E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E90 325D '07 65K tale of woe Help!! please

03-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
jakesey
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 325D

Question E90 325D '07 65K tale of woe Help!! please

Hi. I am new here but really really need some urgent advice. I have an E90 325D on an 07 plate. I purchased it from a car supermarket with 52K on the clock last September. The car had a three month warranty and I purchased a further 12 month warranty from Auto Protect. In October the DPF light came on and long story short, BMW couldn't force a regen so they ended up replacing it for me under the 3 month original warranty at a cost of £1600.

A couple of weeks ago I changed the RFT's for Falken non run flats. Shortly afterwards I started getting warning lights at cold startup and difficulty cold starting. The sequence indicated a DSC or RFT error. I had the car serviced at a local garage and they told me the fuel pressure is low (error 4B90 accorging to their BOSCH diagnostics). They recommended I take it back to the dealer as the car is still under warranty until December. I took it straight back to BMW and they are telling me there are 4 errors which idicate a replacement DDE is required! What would you do?!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesey View Post
Hi. I am new here but really really need some urgent advice. I have an E90 325D on an 07 plate. I purchased it from a car supermarket with 52K on the clock last September. The car had a three month warranty and I purchased a further 12 month warranty from Auto Protect. In October the DPF light came on and long story short, BMW couldn't force a regen so they ended up replacing it for me under the 3 month original warranty at a cost of £1600.

A couple of weeks ago I changed the RFT's for Falken non run flats. Shortly afterwards I started getting warning lights at cold startup and difficulty cold starting. The sequence indicated a DSC or RFT error. I had the car serviced at a local garage and they told me the fuel pressure is low (error 4B90 accorging to their BOSCH diagnostics). They recommended I take it back to the dealer as the car is still under warranty until December. I took it straight back to BMW and they are telling me there are 4 errors which idicate a replacement DDE is required! What would you do?!
So what's the problem, does the warranty not cover a DDE?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesey View Post

Hi mate i have had two 325D both auto a 57 plate e90 and a 59 plate e92 . both have been trouble free and wonderfull cars my opinion get it in and sorted and stop worrying
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
jakesey
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 325D

Thanks for your replies. The warranty does cover the DDE but might not cover the entire cost of the repair. The warranty company only covers £50 per hour labour and BMW charge more. This is my first BMW and I just find it hard to believe that there are two major faults in such a short space of time. I've owned mostly Japenese cars before and none of them had major faults like these.
Appreciate 0