E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vishnu Flexfuel -Where is my DME? No one has any answers.(UPDATE- MISCOMMUNICATION)

10-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
KaiserN54
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I

Red face Vishnu Flexfuel -Where is my DME? No one has any answers.(UPDATE- MISCOMMUNICATION)

As of this morning, this was my problem:

"Well, I sent my DME to Vishnu on Tuesday, and should have it back tommorrow. However, this may be without the flexfuel sensor....as they say they are waiting for some parts to come in. So I've paid the $800 price, but so far am only getting the $100 product. Oh well.:sigh:"

I needed my car back on the road because it was at a shop that is closing next week to attend a convention. That made it seem like no DME on Friday= No car until the week of the 14th.

I spent the day pissed off because not only was it unclear as to whether the DME had shipped, but the one time I was able to get a live person-Robert- he did not know and said he would have to find out from Shiv. This was at 11AM. I tried calling again at 2:30. The rest of the day- voicemail only, no answers.

Finally a fellow forum user saw my post and gave me Shiv's cell. Shiv answered, and sure enough he was enroute to drop off my- and everyone elses- DME and/or Flex Fuel kits. There was a miscommunication in that not only did I call Robert yesterday to make sure that, at the very least the DME was shipped before the weekend, but even called me back urgently needing my CC info to make sure Shiv had it before he left for FFTEC.

I also found out that at the very least, the front office for my shop would be minimally staffed for half of next week. So in the end, crisis averted, and I am really looking forward to getting the car back on the road--especially given the fact that it has brand new turbos on it.

So while I am updating this post to say yes, the matter is resolved, and yes, from California to Ohio- I was out the car from Tuesday to, well, Monday, my experience was not perfect and Shiv isn't just doing a friend a favor- I am a paying customer.

All in all it just sounds like Shiv is overworked trying to get this new product to market but clearer communications and clearer expectation setting would have helped 100% here.

I am certain the kinks will be worked out as this process continues, and Shiv seemed genuinely apologetic for what happened. And admittedly I am tad anxious and inpatient lately because I am an expectant father to an overdue baby. (wife was due on 10/01) Honestly I can get by fine without the car this weekend as we do have other cars. In fact I planned for the car being out this week as I was supposed to be home all this week based on the baby being a priority at the moment. (or so I thought at the time) My beef was that I really went out of my way- paying extra for 10am delivery to them, verifying receipt immediately, and impressing upon them that I would accept the DME w/o the flex fuel equipment if need be to get the car up and running- all because I thought it meant being out of the car for so long.

Last edited by KaiserN54; 10-05-2012 at 08:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Howdy-- flexfuel kits just started shipping today. Been full steam ahead on final calibration development for the last week which is probably why I haven't been present on the forum much. So far, all flexfuel users have been locals who got installed at the shop. Maps and firmware will be posted up by the time people get the goods in the mail
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
KaiserN54
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Howdy-- flexfuel kits just started shipping today. Been full steam ahead on final calibration development for the last week which is probably why I haven't been present on the forum much. So far, all flexfuel users have been locals who got installed at the shop. Maps and firmware will be posted up by the time people get the goods in the mail
I see my package is only 3 pounds...so is it with, or without the sensor? (just wondering)
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
drewmeyer87
Chump
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

"only 3 pounds" How heavy do you think a sensor is? haha...
      10-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
pinky_and_me
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N54 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmeyer87 View Post
My DME well packed was close to 4lb so with the sensor and fuel lines it should be at least 5. They might have mistyped the weight when they printed the label.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #6
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmeyer87
Well there is a bracket...
      10-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #7
KaiserN54
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky_and_me View Post
My DME well packed was close to 4lb so with the sensor and fuel lines it should be at least 5. They might have mistyped the weight when they printed the label.
I hope so. Problem is I sent my DME along with my procede and wiring harness because I wanted some stuff checked out. So three pounds seems...light.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #8
ragingpanda
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

Vishnu customer service at its finest...

I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #9
pinto
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Waiting my DME and the kit since two weeks...
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #10
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Man, you guys are sucking the life out of my day! Have the shop put your car in the parking lot and call Robert rather than wining to the world about your shortcomings. You do know it's not even 7am PST. Call Robert in a couple of hours and get the status of your shipping if UPS hasn't updated. Hopefully UPS dropped the ball and their tracking system is down for web updates, which happens. Shit happens, get over it, that's life. Sorry if I seem a little short with your approach to crying wolf, but get a life man.

I've had my kit installed for over a month now and absolutely love it and can tell you that the only other issue you could have is your LPFP can't keep up with your car if you run high Ethanol % and are FBO... So if you didn't get your order in with Robert for the LPFP booster, do so.... Save your self some time so we don't have to hear you bitch'n about how sucky your day is anymore. LOL

BTW, sorry for being a pin head about this. Nothing personal. Hope you get things hooked up and everything works as it should. You'll enjoy the fact that you can see the actual % of Ethanol. When you get the kit installed, and you need any advice shoot me a PM. I've been playing with timing and boost. I'm hitting 21 psi and timing from 10 to 16 deg without drops. Car pull like no tomorrow with 500+ ftlbs at 4k.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #11
Fully_Bolted
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
Man, you guys are sucking the life out of my day! Have the shop put your car in the parking lot and call Robert rather than wining to the world about your shortcomings. You do know it's not even 7am PST. Call Robert in a couple of hours and get the status of your shipping if UPS hasn't updated. Hopefully UPS dropped the ball and their tracking system is down for web updates, which happens. Shit happens, get over it, that's life. Sorry if I seem a little short with your approach to crying wolf, but get a life man.

