E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Help Xmas + Window Tinting

12-24-2005, 12:01 PM   #1
cdheaven
I'm Starving , So I Guess You Are What You Eat
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Help Xmas + Window Tinting

My girlfriend wants her new Mini tinted for xmas. Im not creative enough to steal the car and get it tinted, our schedules are waaay to hectic for this.
So i wrote her an I.O.U. that says i will get her windows tinted after xmas. but that kinda sucks. i only get her 3 or 4 small things, plus like a 150 dollar window tinting, PLUS a 200 ipod interface for her car. that hasnt been installed yet. so now, on dec 24, im realizing her xmas opening might be kinda disappointing.
I have a few questions.
1. any advice about this situation would be nice.
2. are there places that come to your work and tint your car, like in the parking lot, or do people only tint inside tint bays. if there ARE "we travel to you" tint places, can you guys think of cons to doing it this way?
3. Does anyone happen to know a good tint place in south florida.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 12:13 AM   #2
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdheaven View Post
My girlfriend wants her new Mini tinted for xmas. Im not creative enough to steal the car and get it tinted, our schedules are waaay to hectic for this.
So i wrote her an I.O.U. that says i will get her windows tinted after xmas. but that kinda sucks. i only get her 3 or 4 small things, plus like a 150 dollar window tinting, PLUS a 200 ipod interface for her car. that hasnt been installed yet. so now, on dec 24, im realizing her xmas opening might be kinda disappointing.
I have a few questions.
1. any advice about this situation would be nice.
2. are there places that come to your work and tint your car, like in the parking lot, or do people only tint inside tint bays. if there ARE "we travel to you" tint places, can you guys think of cons to doing it this way?
3. Does anyone happen to know a good tint place in south florida.
Go shopping with her, then take the car while she's shopping. She won't even know you're gone. BTW, Bimmer_Loyalist lives in Ft. Lauderdale, maybe he knows a good tinter. Good luck and Merry Christmas!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anmcguire View Post
Go shopping with her, then take the car while she's shopping. She won't even know you're gone. BTW, Bimmer_Loyalist lives in Ft. Lauderdale, maybe he knows a good tinter. Good luck and Merry Christmas!!!
thats a good idea lol

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 02:22 PM   #4
Krueger///M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 HPF 2.5, 2008 M3 (Sold)

Garage List
2002 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anmcguire View Post
You do realize this thread is 3 years old, correct?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 02:23 PM   #5
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krueger///M3 View Post
You do realize this thread is 3 years old, correct?
sssshhhhh.... it's a secret.
Appreciate 0