E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Black plastic detail, what to use

10-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
vapore0n
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Black plastic detail, what to use

My car was detailed by the dealer (probably paid someone to do it) and they used something to dress the engine plastic parts, and other black plastic parts from all over the car. Engine, gas cap area, trunk area, side mirror black plastic, etc.

Anyone knows what was used? Or what can I buy that will have the same effect of leaving a water proof coating while making the plastic look great for months?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
BMWonderful
When I think of something witty it will go here
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330

I use Mothers Back to Black on exterior plastic pieces that are kind of textured.

I haven't used it on my e90, but every other car I've ever owned this was part of the process and I have always been happy with it.

Professional detailers usually don't use off the shelf stuff, so yo could always call around to shops in the area and see what they use and if they will sell yo any, but like I say, for like 8 bux or something and off the shelf the Mothers stuff never disappointed.
Appreciate 0