E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > road force balace shop in central jersey

08-16-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
linlaoboo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi 6MT

road force balace shop in central jersey

Hi, I'm sick and tired of not getting my car's problems fixed by the stealer under cpo warranty and not going to be a sucker paying them for any services if I don't have to. I'm having highway shimmies with my conti rfts with still good treads left. Dealer balanced them to no avail and said they were warping and makes some warping noise. Long story short does anyone know any good road force balance places in NJ? If I buy non-RFTs can I get just a pair for the front only? Thanks!
      09-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
linlaoboo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi 6MT

just fyi don't go to all tires in greenbrook their road force balance didn't spit out any data for me and the steering wheel still vibrates. On top of that the store manager is a lier. Upselling everything whenever he can. He tried to get me agree to an alignment. I told him the car tracks straight the steering wheel is dead center and he said it doesn't mean anything and pointed at all my tires saying they're all worn un-evenly but fails to explain where. I just smell alot of BS and he simply told me lets just do an alignment check and we'll go from there. I asked is the check free, he sais we'll do it for free. When they came out with the alignment check print out showing toes slightly out and right rear camber slightly off, I decided not to have it done. He then marked $39.95 alignment check fee on the paper and lies straight to my face saying he told me it'd be free if I'm going to get an alignment. I stood my ground saying he did not say that and he gave up saying oh I'll give it to you free then. . .like he's doing me a big favor. He also over charged me on oil change and the road force balance including $8 for each weight that goes on the rims. What a messed up shop with thieves in there. Be aware of getting robbed.
      09-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #3
bigwong
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cayman S

It would be helpful if you said where you're looking. You can also go to Tire Rack website and check out their recommended installers. They mention if they have the Hunter Road Balance machine.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2010, 07:32 PM   #4
bigwong
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cayman S

Sorry, just noticed you said Central Jersey. I've used The Front End Shop in Farmingdale. I've also used one of the recommended installers in Old Bridge, American Tire or something like that. There's also Bodymotion in Oakhurst, a performance shop.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #5
ultimateendz
Vengeance is mine, I shall repay
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3, CTS-V coupe

custom car toys and detailing has one. Tell Ralph Dan with the white vert sent u