E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > GeTiNQ 335i Build

08-15-2017, 05:20 AM   #793
Trev88
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320d e90 LCI

Time to come out for a cruise Nic!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 02:46 AM   #794
NeT335
Major
Albania
Rep
Drives: e92 335i M-Sport

Been a long time since I updated this thread.

This will be about my e36. I haven't done shit to my e92 so I really have nothing to say about it as I have only driven it maybe 5 times in the last couple of months. So this post is for the e36 fan boys.

Have been spending a lot of $$$ bringing the e36 to where I can enjoy looking at and driving it, a lot of maintenance has been done to it last I was last on here. It has come a long way.

This is what I have done so far -

New steering wheel which has been re trimmed with fresh leather and m stitching and a replacement airbag as mine looked shit
Custom made leather seat covers in saddle brown with black double stitching which took about 9 weeks to make
Arm rest retrofit
H&R sport cup kit, basically H&R race springs with bilstein b8 struts/shocks with all new top mounts, bump stops etc. Handles like a go kart now
Took the headlights out, opened them up and gave them a good clean, made a big difference to the output. Will be getting hids fitted soon as well
New cam shaft position sensor, coil pack, final stage resistor, cabin filter, fuel filter and washer fluid pump
New ZHP knob
New genuine floor mats
Windscreen cowl and washer jets
So much more smaller things I have replaced like bulbs for the ashtray, clock and light switch which I have noticed no one else's work because most people don't even know they are supposed to light up
Have also got some interior handles in chrome from a 328 highline vert and also the matching door lock pins and e-brake button but haven't fitted them yet, will do that when I remove the door cards again and fix them up. E36 owners will understand what I mean by that haha
Also going to replace the carpet soon as I have a tear in it that is doing my head in and will eventually replace the window mouldings as they look like shit
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
woosh212.00
      02-05-2018, 02:48 AM   #795
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Nice work brah... i think we need to set up a meet
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 02:53 AM   #796
NeT335
Major
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Nice work brah... i think we need to set up a meet
Yeah I know we need another meet for 2018. Been a while
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 04:07 AM   #797
e36mmm
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

Noice.. love em
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 04:57 AM   #798
Hoper
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeT335 View Post

This will be about my e36. I haven't done shit to my e92 so I really have nothing to say about it as I have only driven it maybe 5 times in the last couple of months. So this post is for the e36 fan boys.

Have been spending a lot of $$$ bringing the e36 to where I can enjoy looking at and driving it, a lot of maintenance has been done to it last I was last on here. It has come a long way.

New steering wheel which has been re trimmed with fresh leather and m stitching and a replacement airbag as mine looked shit
Custom made leather seat covers in saddle brown with black double stitching which took about 9 weeks to make
Arm rest retrofit
H&R sport cup kit, basically H&R race springs with bilstein b8 struts/shocks with all new top mounts, bump stops etc. Handles like a go kart now
Took the headlights out, opened them up and gave them a good clean, made a big difference to the output. Will be getting hids fitted soon as well
New cam shaft position sensor, coil pack, final stage resistor, cabin filter, fuel filter and washer fluid pump
New ZHP knob
New genuine floor mats
So much more smaller things I have replaced like bulbs for the ashtray, clock and light switch which I have noticed no one else's work because most people don't even know they are supposed to light up
Have also got some interior handles in chrome from a 328 highline vert and also the matching door lock pins and e-brake button but haven't fitted them yet, will do that when I remove the door cards again and fix them up. E36 owners will understand what I mean by that haha
Also going to replace the carpet soon as I have a tear in it that is doing my head in and will eventually replace the window mouldings as they look like shit
Really nice INQ I'll have to open up my headlights before I put it all back together

I'll put some more details and pics in my e92 build thread in the next couple of weeks when it starts going back together
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 01:46 AM   #799
NeT335
Major
Albania
Rep

Here is something new...

I waited so long for someone to finally make a replacement start button in red
I got myself a lci start switch which was starting to peel like they all do so I scratched it all off and painted it gloss black instead to be a bit different
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 01:49 AM   #800
NeT335
Major
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoper View Post
Quote:

Arm rest retrofit
New ZHP knob
New genuine floor mats
Really nice INQ I'll have to open up my headlights before I put it all back together

I'll put some more details and pics in my e92 build thread in the next couple of weeks when it starts going back together
Thanks mate sorry for the late response. I've been following your restoration on your thread and I have to say good work man. Come and respray mine when you done haha
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 01:52 AM   #801
NeT335
Major
Albania
Rep

Nothing much new for the e36. Just that I found a not bad condition interior to replace my ripped seats with in cream leather
Attached Images

Last edited by NeT335; 05-09-2018 at 04:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 04:24 AM   #802
e36mmm
Major
Rep

We should do a nostalgic photoshoot of the e36 and the e30
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 04:29 AM   #803
NeT335
Major
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36mmm View Post
We should do a nostalgic photoshoot of the e36 and the e30
E36 needs proper detail really bad. When i do it then yeah why not bro
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 08:23 AM   #804
e36mmm
Major
Rep

Yeh bro sounds good. I need to detail mine as well. Only had her for a few weeks. Ordered a bunch of oem goodies from dealer to bring some cosmetic bits up to date. The 335i needs a coolant check as it has a leak on the bottom side of radiator. So my time has been well spent on e30 lately. Already spent a fair bit on oem goodies on the e30 such as new front lip, period correct deep dish wheels, new fog lights and few interior bits like new rear ashtray, seat belt bolt covers and need to re-adjust front ride height.
Here is how she is looking so far.. you can delete the photo afterwards if you like so that build thread remains neat
Appreciate 2
Socket4542.00
      05-10-2018, 05:42 AM   #805
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Here is something new...

