E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > JB4 Chargepipe CAI then code2D33

11-24-2017, 09:14 PM   #1
barberben
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

JB4 Chargepipe CAI then code2D33

Hey everybody!
This is my first post.

I have searched the forums and cant quite find an answer, so here goes. I recently replaced the turbos on my 2007 335i. The swap was time consuming but not overly technical or difficult, thanks to the multitude of information on the net/youtube. Everything ran fine after the swap. I decided to install a JB4 on my car and was advised to also change to a metal chargepipe since i would be increasing boost pressures on a 10 year old piece of plastic. So, this past Monday I installed my JB4, an aluminum chargepipe with a BOV and replaced the stock airbox with dual cone filters from Burger Motorsports. After the install, the SES light illuminated and when i checked the codes via the JB4 data cable, it gave codes (2D33 Absolute pressure sensor, intake pipe: Signal) and (29F3 Faulty Low Fuel Pressure Sensor). I went for a test drive and at about 1/3 throttle, or any time it felt like the car was building boost, it would completely fall on its face. I nursed the car home and uninstalled the JB4. When i then tried to drive the car without the JB4 it immediately gave the Check Engine light (not the SES light) and displayed the "Engine operating at lower power..... blah blah" message on the IDrive screen. Consequently, the car would rev all the way up to redline RPM, but was obviously not building boost. My question is; Would a pressure sensor fail cause this particular dirveability issue? A friend of mine that works for BMW brought me the schematics for that sensor today, and I plan to test it this weekend. I'll keep everyone updated on this, but I'd love any input that anyone has on past failures of this particular sensor and what the reaction of your vehicle was.
Appreciate 0