E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > From 335d to e92 m3 build thread.

08-31-2014, 01:17 PM   #683
NJ 1161
Major
Rep
Drives: 335D M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Dan
Are they comfortable? They look it. But I bet they are tricky to get in and out of?
Probably more comfortable than oem!

Had a gt3 set in a Porsche and they hold you snug.

These feel great, not to slim, just right, but will let you know when fitted and properly tested!
      08-31-2014, 01:19 PM   #684
whateva411
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 430d MSport EB

Op any plans to supercharge it at any time?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 01:34 PM   #685
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whateva411
Op any plans to supercharge it at any time?
I've considered it, and on several occasions been close to buying a second hand kit, but just feel for the cash, it's one step to far. 10k plus just seems crazy!
Not dissing the bm but if I was to add 10k I'd sell it and buy an r8, which I'm considering.

I have the remap, primary decat and akrapovic so pushing 450hp, and don't drive it a great deal as is, so can't see the point In the long term.
      08-31-2014, 04:12 PM   #686
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Beautiful Nick. Glad to see you back in action mate.
      09-01-2014, 02:03 AM   #687
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Absolutely 100% beautiful!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 03:47 PM   #688
Martin80k
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ 1161 View Post
I've considered it, and on several occasions been close to buying a second hand kit, but just feel for the cash, it's one step to far. 10k plus just seems crazy!
Not dissing the bm but if I was to add 10k I'd sell it and buy an r8, which I'm considering.

I have the remap, primary decat and akrapovic so pushing 450hp, and don't drive it a great deal as is, so can't see the point In the long term.
i gave you that link which costs 4500k, and as far as i know there is not tax on 2nd hand, and i dont think fitting and remap is another 5000k, maybe 2k max, or even 1...you might fit it yourself...

audi r8, well, not practical....i thought everybody buying an m3 is after practicality, and you can move stuff in e92, you can even sleep there....i was lying there on the folded rear seats stretching to the boot,,,,
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 03:55 PM   #689
Martin80k
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW325iE90 View Post
I like you man. You remind me of me.

Let's ignore the fact I have a 325i soon to be 335i (JB4 with LSD).

Fact is your 335d is a great car. But lets be honest here:

- ...for a start yours sounds shit
- the M3 looks better than yours stock
- and finally it will just drop the panties of the bitches a lot quicker FACT
- It's NOT an M3
NOT SURE HIS BMW M3 LOOKS THAT MUCH BETTER THOUGH....I PLAN TO ADD M3 LOOK SIDE SKIRTS AND WHEEL SPACERS...BUT NOT SURE HOW MANY mm

MINE

VS

Last edited by Martin80k; 09-01-2014 at 04:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #690
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Seriously mate...i know your doing this just for the sake of it and the attention it give you but seriously...you're just being rude now. Show a fellow forum member some respect!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 04:43 PM   #691
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Martin give it a rest mate

STOP DISRESPECTING HIS THREAD! Out of all of us, the OP himself has been very calm and collected with you. Stop testing his and everybody's patience because we don't take that on here. we're a good bunch of guys sharing our passion. Don't need none of your hating comments.

Oh and his M3 looks a world apart from yours, drives faster, sounds sexier and its a V8.

Last edited by AWBimmer; 09-01-2014 at 06:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #692
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin80k View Post
OMG I AM NOT DISRESPECTING ANYONE....I WAS TRYING TO HELP HIM ACTUALLY...

and btw, i dont think that chicks see that much of a difference between two cars....
Help him? With what? Unless I'm wrong, he hasn't asked for your expert opinion LOL. Posting a comparison picture of your car v his car isn't helping mate, it's only making you look stupid. But please, continue..
      09-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #693
Martin80k
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Martin give it a rest you.

STOP DISRESPECTING HIS THREAD! Out of all of us, the OP himself has been very calm and collected with you. Stop testing his and everybody's patience because we don't take that on here. we're a good bunch of guys sharing our passion. Don't need none of your hating comments.

