E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Angel Eye Comparisons

02-23-2015, 09:29 AM   #1013
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumE90 View Post
Just installed the LUX V6 on my 2007 E90. Waaay better than Stock!
They look so much brighter from the pictures! Glad your happy
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 08:40 AM   #1014
phubar
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 Vert

I have tried pretty much every single bulb out there, Id like to experiment with some new bulbs, anybody have any experience with these (wont post links out of respect for vendors but PM me if interested and I'll send you the links, hint: alibaba).

Some claim "4000" lumens and "120w power", probably all bogus claims but with they seem to have a more focused beam, which might help push light thru the rods.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 11:47 AM   #1015
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by phubar View Post
I have tried pretty much every single bulb out there, Id like to experiment with some new bulbs, anybody have any experience with these (wont post links out of respect for vendors but PM me if interested and I'll send you the links, hint: alibaba).

Some claim "4000" lumens and "120w power", probably all bogus claims but with they seem to have a more focused beam, which might help push light thru the rods.
I see several problems.

These will likely not be error free as they don't have large resistors and heat sinks. They may work with coding.

These are typically used in headlight or fog light applications and not specific for BMW's.

Also the downside to only two sets of LED is there is a high probability they won't portray the light through the rings.

The specific angle for the 3 series is different then other BMW models so where they might fit perfectly for one car they may be slightly off on another resulting in loss of output.

That is why most parties went to a spread of 4 LED Pockets so they can ensure the spread of light evenly between all the models. Lights specifically intended for BMW angel eyes are different then standard H8 LED upgrades.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 11:54 AM   #1016
shutterbug67
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335i sport

Any solutions for a pre-LCI 2006 e91 wagon with Halogens?

Any solutions for a pre-LCI 2006 e91 wagon with Halogens? I have spent all this time reading these 47 pages of stuff and saw numerous people ask what is available for the pre-lci cars and none of them got responses or answers... I just tried the DEPO V2 assemblies, which I loved... however they would fog up every time I would drive the car. So now I am having them taken out to send them back to the person I bought them from on ebay. Also thru this process, I have learned that my car is supposedly not codeable to take out the yellow/orange corner blinkers. What options are there out there for me??? I really would like to be able to run just the rings for DRLs. So... I am still confused as hell. I am putting my stock halogens back in tonight. :-( I am not really interested in going xenon/hid, just want to have the LED rings/halos and I will just run some kind of superwhite halogen bulbs. Cant really send my oem assemblies to OSS cause I need my car for a daily driver. But I also don't want to have to worry about the condenation or fogging problem that I had with the DEPOs and btw, this was not due to rain or washing car, just colder temps here in Georgia, however it got progressively worse. It almost seemed if they were putting off too much heat inside. I dont know why else they would be fogging up.

Should I try finding some like new or new OEM assemblies and have someone modify them? Been searching and reading to no end... there has to be some kind of solution... HELP!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 12:13 PM   #1017
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
I see several problems.

These will likely not be error free as they don't have large resistors and heat sinks. They may work with coding.

These are typically used in headlight or fog light applications and not specific for BMW's.

Also the downside to only two sets of LED is there is a high probability they won't portray the light through the rings.

The specific angle for the 3 series is different then other BMW models so where they might fit perfectly for one car they may be slightly off on another resulting in loss of output.

That is why most parties went to a spread of 4 LED Pockets so they can ensure the spread of light evenly between all the models. Lights specifically intended for BMW angel eyes are different then standard H8 LED upgrades.
+1 to everything said here. Most importantly is the last aspect about the angel of the LED's focusing the light into the rings. LUX was the company to come up with this design of using the 4 faces for the LED's and this is now widely accepted as the standard because it proves to be the most effective.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 04:00 PM   #1018
ferocity02
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Passenger side: Lux V6
Driver side: MTEC V4

2013 135is DCT Carbon Black Metallic

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 11:30 PM   #1019
Team503
Nerd
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Sport/Auto/Luxury

Okay, I know it's a lame question, but is there any kind of consensus on the brightest, most reliable error-free angel-eyes? My group buy LEDs are burning out on the driver's side, and I don't mind dropping a few bills if I can reasonably expect a few years of super-bright angel eyes...

09 E92, by the way.
      03-01-2015, 11:28 AM   #1020
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i MSport

Mtec V4 on left, Xtreme Powerhouse on right:

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 11:43 AM   #1021
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team503 View Post
Okay, I know it's a lame question, but is there any kind of consensus on the brightest, most reliable error-free angel-eyes? My group buy LEDs are burning out on the driver's side, and I don't mind dropping a few bills if I can reasonably expect a few years of super-bright angel eyes...

