E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Faulty Restraint System

08-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
Big Bear
Rep
Drives: E90 320D M Sport

Faulty Restraint System

Have a wee issue which I hope someone can help out with, tonight I swapped out my basic subs for MB quartz ones under the seat, during the process I disconnected the wiring to the seat, moved seats out of the way fitted the new subs no problem. Before refitting the seats thought I would try out the stereo to make sure all was working.

When I switched on ignition the dash lit up with 'Faulty Restraint System' which I put down to the seats not being connected. Everything worked fine with the speakers, fitted seats again. When I switched back on ignition the warnings are still there....... Checked all the plugs again all connected properly, no other wiring has been touched.

Anyone know if this fault is now stored and needs clearing? I ordered a scanner program from fleebay and guess what it doesn't work (shouldn't be a cheapskate).

Does anyone know of any decent software that can clear fault codes on an E90?

Thanks

Martin
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
Jockman18
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 2007 325i Auto

Bear, you have unwittingly committed the cardinal sin when working with the airbag system! Lol

You shouldn't apply power with them disconnected.

Luckily, all you need is someone to reset the light :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #3
Big Bear
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockman18 View Post
Bear, you have unwittingly committed the cardinal sin when working with the airbag system! Lol

You shouldn't apply power with them disconnected.

Luckily, all you need is someone to reset the light :-)
I am a bad man.....I will stand in the corner and give myself a serious talking to!!!! At least I know what not to do again!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 03:38 AM   #4
Jockman18
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 2007 325i Auto

It's caught lots of people out before mate to be fair. The key is to research before tackling any job.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 04:43 AM   #5
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Just needs re setting with inpa or DIS and away you go - just remeber next time not to apply power if you disconnect wiring under the seat -

where are you located?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
Big Bear
Rep

All sorry not been on for a while, work...its a bugger. Got myself sorted with DIS cleared the fault and we are all go again. Also just finished retro fitting my folding mirrors and coding them. Half done the ICE install but need to get that finished quickly :-)
Appreciate 0