E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > trying to upgrade

07-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
DMM8
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i

trying to upgrade

hey guys, very new here! can anyone recommend any shops around sd or la for parts/lights. i have a 2007 328i fully stock..but ive been on e90post for a while and never really had the chance to mod. now is the time! thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 04:27 AM   #2
iczz
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90 / F10 / F80

I can offer spoilers, splitters, cf emblems and simota cb2 intake at very good price
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #3
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

You've joined the right forum ! Lol if you don't mind used parts, the for sale section on this thread is amazing. I hear LTMW is amazing as custom work if you're willing to spend a pretty penny. Somethings can be DIY projects that'll make your car look just that much nicer (such as black grills whether gloss or matte shine, getting air scoops and painting them a custom color, and performance mods such as charcoal delete on the stock airbox with a drop in filter from k&n or afe, and clutch deay valve [if you are manual that is], and many more.)
Here's a little list of a few local SoCal shops:

LTMW in El Monte (customization master hands down! Builds everything from race cars to show cars! Full service shop. The owner can get any part you want, if he can't, he'll make it himself! The ultimate customization shop. Everything from oil changes to retrofitting and custom bumper making.)

Mod bargains in La Habra (sells parts mostly. I haven't seen any race builds from them)

Gsr Autosport in Lakeforest (sells parts but mostly a race shop with many race builds. The owner mike essa competed in formula with the bmw 350r and currently is using the bmw z4)

EAS (european auto source) in anaheim (full service shop as well like ltmw. Sells parts and even has a dyno in house to test how much power your car is whipping out as well as corner balancing for coilovers with dampering adjustments. Builds many race cars as well as some show cars.)

There are many more but these are all that come to mind at the moment. I believe all of these shops host meets and bbqs a few times a year also so come out to a few and get into the scene more and figure out what new mods you might want and a few you might not want.
Keep checking around the forums, the workers of these shops are always around the forums to answer questions and take orders from members/ customers.
BTW, Welcome to the mod life! Please keep all currency outside of wallet at all times and enjoy! lol
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 01:31 AM   #4
m603
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: avoiding pot holes

^^ thats a long write up... good to have guys like you on this forum!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 04:07 AM   #5
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m603 View Post
^^ thats a long write up... good to have guys like you on this forum!!!
lol all done from my phone
By the second part, did you mean OP or me? O.o
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #6
rorkor
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 N52 6MT

Garage List
2010 E70 X5 35d  [10.00]
2011 E90 328i  [10.00]
For serious work, I suggest a race shop or shop that races as they usually know their way around a lot of different mods. I personally use Bullet Performance in Costa Mesa. They take care of all 6 bimmers in the family. They do a lot of AA mods and have a Dinan distributorship. They are in the NASA & BMW CCA club racing series and have just recently started tracking their new e90 racer.
      12-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #7
my_335i
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

EAS did a great job on my coilovers
Appreciate 0