09 E92, by the way.
you cant go wrong with our lights. We have been designing angel eyes for around 9 years and always have been the leader with new innovations and technologies as well. Let me know if you have any questions
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 01:49 PM   #1022
Luis_JR
Rep
Drives: 09 bmw 328i xdrive

This is gonna sound really dumb and I'm sorry in advanced, but I am trying to get an OSS hid kit and I'm trying to find it online but I'm having no luck, can anyone help me out?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 01:22 PM   #1023
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep

I'm selling my brand new XPH angel eyes if anyone is interested just PM me! For PreLci E90
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 02:02 PM   #1024
shutterbug67
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanks21 View Post
I'm selling my brand new XPH angel eyes if anyone is interested just PM me! For PreLci E90
Could you post or send me some pics? what is XPH?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 12:45 PM   #1025
PDX-335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanks21 View Post
Mtec V4 on left, Xtreme Powerhouse on right:

What wattage XPH bulbs are those on the right?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 04:18 PM   #1026
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX-335i View Post
What wattage XPH bulbs are those on the right?
40 total according to their site

http://www.x-ph.com/extreme-power-ho...d-e90-pre-lci/
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 06:15 PM   #1027
jskin1510
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335xi

Figured I'd post these here, hopefully it'll help someone looking to buy some budget bulbs. These are from the link below. description GP Thunder 7000k (even though they don't have any bluish color to them) about $45 on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Bright-7...e90+angel+eyes

About an hr or 2 before dark facing away from the sun:

almost dark/dark enough:

03-05-2015, 07:36 PM   #1028
phubar
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 Vert

gp thunders with voltage coding is also another option im considering, thanks for the pics
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 08:44 PM   #1029
chmsalman
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535i x-drive

Anyone still making HID angel eye kits?

I'm in the market for new angel eyes and don't want to go through the trouble of sending my headlights to anyone for an OSS-like mod (in Canada). After doing a lot of research I've found that the HID angel eye kits are the brightest by far and are very visible during the day which is what I'm looking for.

Heard a lot of great things about Lux and Mtec but if I'm paying close to 250CAD for lights, I would like them to be visible in direct sunlight enough to catch some positive attention! Not to mention that I'd probably have to order from the states and would pay even more for customs, etc.

Alpine used to make HID kits but it seems like they aren't active on the forums anymore and I'd rather not go through the trouble of slow/no customer service if things go wrong.

What do you guys suggest? I have a 2011 E90 with Xenon.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 09:57 PM   #1030
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmsalman View Post
I'm in the market for new angel eyes and don't want to go through the trouble of sending my headlights to anyone for an OSS-like mod (in Canada). After doing a lot of research I've found that the HID angel eye kits are the brightest by far and are very visible during the day which is what I'm looking for.

Heard a lot of great things about Lux and Mtec but if I'm paying close to 250CAD for lights, I would like them to be visible in direct sunlight enough to catch some positive attention! Not to mention that I'd probably have to order from the states and would pay even more for customs, etc.

Alpine used to make HID kits but it seems like they aren't active on the forums anymore and I'd rather not go through the trouble of slow/no customer service if things go wrong.

What do you guys suggest? I have a 2011 E90 with Xenon.
Some HID angel eyes were very dangerous and caused the inside of the headlights to turn yellow because of UV light being generated, so i would recommend not to use those.

We can guarantee that our lights will be clearly be visible in the daytime. We can also offer a 100% money back guarantee within the first 60 days if you are not happy with these. If you want to spend some time roaming through the forums you will find that we have st the industry benchmark with the lights. Here is 1 quick picture of these lights installed and is a very accurate representation of what they look like in person.

This picture is of the LUX H8 V5 Angel Eyes
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 11:52 PM   #1031
chmsalman
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
Some HID angel eyes were very dangerous and caused the inside of the headlights to turn yellow because of UV light being generated, so i would recommend not to use those.

We can guarantee that our lights will be clearly be visible in the daytime. We can also offer a 100% money back guarantee within the first 60 days if you are not happy with these. If you want to spend some time roaming through the forums you will find that we have st the industry benchmark with the lights. Here is 1 quick picture of these lights installed and is a very accurate representation of what they look like in person.

This picture is of the LUX H8 V5 Angel Eyes
I agree those are very bright, and you have a great name on the forums and exceptional service. The only issue is that with shipping these would cost me 260USD which translates to 330CAD (because our Dollar is worth sh*t right now). That is without taxes and customs. The total would easily come to about $400 for these shipped to my place! Being a medical student that would mean I'd have to go hungry for 3 weeks hahahaha.

Maybe something to consider for the future, or hopefully find a good deal on the classifieds
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 08:17 AM   #1032
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmsalman View Post
I agree those are very bright, and you have a great name on the forums and exceptional service. The only issue is that with shipping these would cost me 260USD which translates to 330CAD (because our Dollar is worth sh*t right now). That is without taxes and customs. The total would easily come to about $400 for these shipped to my place! Being a medical student that would mean I'd have to go hungry for 3 weeks hahahaha.

Maybe something to consider for the future, or hopefully find a good deal on the classifieds
I forgot to mention that we have a vendor in Canada also - Bimmian.com They might be able to get these to you for less.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #1033
rogerdiaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Any comments or pictures on DTEC H8 V10 vs. LUX H8 V5?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 12:16 PM   #1034
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Just wanted to post 1 quick picture that speaks for itself:

Appreciate 0