E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > abs/dsc unit help

12-31-2016, 06:05 AM   #1
Dan-danGT
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M-Sport

abs/dsc unit help

Hi all

I have had problems with my abs/dsc unit, i have taken it off and sent it to ecu testing which is local to me. They are struggling to repair the pump its now with the research & development department. not looking good which i had already guessed when it was messing around.

Now my question can i buy a known good unit from another e90 and programme it to my car? is it ok to recode it from another car? I have never had the bmw software work on my laptop so i would need someone local to nottingham to do it for me if possible? or maybe explain how to do it as i do possibly have access to the software if i need it.

Thanks
      12-31-2016, 06:12 AM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Yes, you can get a used module and code it to the car. It's a common way to resolve your problem.
Appreciate 0