E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth and Overhead console

02-27-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
jlc1978
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Red e90

Bluetooth and Overhead console

Quick question:

I installed a TCU (used - but I know it works because I put it into an 07 e90 with the factory option and it worked just fine when I swapped my TCU for the factory installed TCU*) and replace the upper console with one with the SOS button and mike. Rewired MOST.

So here's my question - I assume all I need to do is get the factory to program the radio for the new TCU; or can the mike be put in a non-SOS console? The reason I asked in my SA said a used TCU may not require programming but the combo I put in appears to need it. So I was wondering if there was anything in the overhead console that impacts the operation.

Thanks

* - A simple swap resulted in a working BT setup in the factory equipped car - complete with BT connectivity for whoever owned the TCU I bought; and my iPhone synched just fine as well. This leads me to believe the FZD is programmed to the car; not the TCU. Which would mean my replacement FZD (also a used pull) needs to be programmed to my car. Of course, the factory equipped is an 02/07 build and mine is an 07/07 build; which given BMW's propensity to switch stuff around may add a new wrinkle as well.

Last edited by jlc1978; 02-27-2011 at 06:58 PM..
Appreciate 0