I got myself a lci start switch which was starting to peel like they all do so I scratched it all off and painted it gloss black instead to be a bit different
You have great taste Nic lel
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 07:44 AM   #806
scanspeak
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 325i 12/2007

Quote:
Nothing much new for the e36. Just that I found a not bad condition interior to replace my ripped seats with in cream leather
Looks great. Now you just need to dye the door car inserts the same colour.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 07:29 PM   #807
NeT335
Major
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36mmm View Post
Yeh bro sounds good. I need to detail mine as well. Only had her for a few weeks. Ordered a bunch of oem goodies from dealer to bring some cosmetic bits up to date. The 335i needs a coolant check as it has a leak on the bottom side of radiator. So my time has been well spent on e30 lately. Already spent a fair bit on oem goodies on the e30 such as new front lip, period correct deep dish wheels, new fog lights and few interior bits like new rear ashtray, seat belt bolt covers and need to re-adjust front ride height.
Here is how she is looking so far.. you can delete the photo afterwards if you like so that build thread remains neat
Looks clean bro. I did the same with my e36, went to the dealer and ordered new parts that most people wouldn't even order because they not anal like us haha
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 07:31 PM   #808
NeT335
Major
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Here is something new...

You have great taste Nic lel
I only learn from the best sock

Look what else I got

Covers are getting painted to match my color as we speak
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Socket4542.00
      05-10-2018, 07:34 PM   #809
NeT335
Major
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanspeak View Post
Quote:
Looks great. Now you just need to dye the door car inserts the same colour.
Thanks mate. Happy with how it is now as the door inserts don't really bother me that much but if I do come across door cards with matching inserts I will get them otherwise I'm happy either way
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 04:47 AM   #810
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
I only learn from the best sock

Look what else I got

Covers are getting painted to match my color as we speak
wooooo hooooo noice
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 05:24 PM   #811
NeT335
Major
Albania
Rep

Put the mirrors on.
Paint job wasn't so good as he didn't go all the way to the edge of the covers so I can still see white around the outline between the housing and the covers themselves. Not happy but I'll most likely take them off and get him to redo them otherwise I'll just touch them up. I plan on getting carbon replacement covers anyway later on.
Now all I need is the window switch with the folding button and some coding and then I will have auto folding m3 mirrors

Also can see in the pic my hood vents are missing. That's because 1 of them decided to fly off while I took it for a drive last week. So will be getting new genuine vents and painting the trim around them gloss black to match the rest of the gloss black trim on my car
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 06:56 PM   #812
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Put the mirrors on.
Paint job wasn't so good as he didn't go all the way to the edge of the covers so I can still see white around the outline between the housing and the covers themselves. Not happy but I'll most likely take them off and get him to redo them otherwise I'll just touch them up. I plan on getting carbon replacement covers anyway later on.
Now all I need is the window switch with the folding button and some coding and then I will have auto folding m3 mirrors

Also can see in the pic my hood vents are missing. That's because 1 of them decided to fly off while I took it for a drive last week. So will be getting new genuine vents and painting the trim around them gloss black to match the rest of the gloss black trim on my car
looks nice Nic
I need a switch too let me know the part number when you track it down
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 07:32 PM   #813
NeT335
Major
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Put the mirrors on.

looks nice Nic
I need a switch too let me know the part number when you track it down
Here it is 61319217359

The person where I got the mirrors from actually has 2 of them believe it or not. but 1 is in the car sitting outside with the windows open in this weather and has been rained on and all dusty and shit and the other is really filthy and needs to be opened up and cleaned. Tried to charge me around $200 something for that 1 and I told her I don't think so.

I should be going back there on Monday to get the m3 cowl and I'll see if I can get her to do something with price if I get both. Going to try and get them for $50 each if I can
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2018, 02:33 AM   #814
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Here it is 61319217359

The person where I got the mirrors from actually has 2 of them believe it or not. but 1 is in the car sitting outside with the windows open in this weather and has been rained on and all dusty and shit and the other is really filthy and needs to be opened up and cleaned. Tried to charge me around $200 something for that 1 and I told her I don't think so.

I should be going back there on Monday to get the m3 cowl and I'll see if I can get her to do something with price if I get both. Going to try and get them for $50 each if I can
No worries mate
Let me know if you can talk em out of parting with em, I take one if you get em
Appreciate 0