Oh and his M3 looks a world apart from yours, drives faster, sounds sexier and its a V8.
OMG I AM NOT DISRESPECTING ANYONE I AM JUST A LITTLE JEALOUS, I CANNOT AFFORD FILLING UP A BMW M3, BUT AT THE SAME TIME, I DON'T LIKE IT, COZ I AM READING ALL OVER THE PLACE IT IS WEAK, HAS WEAK PULL AT LOW REVS, SO I BASICALLY SEE THE CAR AS A PRETENTIOUS....OR, IF I AM WRONG, ANSWER MY QUESTION:
WHICH OF THE TWO CARS PUSH YOU BACK TO THE SEAT MORE BY THE FULL PUSH DOWN ON A GAS PEDAL?? I STILL THINK THE TORQUEY 335D does it more, doesn't it?

and btw, i dont think that chicks see that much of a difference between those two cars and it's all that matters to me anyway

PS: MAYBE YOU ARE A LITTLE ENVIOUS TOO, COZ MY CAR LOOKS MILES BETTER THAN YOURS, BTW...EVEN THOUGH YOU ALSO SPORT THAT AERO SPOILER AS I CAN SEE

Last edited by Martin80k; 09-01-2014 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 06:01 PM   #694
Martin80k
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Help him? With what? Unless I'm wrong, he hasn't asked for your expert opinion LOL. Posting a comparison picture of your car v his car isn't helping mate, it's only making you look stupid. But please, continue..
I GAVE HIM A LINK ON THAT SECOND HAND SUPERCHARGER.....THAT'S HELPFUL IN MY OPINION....
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 06:01 PM   #695
idnan
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 335i

Quote:

PS: MAYBE YOU ARE A LITTLE ENVIOUS TOO, COZ MY CAR LOOKS MILES BETTER THAN YOURS, BTW...
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #696
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
OMG I AM NOT DISRESPECTING ANYONE I AM JUST A LITTLE JEALOUS, I CANNOT AFFORD FILLING UP A BMW M3, BUT AT THE SAME TIME, I DON'T LIKE IT, COZ I AM READING ALL OVER THE PLACE IT IS WEAK, HAS WEAK PULL AT LOW REVS, SO I BASICALLY SEE THE CAR AS A PRETENTIOUS....OR, IF I AM WRONG,
You are wrong. You're jealous??.. so you post a picture of your own car on someone else's thread to try and make yourself feel better or let the people see what your car looks like?

Quote:
ANSWER MY QUESTION:
Ok sure...
Quote:
WHICH OF THE TWO CARS PUSH YOU BACK TO THE SEAT MORE BY THE FULL PUSH DOWN ON A GAS PEDAL?? I STILL THINK THE TORQUEY 335D does it more, doesn't it?
I still don't remember anybody asking YOU personally on here how YOU feel about your 335D or the M3.. you're speaking as if somebody actually gives a fuck about your thoughts on this subject LOL. I'm just pissed at you for taking over OP's thread, askin obnoxious questions, making willy nilly statements and now posting your picture like you own the thread when infact you are the most annoying person I've come across in my 4 years of being on here.

Quote:
and btw, i dont think that chicks see that much of a difference between those two cars and it's all that matters to me anyway
LOL, get your head out your arse mate. The chics will definitely see a difference between your car and This gorgeous M3. I cannot be biased as I have a 335D but sometimes you should learn to appreciate the work of others instead of trying to give advice.

Judging by your 'taste' and OP's, it's clear where my vote would go and I'm sure I speak on behalf of 99% of the population. NOT BECAUSE IT'S AN M3...but because of the select and tasteful modifications OP's done.

Quote:
PS: MAYBE YOU ARE A LITTLE ENVIOUS TOO, COZ MY CAR LOOKS MILES BETTER THAN YOURS, BTW...
      09-02-2014, 11:45 AM   #697
E92Dan
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330d

Just ignore him, do not reply and he will get bored
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 12:54 PM   #698
oliver51090
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3 Carbon

Guys, guys his car is awesome don't worry everything this genius says is true. 335D is so great bmw are scrapping the m4. Whatever he says is right cant we all see that?

On another note his 335d is clearly the best BMW I have seen.

OP the car looks fantastic, I drove an M the other day and fell in love planning to get one next year for end of summer. Fantastic car so poised and balanced. Really shows the imperfections in my car! Keep hold of it and mod till you can not mod no more. Have you thought about making the arm rest alcantara?

