E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > Going to Greece! | Athens - Mykonos - Santorini | How should I split up my days?

04-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Going to Greece! | Athens - Mykonos - Santorini | How should I split up my days?

Hey guys,

The wife and I are planning to visit Greece for our honeymoon in July and have about 10 days total to use.

I was thinking about flying into Athens then take the ferry over to Mykonons then to Santorini where we would catch our flight back to NY.

I'm not sure how I should split up my days and I don't want to be at one spot for too long or end up leaving too early without seeing what it has to offer. How many days should I spend in Athens? This seems to be the spot where all the touristy stuff is located. I was thinking splitting it 4 in athens, 2 in Mykonos and 4 in Santorini ?

For those who have gone or live there any insight is appreciated! Would like to know what are things we must do there and stuff we can bypass.

Thanks!
Alan
      04-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
Prevezanos
BMW Lover
Greece
Rep
Drives: E46 318i, 2.000cc, facelift

Hi Alan,
First, sorry for my poor English.
I am Demetris, I am greek and I live in Preveza, a seaside town in the westcost of Greece(Ionian Sea). The answer to your question depends on what you are looking for, from your ten-days vacation.
You just want to swim and be cool under the sun? You want to see places and sites? You'd like to have fun and party until dawn?
Because, you maybe do not know, but, summer Greece is not only Mykonos and Santorini.
Anyway, if you let us know how you imagine your stay in Greece, I can make many suggestion, if I may of course.
And to avoid misunderstandings, I must state that I do not have any relation with tourism. I am a Civil Engineer and design buildings.
Appreciate 0