E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Paddle shifter coding

12-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
Fiorano
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90

Paddle shifter coding

Hi everyone,

I'm looking forward to do a non-sport steering wheel (without paddle shifter) to M3 DCT paddle shifter steering wheel conversion. FYI, my car is a 2006 325i.
The DIY for the swap is already on the list and I believe I can do the conversion.
What I want to know is about the coding or whatever it takes after the installation to make the paddle shifter works.

As far as I know, I need to program/code something to make the paddle shifter works since my previous steering wheel does not have paddle shifter. I don't have any idea about coding anyway. Is that right?
Could somebody or experienced help me with this issue?

I contacted the dealer and they'll charge me about $100 to make my paddle shifter works. If I can do it myself then it's not necessary to go to the dealer because I believe this is a simple one.

Appreciate if you guys could help.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quick search turns up the same thread someone else posted that I listed the VO code to add:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619973

If you are trying to start coding just to do this, I would possibly recommend to find a local coder and just have them do it unless you have a good amount of time and patience to learn the process.

Info is all in this forum. Just search and research.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 06:03 AM   #3
Fiorano
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant@DetailAddict View Post
Quick search turns up the same thread someone else posted that I listed the VO code to add:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619973

If you are trying to start coding just to do this, I would possibly recommend to find a local coder and just have them do it unless you have a good amount of time and patience to learn the process.

Info is all in this forum. Just search and research.
thanks a lot!
Turns out its hard for me, will find a local coder though
Appreciate 0