E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Problem with Bimmian

02-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #23
johndeere
mhmmmm
Canada
Rep
Drives: MS3X

Dudes,

I've been ordering my parts from Khoalty. Still comes cheaper even after taxes and duties.

To date I've ordered the following from Khoalty (by no means big price items, but still came cheaper than if I ordered from Bimmian)

- Matte black grilles
- Matte black gilles
- Badges
- Angel Eyes
- Corner Lights
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #24
alniri
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: C2, ML350, 335

I had a similar experience except I got the parts I ordered. Only problem is they were damaged in transit. I was promised a replacement within 2 weeks. Never materialized. Eventually I threatened legal action etc and they offered a refund. I had to spend a morning driving to Oshawa to drop the items off and get my money back.
The salesperson, Steve I think, then wastes another 30 minutes of my time processing the refund. I wasn't going to leave until I knew that I had the refund on my credit card.
At the end of the day, I'm still out a couple hundred bucks when you consider my time, gas and shipping fees they charged and didn't refund.

To give them some credit, I did get the parts in the time frame promised, and the damage was not their fault( occurred in transit). My issue is that the way they dealt with the problem afterwards was completely unsatisfactory and unprofessional.

I will never buy anything from them again.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #25
dzlmoose
Lieutenant
Egypt
Rep
Drives: Trek 7.2, 2001 M5

I was thinking of getting the painted side markers from them. They have the best price plus I live in the east end so they are only a 20 min drive from me.

Does anyone know of place that's cheaper than them?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 06:47 AM   #26
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzlmoose
I was thinking of getting the painted side markers from them. They have the best price plus I live in the east end so they are only a 20 min drive from me.

Does anyone know of place that's cheaper than them?
Being local to them means nothin lol...you may end up waiting 2-3 months for side markers.

Pretty retarded over there - not even sure what they are doing that would cause the delays.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #27
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
Dzlmoose, I'd email them enquiring about the pieces first. They have a set-up on their site to do this based on the product you're looking at. After doing so and verifying they have it in stock, I'd set up a time that they're at the shop (located off Stevenson exit) and go get it yourself. You'll get a cheaper "cash" price in person too.

I'm always in Oshawa as my sis lives there. Got my matte black 335d badge for $20 cash from them by going in one day.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #28
dzlmoose
Lieutenant
Egypt
Rep
Drives: Trek 7.2, 2001 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekboyD
Dzlmoose, I'd email them enquiring about the pieces first. They have a set-up on their site to do this based on the product you're looking at. After doing so and verifying they have it in stock, I'd set up a time that they're at the shop (located off Stevenson exit) and go get it yourself. You'll get a cheaper "cash" price in person too.

I'm always in Oshawa as my sis lives there. Got my matte black 335d badge for $20 cash from them by going in one day.
Thanks man. I am just waiting for them to get the reflectors in stock.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #29
RNE90
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' E90 LCI

Just got my parts

2011 E90 LCI BSM | Eibach | Alufelgen CS7 | AFE | BMS PBX | M-Tech | ACS | Performance Kidney Grills | LUX V3 | H&R
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #30
grn.eyed.bandit
can you stand it?
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 Touring

damn...didnt notice this until now.

i just ordered a pair of spacers from them, and they replied that its coming from their US warehouse and should take 1-3 wks.

But they have been replying to my emails/messages either same day or next, so thats reassuring. Hopefully the parts get to my house before I move next month!

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome

03-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #31
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grn.eyed.bandit View Post
damn...didnt notice this until now.

i just ordered a pair of spacers from them, and they replied that its coming from their US warehouse and should take 1-3 wks.

But they have been replying to my emails/messages either same day or next, so thats reassuring. Hopefully the parts get to my house before I move next month!
We have spacers in stock in Canada (If anybody else needs any)

Mike
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 12:27 AM   #32
RobSquared
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335IX SDN & 2012 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekboyD View Post

Thanks for the post and helping me get it done. I found a set of wheels on their wheel specials page and so I called ahead today to see that they physically had the set in their Oshawa office which they did. My office is only 10 minutes away so I dropped in to Bimmian to check things out with nothing to lose but the time it took me to get there. I apologize in advance to those that have no love for rep wheels but I was able to leave with a staggered set of 18" VMR v710s in hyper silver (brand new with boxes opened for the first time when I broke the seal to check the wheels!) for an all in cash price of $700 which worked out even better then their listed web price. So I know I was able to save a few hundred dollars based on what other GTA wheel shops have been selling this set for.

Thanks for the advice to call in first!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 12:53 AM   #33
surendrant
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E92 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSquared View Post
Thanks for the post and helping me get it done. I found a set of wheels on their wheel specials page and so I called ahead today to see that they physically had the set in their Oshawa office which they did. My office is only 10 minutes away so I dropped in to Bimmian to check things out with nothing to lose but the time it took me to get there. I apologize in advance to those that have no love for rep wheels but I was able to leave with a staggered set of 18" VMR v710s in hyper silver (brand new with boxes opened for the first time when I broke the seal to check the wheels!) for an all in cash price of $700 which worked out even better then their listed web price. So I know I was able to save a few hundred dollars based on what other GTA wheel shops have been selling this set for.