I've had my kit installed for over a month now and absolutely love it and can tell you that the only other issue you could have is your LPFP can't keep up with your car if you run high Ethanol % and are FBO... So if you didn't get your order in with Robert for the LPFP booster, do so.... Save your self some time so we don't have to hear you bitch'n about how sucky your day is anymore. LOL

BTW, sorry for being a pin head about this. Nothing personal. Hope you get things hooked up and everything works as it should. You'll enjoy the fact that you can see the actual % of Ethanol. When you get the kit installed, and you need any advice shoot me a PM. I've been playing with timing and boost. I'm hitting 21 psi and timing from 10 to 16 deg without drops. Car pull like no tomorrow with 500+ ftlbs at 4k.
You're pushing 21 psi on stock turbo's? You dont like your turbo's do you....
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #12
KaiserN54
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

My shortcomings? Where am I at fault in any of this?

I am completely aware that it is only 7am over there- but I wanted to get my aggravation out. Whats the harm in that? It's not like i'm sitting here dropping F bombs and cursing Vishnu's existance. Having the shop put my car in the parking lot won't help, because it is gated.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #13
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep

haha, nope!!! They suck... After riding in a couple of single turbo cars I can't wait to blow them off the side of my engine. 21 is peak and drops off to about 16 at redline.

I actually dropped my car off yesterday at the dealer to see if they'll replace them. Apparently my vin hasn't hit the recall yet, so they are seeing if BMW will approve them under CPO, otherwise I'll have to wait for the vin pool to grow. If I get them replaced, I'll have a nice set to put back on the car if I sell it in the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully_Bolted View Post
You're pushing 21 psi on stock turbo's? You dont like your turbo's do you....
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #14
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

Not ideal, but another solution is use your roadside or AAA to tow your car home, do u can hopefully get Saturday Delivery?
2007 E92 6MT SGM: MusicarNW Level 2, Procede Rev 2.5, FFTEC/Vishnu LPFP with Flexfuel Sensor and Flash, M3 Offset V701's, WaveTrac LSD, Michelin PSS, Downpipes, M3 Control Arms, TCKline D/A Suspension, LCI Tail lights, Lux AE's, ER Charge Pipe, DCI's, Mtech Front and Rear, M3 Sideskirts, HPF Stage 1 Clutch
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #15
Fully_Bolted
Banned
Rep

Quote:
haha, nope!!! They suck... After riding in a couple of single turbo cars I can't wait to blow them off the side of my engine. 21 is peak and drops off to about 16 at redline.

I actually dropped my car off yesterday at the dealer to see if they'll replace them. Apparently my vin hasn't hit the recall yet, so they are seeing if BMW will approve them under CPO, otherwise I'll have to wait for the vin pool to grow. If I get them replaced, I'll have a nice set to put back on the car if I sell it in the future...
Try calling BMWNA with your VIN. I just had mine replaced at the dealer, Feb '07 Build. Walked out paying $25.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #16
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep

I'm sure the shop has a truck, have them drop the car at your house. Just explain to them your situation and I'm sure they will be willing to accommodate you considering. Trust me, I understand your frustration. Dropping F bombs is no way to get the situation resolved. At this point it doesn't matter who's at fault, you just need to make sure you get your car out of the shop so you're not stuck without a car next week. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomos319 View Post
My shortcomings? Where am I at fault in any of this?

I am completely aware that it is only 7am over there- but I wanted to get my aggravation out. Whats the harm in that? It's not like i'm sitting here dropping F bombs and cursing Vishnu's existance. Having the shop put my car in the parking lot won't help, because it is gated.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #17
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep

Nice... I'm sure the dealer will do everything they can to get it covered. They want the money for the work as much as I want a fresh set of turbos for Shift S3ctor. If not, I'll be on the phone with BMWNA...

Sorry for the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully_Bolted View Post
Try calling BMWNA with your VIN. I just had mine replaced at the dealer, Feb '07 Build. Walked out paying $25.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #18
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Quote:

I'm with you. I always go back to the vendor to get an explanation before putting them on blast. Also, sometimes UPS doesn't update on the day an item is dropped off. I've seen it happen before.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #19
pinky_and_me
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N54 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
I'm with you. I always go back to the vendor to get an explanation before putting them on blast. Also, sometimes UPS doesn't update on the day an item is dropped off. I've seen it happen before.
And they probably issued another tracking number for the overnight shipment but were too busy to send it out. Not easy entering emails at the counter
I'm waiting for mine as well and I'm hoping for the above
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #20
KaiserN54
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Nice... I'm sure the dealer will do everything they can to get it covered. They want the money for the work as much as I want a fresh set of turbos for Shift S3ctor. If not, I'll be on the phone with BMWNA...

Sorry for the
I've got brand new turbos with less than 100 miles on them...so I know how you feel.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #21
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Damn, sucks OP. car is essentially crippled without the DME.
      10-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #22
M3_Dylan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Sorry OP, but this thread makes me happy I backed out of the pre-order process

Appreciate 0