil

02-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep
Drives: Audi

7 indy shops later and bmw dealer.. Found 2 that understood my car has bluetooth abil

What a nightmare.. I really became the irrate insane customer on this one. Everyone was telling me its impossible that I don't have BT at all or that it would cost 2k. I showed the dealer my MULF with the blue tooth stamp and the FCC serieral. Was told that I don't have bluetooth period..

One place told me to go talk to the sales department and to read my manual on how to link my phone.. I kept trying to tell them it is disabled I can't just link my phone. Then I said so the BMW dealer salesman knows more about the car than your tech?? They said yes when it comes to that stuff..

None the arugments I got made any sense.. How can you say there is no blue tooth tech in the car when you have a part in the trunk that has the blue tooth symbol..

What about having an FCC number.. They don't stick those on random objects. You can look up what type of device is it with that number..

The good news the place I found that is going to do it for half the price of what the dealer would have charged.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

You can do it for $50 bucks as a DIY
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #3
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
You can do it for $50 bucks as a DIY
I don't have a laptop with windows.. and my roommate has one with Mac OS. Could run it in VMware but it might run really slow. I work in IT and script all the time.. Coding doesn't scare me the hardest part it looks like it it being in german
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #4
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ritz View Post
I don't have a laptop with windows.. and my roommate has one with Mac OS. Could run it in VMware but it might run really slow. I work in IT and script all the time.. Coding doesn't scare me the hardest part it looks like it it being in german
I am not a coder either but those that have coded it have already cracked that code. Its $50 in parts to get the mic wire and mic and hook to your MULF. In any case, its in the audio subforum if you want to have a search.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
I am not a coder either but those that have coded it have already cracked that code. Its $50 in parts to get the mic wire and mic and hook to your MULF. In any case, its in the audio subforum if you want to have a search.
I know I read the thread and the video on doing it is like 5 min.. Changing the VO's isn't even coding really. But as I said I don't have a laptop that runs windows and I don't have the cable.

Went back to the dealership to pick up the parts.. Just the blue tooth antenna. Part guy had to call shop foreman to ask about the mic wire. Got a different foreman this time and he said since I have voice activation I don't need to do anything with the mic. That it would work through the MOST without any other mods. So I am going to go with them now.. He said if it ran over an hour trying to get the mic to work they would only charge me for an hour. I expect it will as from my understanding there is more than just plugging the attenna in and changing the VO's
Appreciate 0