E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > List of 335i upgrades

05-29-2013, 06:11 AM   #1
CoolGuyNilo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E93 335i - Few bolt ons

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
List of 335i upgrades

I have a completely stock 335i e93 and I'm wondering what upgrades would put it at its peak performance while still being a daily driver .
So far I know of :
Jb4
Intercooler
Exhaust
Bov
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 06:20 AM   #2
AndyR83
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i FBO

A tune of some sort, as you mentioned (JB4 is one)

Dual cone intake. There's a bunch, and I don't think there is much difference between them besides price and appearance.

Downpipes. Many choices here. The rest of the exhaust system doesn't add too much in the way of performance.

Intercooler or "FMIC." Lots of choices here too. Not really needed until you're running higher boost levels like you will be with a more aggressive tune.

BOV doesn't really do anything for performance. That's mostly just something you get if you like the sound.

There's also Methanol, which is another type of fuel that gets mixed in with your gasoline to create higher octane. When tuned for this, your car can take advantage of the extra octane.

Other things I didn't see in your list are suspension mods, limited slip differential ("LSD") and brake upgrades. If you've got money to burn, there's always turbo upgrades but they're quite pricey.
Appreciate 0