Hey man, just a heads up. But I did the exact same thing. Picked up a set of VMR hyper black cash price. One month in they started to peel even though I only wash with soap and water. Almost 9 months later and I'm still trying to deal with this guy about Em. He just hkeeps giving me excuses and NEVER returns phone calls. Worst company
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 01:11 AM   #34
RobSquared
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335IX SDN & 2012 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by surendrant View Post
Hey man, just a heads up. But I did the exact same thing. Picked up a set of VMR hyper black cash price. One month in they started to peel even though I only wash with soap and water. Almost 9 months later and I'm still trying to deal with this guy about Em. He just hkeeps giving me excuses and NEVER returns phone calls. Worst company
Yikes! I guess only time will tell. I had 19" v710s before these ones that held up quite well. Hopefully I have the same luck with these new ones. If you get the chance can you PM me some pics of what the peeling is looking like. VMR won't help? You know the naysayers are going to say we got what we paid for though....sympathy will not be flowing on tap for us with this one unfortunately!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #35
Kid Eh
I used to be conceited, now I'm perfect.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Bought some painted reflectors from them a few years back. The color was so off they were basically useless. Sent them back and heard nothing. I'll never give them another dollar. I strongly suggest nobody does.

"I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect"
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #36
meezo
Private First Class
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Damn...I was actually considering buying a full carbon rear diffuser from them and have it installed before the summer but all these horror stories are terrifying me. Where else can I buy a diffuser in Canada?
Good luck with the issue RNE90
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #37
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSquared

Glad I could help man.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #38
meezo
Private First Class
Egypt
Rep

How did the parts come out to be? Would you suggest that I buy a diffuser from them? Been searching elsewhere for another spot but cannot seem to find anyone else out there that sells full carbon diffusers
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #39
RNE90
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by meezo335 View Post
How did the parts come out to be? Would you suggest that I buy a diffuser from them? Been searching elsewhere for another spot but cannot seem to find anyone else out there that sells full carbon diffusers
Hey meezo335, it is hard to say whether i would suggest them or not. The parts came out fine fully packaged nothing wrong with them installed perfectly. It was the wait that really had me worried and questioning them. on the plus side though they were the cheapest option to get those parts. Bimmian gave me a major discount because i ordered cash. Also they did acknowledge that it took longer than usual to have my parts sent in and there was some mix ups in between which they apologized for and offered a discount on further purchases. From what i experienced if you have the patience to deal with them then go for it. hope that helped.

2011 E90 LCI BSM | Eibach | Alufelgen CS7 | AFE | BMS PBX | M-Tech | ACS | Performance Kidney Grills | LUX V3 | H&R
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #40
meezo
Private First Class
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNE90 View Post
Hey meezo335, it is hard to say whether i would suggest them or not. The parts came out fine fully packaged nothing wrong with them installed perfectly. It was the wait that really had me worried and questioning them. on the plus side though they were the cheapest option to get those parts. Bimmian gave me a major discount because i ordered cash. Also they did acknowledge that it took longer than usual to have my parts sent in and there was some mix ups in between which they apologized for and offered a discount on further purchases. From what i experienced if you have the patience to deal with them then go for it. hope that helped.
Thanks dude! I think I'll just take the risk with being patient then. Really like what they have in stock.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #41
nimzz
Nimalan
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3

Garage List
2024 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by surendrant View Post
I feel your pain Suren...
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 02:21 PM   #42
vtune
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT

I hate Bimmian as well, with a passion! I almost bought $3,000 in parts from them. They did a custom quote for me and the pricing was higher than the website price and they did not want to give me the 10% off coupon they advertised on the website?? They also lied about some of the products, and would not tell me how long it would take to deliver, but wanted payment on the spot. What pissed me off the most was how they try to push the shitty VMR rims on you. Very shady characters, I tried a second time and same story.. I would never use them for anything. Their pricing is also one of the highest out there.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 07:42 PM   #43
surendrant
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E92 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by insane79 View Post
i absolutely regret buying from bimmian, will be opening a thread regarding my experience & all the mails between them & me very soon, we need to warn the members over here regarding the bad experience.
I hate that company with a passion. I'd rather buy parts from Walmart than them.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #44
Kid Eh
I used to be conceited, now I'm perfect.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtune View Post
I hate Bimmian as well, with a passion! I almost bought $3,000 in parts from them. They did a custom quote for me and the pricing was higher than the website price and they did not want to give me the 10% off coupon they advertised on the website?? They also lied about some of the products, and would not tell me how long it would take to deliver, but wanted payment on the spot. What pissed me off the most was how they try to push the shitty VMR rims on you. Very shady characters, I tried a second time and same story.. I would never use them for anything. Their pricing is also one of the highest out there.
Try Tires23 for wheels. I bet their price is much better.

"I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect"
Appreciate 0