P.S. Martin 4500k is 4.5 million a K means a thousand add a thousand to 4500 and you get 4500000. Laugh out loud (so funny had to spell it out for the poor guy, bless his cotton socks)
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 02:28 PM   #699
Martin80k
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver51090 View Post
Guys, guys his car is awesome don't worry everything this genius says is true. 335D is so great bmw are scrapping the m4. Whatever he says is right cant we all see that?

On another note his 335d is clearly the best BMW I have seen.

OP the car looks fantastic, I drove an M the other day and fell in love planning to get one next year for end of summer. Fantastic car so poised and balanced. Really shows the imperfections in my car! Keep hold of it and mod till you can not mod no more. Have you thought about making the arm rest alcantara?

P.S. Martin 4500k is 4.5 million a K means a thousand add a thousand to 4500 and you get 4500000. Laugh out loud (so funny had to spell it out for the poor guy, bless his cotton socks)

thanks mate....so why don't you get a 335d then, but you go for M3? are you ready filling up the tank twice as often as you do now?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 02:47 PM   #700
oliver51090
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
thanks mate....so why don't you get a 335d then, but you go for M3? are you ready filling up the tank twice as often as you do now?
lol...sarcasm clearly flew over your head, or are you trolling?

To be honest, I don't like diesel cars, I don't like the noise the limited revs the fact that they run out of puff once boost ends. They are gruff and just not for me. The torque is fun and makes you feel like you are going way faster than you are. The wonderful thing about us humans though is we can have a difference of opinion and that is what makes us unique.

My car is getting 18mpg a lot worse than it should I have never known the joys of good economy, so im not fussed about filling up etc. Im only young ive just graduated from university so if I want a silly money burning car why not do it now?

Also M cars are the pinnacle of the model, they take the chassis and fine tune it. Everything is uprated, its the car at its upmost peak. Modding a 335D will still leave a bit of emptiness sure you can make it fast in a straight line, but that's no fun. If you want that get a muscle car. For me its how it handles in turns, is it controllable. Does it skip and bounce when going fast over bad surfaces if so its not for me. I like precision, I like a character and I want an 8 cylinder engine lol. I want that raucous engine note. M cars deliver what I want and more the looks are muscular but subtle at the same time, they handle with precision and round country roads you'd be hard pressed to find much else better for the price stock. They are just great cars. The fact your so dismissive of the M3 and so pro the 335D boggles my mind. BMW are renowned for their M cars and its what made them have the title ultimate driving machine. If you are a BMW fan and you want the best drive surely an M car should be your goal? The 335D is probably an amazing car ive never driven one and don't intend to. But to say that it is better than the M is silly and why would BMW cannibalise their model range like that?

Anyway we are all hijacking the OP's thread, I for one love cosmetic mods, and I wouldn't do power mods to a car like that, I think the OP is right on track to making the best looking E92 ive seen. Can't wait for any updates. If you disagree cool that's you and that's wonderful, but don't have a go if you want more information he's not willing to divulge PM him or something. Lastly, personally I wouldn't do a power mod to an m3 because the M division made that engine that way and tuned that chassis that way, what makes you think you can make it better without compromises here and there? with a bolt on supercharger kit?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 03:03 PM   #701
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver51090
Have you thought about making the arm rest alcantara?
Hi, yes was planning to retrim the centre armrest but now thinking I'm just going to put the nappa leather non sliding one back in so all matching. Car has fresh mot today

and the oem seats are out in prep for the recaro poles.
      09-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #702
oliver51090
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ 1161 View Post
Hi, yes was planning to retrim the centre armrest but now thinking I'm just going to put the nappa leather non sliding one back in so all matching. Car has fresh mot today and the oem seats are out in prep for the recaro poles.
yeah I dislike the sliding armrest and miss the one from my E46. Think the alcantara would look good though go with the theme.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 03:13 PM   #703
rufnekfatboy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport Conv

NJ, just to let you know picked up that stuff for you today , will post tomorrow so you got it for the weekend mate...
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 03:17 PM   #704
NJ 1161
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufnekfatboy
NJ, just to let you know picked up that stuff for you today , will post tomorrow so you got it for the weekend mate...
Thanks my man.